IGNORED

Games Beaten In 2019!

Today I beat Real Bout Fatal Fury for the first time on the hardest difficulty. Once I got the patterns down this game wasnt too difficult. I think Hon Fu is the hardest. attachicon.gif20190101_123911.jpgattachicon.gif20190101_123826.jp

Hahaha. Great pic at the end. Jubei is a pervert like Master Roshi is in the Dragonball series. :-D A fantastic game to play to start off the new year. I love the Real Bout series and now I have to take mine out to play. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Randomly beat two games today!

First I beat Jaws on NES. This was a really easy game. I posted it on Instagram and it got a lot of positive feedback so I decided to play. I havnt played in maybe 20 years but I finally beat it! This game isn't great, but not as bad as everyone says.

post-46128-0-87646000-1546565312_thumb.jpg

Next was NARC on NES. My buddy came by for the first time in a while yesterday and this was the game we picked. We got to the last boss easily but then we died. I had to look up the trick to beating mr.big, but afterwards I beat this game no problem.

post-46128-0-48551100-1546565413_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Randomly beat two games today!

First I beat Jaws on NES. This was a really easy game. I posted it on Instagram and it got a lot of positive feedback so I decided to play. I havnt played in maybe 20 years but I finally beat it! This game isn't great, but not as bad as everyone says.

attachicon.gif20190103_161543.jpg

Next was NARC on NES. My buddy came by for the first time in a while yesterday and this was the game we picked. We got to the last boss easily but then we died. I had to look up the trick to beating mr.big, but afterwards I beat this game no problem.

attachicon.gif20190103_165053.jpg

Huh. I beat NARC again several days ago for the "beat every NES game" thread on NintendoAge. The game is fairly easy if you farm extra lives by busting a lot of enemies. You practically need to look up how to fight Mr. Big because the strat isn't obvious.

I also beat the Adventures of Bayou Billy yesterday after having not played it for a year. I almost gave up at the driving stages. The driving can be such a pain in the ass because you lose a life whenever you make a mistake... no health bar... and there is a strict time limit. I think that the game is a lot of fun over all though. Very underrated.

• Like 1

It was mostly a 2018 project, but I finally finished Wonder Boy III - The Dragon's Trap on the Master System today. I'm bad at platformers, always was. So this one, despite being not that hard for most peoples' standards, took me a while. I had to get all the best equipment together and needed three attempts to beat the final boss. Farming for potions and magical items included.

The farming can get a bit tedious, but it really isn't all that bad. Especially when you are not a total dud at platformers, like I am :-). Overall, the game was great fun to play, and I highly recommend it.

post-34656-0-37310500-1546618108_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Huh. I beat NARC again several days ago for the "beat every NES game" thread on NintendoAge. The game is fairly easy if you farm extra lives by busting a lot of enemies. You practically need to look up how to fight Mr. Big because the strat isn't obvious.

I definitely farmed for lives on the first level . And yeah the way you kill mr.big is bs. Once I figured it out I killed him in a few seconds.

• Like 1

Today I best operation wolf on nes for the first time. I've been on a roll with nes games lately! I'm doing a challenge on Instagram where you post a game that starts with each letter of the alphabet and today was O so that's why I picked this one. I was just messing around looking for stuff to say and wound up beating it. It just tells you to keep playing after you win so I did and finally got a game over on the last level on my second loop. Great game and I'm disappointed I didn't play it sooner.

post-46128-0-19983800-1546804844_thumb.jpgpost-46128-0-83748100-1546804877_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Today I best operation wolf on nes for the first time. I've been on a roll with nes games lately! I'm doing a challenge on Instagram where you post a game that starts with each letter of the alphabet and today was O so that's why I picked this one. I was just messing around looking for stuff to say and wound up beating it. It just tells you to keep playing after you win so I did and finally got a game over on the last level on my second loop. Great game and I'm disappointed I didn't play it sooner.

attachicon.gifIMG_20190106_115717_681.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20190106_115717_682.jpg

It took me a week or two to beat Operation Wolf. I thought it was a tough game, especially having to protect the prisoners on the last level and then that stupid helicopter boss. You lose so much health when you accidentally kill a prisoner or an enemy kills them.

• Like 1

It took me a week or two to beat Operation Wolf. I thought it was a tough game, especially having to protect the prisoners on the last level and then that stupid helicopter boss. You lose so much health when you accidentally kill a prisoner or an enemy kills them.

I didn't do great saving the hostages I was just trying to get through the game lol. I managed to save a few granades for the last boss so that made him a little more manageable.

Starting off the new year with a couple fighting games! :)

1. Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Sega Genesis)

This was actually my first time playing Super Street Fighter II, as my only previous experience with Street Fighter on home consoles was Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition for the Sega Genesis as well. Overall I liked SSFII quite a bit more than Special Champion Edition, due to the brighter and more vibrant graphics as well as the addition of 4 new characters, more balanced special move sets, and more approachable computer AI difficulty. The only thing I didn't like as much about SSFII was the music, which I thought sounded a lot more bombastic and exciting in Special Champion Edition; especially in Ken and Guile's stages. In spite of the slightly lackluster music I still enjoyed SSFII immensely, and I think it will likely replace Special Champion Edition as my go-to Street Fighter game for the Sega Genesis.

