Dare Devil - WIP (Atari2600)

Muddyfunster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Nice one, you beat me to it!

Now that the carts getting into the hands of people I've scheduled the patch challenge for an upcoming ZPH After Dark show.

- James

Nice!  I expect to play more this weekend and try for a better score. Just couldn’t play that much tonight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I believe this is patch worthy?

2 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Nice one, you beat me to it!

Now that the carts getting into the hands of people I've scheduled the patch challenge for an upcoming ZPH After Dark show.

- James

What's the patch look like?

What's the score to beat to earn a patch??

ZeroPage Homebrew is trying for the homebrew patch in Dare Devil on tonight's (Sat Jul 10, 2021) AFTER DARK stream LIVE on Twitch at 9PM PT | 12PM ET | 4AM GMT+1Day! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

On 7/11/2021 at 8:01 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

PATCH EARNED on ZPH After Dark just now! ?  32550 out of a needed >13500!

Super fun game @Muddyfunster! Thank you for making it!

- James

image.thumb.png.9c6ca9ce57cb9f2d1b41eddd1a1b75a2.png

Hey James, I just watched the catch up on You tube for the Dare Devil patch (congrats!).

Regarding the score, I had planned to set this higher than 13,500 (around 25k), but lowered it based on the fact that <10 people (to my knowledge) achieved the Tyre Trax patch conditions and I wanted this to be a bit more achievable. Probably gave you guys an easy mark looking at some of these scores!

On Dare Devil, you can also "splat" in the water. You only get a splat screen if you have lives left otherwise you go to "game over". 

Great job on getting the patch!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

Hey James, I just watched the catch up on You tube for the Dare Devil patch (congrats!).

Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun to revisit the game! ?

Regarding the score, I had planned to set this higher than 13,500 (around 25k), but lowered it based on the fact that <10 people (to my knowledge) achieved the Tyre Trax patch conditions and I wanted this to be a bit more achievable. Probably gave you guys an easy mark looking at some of these scores!

I definitely felt it was a little on the low side for a patch but if you have a finite supply of patches made it's going to be more of a 'who gets the score first' type of race! ? It says to send your score to an email address at atariage, should I still do that?

On Dare Devil, you can also "splat" in the water. You only get a splat screen if you have lives left otherwise you go to "game over". 

That makes sense now, thanks for the explanation! ?

Great job on getting the patch!

Woohoo! Having modern homebrew patch challenges are SO much fun, thank you for adding them to your games!

- James

• 2 years later...