IGNORED

Do you have a news letter from an old TI user group?

Omega-TI

WHTECH has a great archive of news letters from old usergroups << HERE >> but I cannot help but think that at least one or two of you out there have at least one 'unknown' issue or one of better quality images than what in this rather large archive. So, if you've had a newsletter hanging around for decades, or if you just managed to obtain one thrown in with a recent purchase of TI goodies, could you please check this archive and verify that it's already there or it's as least as nice as your copy? If not, please post it here for us all to enjoy, while you help the TI community as a whole. I'm sure once Greg see it, it'll find it's way there too.

If you have one and are unable to scan it, please send me a PM. Thanks.

• Like 1

WHTECH has a great archive of news letters from old usergroups << HERE >> but I cannot help but think that at least one or two of you out there have at least one 'unknown' issue or one of better quality images than what in this rather large archive. So, if you've had a newsletter hanging around for decades, or if you just managed to obtain one thrown in with a recent purchase of TI goodies, could you please check this archive and verify that it's already there or it's as least as nice as your copy? If not, please post it here for us all to enjoy, while you help the TI community as a whole. I'm sure once Greg see it, it'll find it's way there too.

If you have one and are unable to scan it, please send me a PM. Thanks.

The thing I noticed is that there are not a lot of newsletters pre-1983. Seems like if someone had some before 1983 (especially before 1982), then it would stand a good chance of not being in the archive.

I've been scanning the set of TIBUG newsletters that I have from the Brisbane User's Group as I get time for it. I have a pretty long run of them. . .and most of them are missing from WHT.

I'd love to see them get posted here! Yeah, the WHTECH site has stuff from quite a few users groups, but there are huge gaps. I've been thinking with all the active TI'ers we have here, it might be possible to fill in at lease some of those gaps.

Every issue the VAST newsletter is up on the WHT thanks to Arcadeshopper. I think he put some Yesterdays News up there as well.

Every issue... NICE!

The user group I used to belong to only has a few issues on WHTECH, I'd like to see more of them, as I imagine others would for their old respective groups as well.

post-35324-0-49630000-1546358154.jpg

Every issue the VAST newsletter is up on the WHT thanks to Arcadeshopper. I think he put some Yesterdays News up there as well.

I looked at the archive and the oldest one I could find was Vol 2. No. 9 for VAST (http://ftp.whtech.com/user%20groups/VAST/). Wondering if I am looking in the right place or if somehow some issues went missing.

I used to have all the Milwaukee Area TI UG newsletters. I just looked through my boxes and I am guessing they either got misplaced or left up north; hopefully they didn't get recycled. Ted Z. might have copies if anyone wants to reach out to him.

For years, Gene Hitz (the MATIUG editor) exchanged newsletters with many other user groups on a monthly basis. I always enjoyed read through newsletters from across the country!

• 4 weeks later...

But they (Programbiten) can be found here. Although they started in Swedish, the last few editions, before the news group was closed down due to diminishing number of members, had many articles in English. That was due to the desire to fill the newletter with good material, in spite of limited flow of such articles in Swedish.

Programbiten actually started as a user's group for the TI 58/59 programmable calculators, so you'll find material for them too.

• Like 3

I used to have all the Milwaukee Area TI UG newsletters. I just looked through my boxes and I am guessing they either got misplaced or left up north; hopefully they didn't get recycled. Ted Z. might have copies if anyone wants to reach out to him.

For years, Gene Hitz (the MATIUG editor) exchanged newsletters with many other user groups on a monthly basis. I always enjoyed read through newsletters from across the country!

I spoke with Ted about newsletters last year. He said he thinks he gave all those newsletters away years ago. He wasn't sure though.

Perhaps I should revisit the topic with him. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with Ted about newsletters last year. He said he thinks he gave all those newsletters away years ago. He wasn't sure though.

Perhaps I should revisit the topic with him. :)

I found Gene Hitz's old MAUG site is still online. He was dabbling with some online newsletters for the group. Little blast from the past. Sadly, Gene passed a number of years ago.

http://genehitz.tripod.com/maug.html

• Like 2

I scanned a lot of Aussie TI Newsletters and magazines (TisHUG, Softex to name a few) for www.oldgamemags.com a few years ago, and I did some that I can't see on WHtech.

I scanned them at high quality so they're too big to attach but if someone can message me with somewhere to upload them I'll gladly do it.

• Like 1

I scanned a lot of Aussie TI Newsletters and magazines (TisHUG, Softex to name a few) for www.oldgamemags.com a few years ago, and I did some that I can't see on WHtech.

I scanned them at high quality so they're too big to attach but if someone can message me with somewhere to upload them I'll gladly do it.

Can you do a drop box or google drive link?