IGNORED

PLATOTerm Cartridge needs Label and Box art

tschak909

The point sizes are somewhat intentional because the target size is 5inx7in. I will bring in the left/right margin by another 1/8in.

Of course, I am doing all of this blind at the moment, but I will do this right. I want this to be as good as I can make it.

I really need to buy something from AA with box/manual...

-Thom

Edited by tschak909

So... I found a good diagram for reference in Bond Analysis...

post-9462-0-29174100-1546972904_thumb.png

One thing I am noticing, is that these manuals are at once consistent, and NOT. ;)

At least the fonts are consistent..but even TOC numbering can differ.

I'm digging through more manuals to grab bits and pieces that can be re-drawn.

-Thom

WOW that is such a great job Mr Robot! Really!

Just one thing, is there a chance to change the CXL number?

In 2012, with respect to Carol Shaw, I searched all numbers of the original carts and the next free number was 4028. So, 9 years ago, we donated her the number. Of course, she deserved a double zero number, but they were all gone. :-(

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Atari%20Calculator

Further, I have seen some The!Cart images with the same number. Can we find a solution, especially for carts to come?

Have here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42qfvr4lvhq1c5t/Thom.zip?dl=0

collected some fonts of old carts.

Further, we should take new carts into the hall of fame, where Platoterm belongs to!

Maybe we can add a column here:

http://www.atariage.com/software_list.html?SystemID=800

with the serial numbers of the carts?

-> Albert?

Thank you all so much, you do a real men's job!

post-32599-0-15270000-1547441789_thumb.jpg

Edited by luckybuck
  • Like 3

Mr Robot, you are right, I am so stupid. The easiest solutions, I don't get. Due to education... We are drilled to make it always as complex as possible...

Sure, the would be the best idea, can copy the list from here and make a new one. Yes, should be done. Hope again, to get help from smart guys here. Atari Geezer is very big in carts, maybe, he will help?

Will do so, very good idea, thank you. :-) In the background the Atari SAEL team is preparing a big publication, which has to come first. But I put your idea on my list (which is getting longer and longer...).

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 5:30 PM, Albert said:

One comment on the label -- I don't think the bottom portion of the label is supposed to be a different color. I believe this happens because part of the label fades, possibly from sitting in the computer where only part of it is exposed to sunlight? The brown should be a uniform color.

..Al

Coming back to this just a while after the fact...

I just came across this label 

c_3DTicTacToe_Brown_front.jpg.9d6c001fa392eac5bd9f4ef50dfd93a1.jpg

There is definitely a darker bar along the bottom, in this label it goes back to lighter again after the logo!

Maybe I can clear this up...

The Banding is a two fold issue.

The Yellow and what is referred to as Darker Yellow or Brown or even Orange lettering and the resulting band is on ALL cartridge at that time, if you can not perceive it, try looking at it with different spectrums of light and angles and distance for your viewing point. Even on the cartridges that have faded and are hard to see it is present. This is a product of the process of making the Labels and coloring the letters. The color is applied as a rectangle, or band to color the letters and as a square for descending text like a TM (trademark etc) It was later used as a way to authenticate the product. What was allowed to change was the stamping of numbers into the label.

This method allowed uniform color across the text and avoided registration issues...  I hope this clears some of the concerns up. I tend to ramble and nobody wants me to go on about this kind of stuff to be sure :)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup, don't care what number is in use, we can change it to whatever.

I still need to deal with the typeset manual, and see what needs to be done to get it to something that Albert can print.

I need to also figure out what to do for all the different touch drivers. I can't fit them all into 16K, it's just not possible. 

What I'd like to do is put each version of platoterm with a touch driver statically built, on the cartridge, and have a simple menu to

select the appropriate one, as doing the initial calculations to handle bank switching etc for the touch driver will be _very_ problematic, as many of the touch drivers require pokey IRQ interaction...

Does anyone else have a potential solution? 

-Thom