IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2019

Pixelboy

Okay, quick yet very important update: Today marks the official release of Gauntlet for ColecoVision! :D

I was supposed to start contacting customers today about their pre-orders of the game (and a handful of other ready-to-ship items as well) but I got caught up in "real life" stuff that ate up my free time, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening.

Anyway, all the copies of Gauntlet which are currently ready to ship are tied to pre-orders, so if anyone here wants to order a copy of the game, I'll have to put them on a waiting list.

• Like 7

Okay, quick yet very important update: Today marks the official release of Gauntlet for ColecoVision! :D

I was supposed to start contacting customers today about their pre-orders of the game (and a handful of other ready-to-ship items as well) but I got caught up in "real life" stuff that ate up my free time, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening.

Anyway, all the copies of Gauntlet which are currently ready to ship are tied to pre-orders, so if anyone here wants to order a copy of the game, I'll have to put them on a waiting list.

Hello Luc,

can you put me on the waiting list for Gauntlet? thanks

please add me to waitlist. Thanks

I'm currently preparing the e-mails I will be sending to everybody on my pre-order records. They are not only about Gauntlet, but also about other recorded (and future) pre-orders, which means each e-mail is highly personalized. I was hoping to finish these e-mails yesterday evening, but I'm only about 50% done as I write this. I'll skip the gym session tonight so that I can finish the job.

As for those who post here to get on the waiting list for a copy of Gauntlet, I'll get around to contacting you by e-mail (or PM) soon. :)

• Like 2

Time for an update!

The e-mail rush is mostly behind me, and at the time I'm writing this, I have a bunch of packages all ready to be dropped off at the post office.

However, because of a major snowstorm coupled with extra cold temperatures, it would be unreasonable to go out of the house today. So shipping packages will have to wait a few days, since I will need to shovel a ton of snow once the storm passes, and that kind of thing can't wait.

I'm surprised at how many people have yet to reply to the e-mail I sent them several days ago about the release of Gauntlet. But I'm not complaining, it allowed me to process orders a little more easily. :)

• Like 1

However, because of a major snowstorm coupled with extra cold temperatures, it would be unreasonable to go out of the house today. So shipping packages will have to wait a few days, since I will need to shovel a ton of snow once the storm passes, and that kind of thing can't wait.

That's something i can' t imagine. :) .. Where i live , when we have (very rarely) 5 cm ( about 2 inches) of snow, the entire region is paralyzed! :rolling:

and extra cold for me , means -1 degree celcius early in the morning ! (30.2 Farenheit if i believe google ) .

I'm really impressed by you guys living in these countries! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Luc I just got Gauntlet in today for the Colecovision and I have to say its amazing! I did not know what to expect but I remember you saying its very smooth, well let me confirm that. I found the game to be so playable and fun and zippy. I think I played it for at least an hour and found the difficulty for one player to be just perfect.

To everyone here, if you were thinking of buying this one, I can say without hesitation that is worth every penny in my opinion, the game play is sublime.

Thank you and your programmer for making this one come true its excellent!

• Like 4

Excellent work!

Hey, how could I talk to Mystery Man about the internals of Gauntlet? I've studied that version with the intent of re-creating it on the TI-99/4a. The video stuff was easy since the chip is the same, but Z80 code is beyond me. :)

In particular, I'm keen to know how the monsters were handled.