2. Mortal Kombat (Sega Genesis)

I'll admit it, I've always been a Mortal Kombat guy. I appreciate Street Fighter's complexity and balance, but at the end of the day when I sit down to play a fighting game I don't want to have to think about careful zoning and timing my forward jumps perfectly to avoid anti-airs, I just want to kick some butt and relax without having to think too much. For that purpose, it doesn't get much better than Mortal Kombat! This game defies almost all the conventions that a competitive fighting game player would look for in a "good" game, but holy heck is it ever fun to play! Jump around, do some uppercuts, mash those punch buttons, tear off a few heads, impale a couple people on spikes, and just have a jolly old time of it. To this day the original Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis is still my all time favorite fighting game! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Today I beat Cabal on NES. I recently found out about this game while searching through arcade stuff and knew I had to get the nes version. I was slightly disappointed when I got the game because the controls are hard to get used to. Your cursor will take forever to move left and right and it feels almost the opposite of Operation Wolf, the game I beat just before this. The sluggish controls and strange hitbox make for some awkward gameplay, but again I made the best of it and played til I was used to it. I would honestly rather play punisher then this if I was going to play a game of this genre, but it's not bad.post-46128-0-16368500-1547340015_thumb.jpgpost-46128-0-97704500-1547340053_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

#1 Shining Force CD book 2 (on Game Gear, this is Sword of Hajya, I think)

While the save game is stored on my Everdrive, the system file that tracks which books I've completed is split between my two Sega CDs. I didn't realize that at the time, but I figured it. I can't select book 3 without going back and re-finishing book 1 on this Sega CD, or finish book 2 on the other. Ugh. Fortunately I still have both book progress saved. :)

The names for all the characters are lifted right out of Shining Force II it seems. Deanna (main character of this game) was just some random elf archer girl in SF2. Slade in this game was the rat in SF2. And so on and on it goes. That's weird, right?

post-61495-0-96890200-1547340553_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

1. Wandersong (Switch)

I read about this when it first came out- it looked good, but I typically don't buy downloads, let alone $20 ones, so I just kinda filed it away in my head & moved on. Then I got a $20 Nintendo card for Christmas, right about the time this went on sale for $15. So I grabbed it, figured I'd see what it's all about.

Guys- this game is So. Frickin. GOOD! It's a lighthearted puzzle platformer. It takes place in a world about to end, and you decide to try and save it. But you're no hero- you're a bard. You have no items and no weapons. All you can do is sing. The amount of variety they came up with for puzzles around this singing mechanic is really quite impressive, and the whole thing is presented in this sort of paper cutout style. It's very cute, it's very fun, and it's not terribly long or difficult- I imagine most of you could beat it in a weekend if not a single day. If you're into this kind of artsy indie stuff, please give this a try- you won't be disappointed.

I have a question guys. I have been playing a bunch of NES lately, and two games I played are Popeye and Xenophobe. Both of these games dont have an ending and loop forever. At what point do you consider these games beat?

In games like that I'd consider completing one loop as beating it.

• Like 1

Finished book 3 and 4 of Shining Force CD today. So I know I've counted it like 3 times (book 1 and book 2 on their own, and now these two together) but they really are separate experiences. The museum battle against every freakin' boss was wild. And then it turns out it was a dream, boooooo!

Anyway, I'm done with this one. It was super fun. Took me like 2 months in total, off and on.

edit: no pic of book 4 because I didn't have my phone handy. just for book 3. :(

post-61495-0-41409300-1547958233_thumb.jpeg

Edited by derFunkenstein
  • Like 1

I recently beat Popeye and Xenophobe on NES. these games dont have an ending, but after talking to a few people we decided that 2 loops is complete for Popeye and 1 loop is needed to beat Xenophobe. This is because the second loop of Popeye is different, but Xenophobe doesn't change or get harder. Also when timing speed runs or world records they only count 1 loop. Popeye is the better game in my opinion. Theres more strategy to it whereas in Xenophobe you just hang out and jump and shoot the same alien over and over. No screenshots since theres no ending. Just pictures from Instagram. These were also part of the #alphabetgamechallenge

post-46128-0-97909300-1548176001_thumb.jpg

post-46128-0-37357200-1548176135_thumb.jpg

I also beat Contra, Super C, and NARC all in Co op for the first time. My buddy, who is Hurricane Mixer on YouTube, has a bunch of Famicom world records so it was nice to finally play with another good Contra player. NARC is still really easy lol. No continues used on any game.

post-46128-0-12412400-1548176368_thumb.jpgpost-46128-0-14294100-1548176387_thumb.jpgpost-46128-0-13628000-1548176410_thumb.jpg

• Like 2