Marius

does the game 2048 (already) exist on a8?

Hi All,

Since a few weeks I am playing the game 2048 ... https://play2048.co/

It reminds me of the great game Quarrion. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243539-quarrion-new-game-finished/

But it is still a different game.

I was even wondering if I should write it myself (perhaps in Turbo Basic). But I am running out of time a lot due to study.

So, I am asking here:

Does there already exist a 2048 for atari 8bit? Or perhaps is someone inspired to write it?

Thanks

Marius

Posted (edited)

Hello Marius

You definitely should visite more Atari 8 bit meetings. We play 2048 at the Fujiama, the NOMAM and the H.A.T.Z. (among other things). skr can confirm that. :grin:

Sincerely

Mathy

PS here's a picture from my meetings page (R.I.K. of Kaisersoft is playing 2048 and maybe some of the others are too):

Inside%20the%20building.jpg

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 2

There also is a Tenliner.

Only 10 Lines of Basic for this game. It is called 2047 and won in it's category.

• Like 1

Someone remembers, yay :)))

Now I could do the exact conversion of 2048, there's a lot of space left in these 10 lines :)

• Like 2

How about merge-three games? Have any been done on an 8-bit system?

Where the guy in the right corner is at 4K !!!!!!!! Lots of witnesses... Incredible player. Don't mess with him. :-)

Today I managed to get 5728 points. It is a great game. Very addictive. On my Smartphone my max. is 7600+ ... I never made it to blocks higher than 512 (or perhaps one time 1024, but I doubt it when I look at my max. score).

post-3114-0-43931300-1547498333_thumb.jpg

Hi Marius, don't trust a German guy, ask Mathy, he eyewitness with me and other witnesses, that Markus Römer showed us a 4K block! Not kidding! I am just the junior with a question mark, see my avatar, but:

post-32599-0-93852900-1547499569_thumb.png

• Like 1

Could you PLEASE tell me whether there is a tutorial, just like with rubik's cube. Somewhere I am under the impression that I have to learn some kind of algorhythm or so.

But IMPRESSIVE score. Amazing!

Where the guy in the right corner is at 4K !!!!!!!! Lots of witnesses... Incredible player. Don't mess with him. :-)

Lol I feel so stupid now. I thought you meant 4000+ points whahahaha

No you are not, of course! 99.99 % of our genes are identical, so this can't be true. Just think about it, before playing. You have limited place, therefore, try to push the big bricks in a corner and the 2 and 4 bricks in the middle of the playfield. Immediately try to combine the higher ones. There must be a formula to calculate, which highest brick can be achieved max. Maybe we can find an answer to this, at the next HATZ, before(!) we do this:

post-32599-0-78602900-1547503136.gif

You are in the NL, why don't you join with us at the HATZ?

But don't feel stupid! This is a normal process, if you find out, the others feel like an ameba...

One of the reasons the government doesn't want you to know too much...

• Like 1

You are in the NL, why don't you join with us at the HATZ?

Thanks you really helped me out with your post. I am currently extremely busy. This was the first time since 1/1/2019 that I had some time to play the game. When I have more time I will take it in consideration. What is location of HATZ?

Hello Marius

That should be:

H.A.T.Z. XIX (Hunsrücker Atari Tage Zweitausend 19)
Schiefersteinstraße 13
55606 Kellenbach

Deutschland

Sincerely

Mathy

PS no date yet, but we hope R.I.K. will announce it soon.

PROGRESSION!!

The suggestion to keep the high numbers in the corner(s) is a good one. I managed to get further. But on a certain level it is not possible (for me) to keep them there (as you can see in the screenshot). I managed to get a 1K block (wow) and to reach finally 11556 points before I got a GAME OVER.

I was wondering, are there -just like with Rubik's cube- some algorhythm to execute to move block x to position y? I think around 50% of my movements are well overthought and 50% are hit and miss lol... Sometimes it turned out to be a very good move but there also moments that everything goes wrong and BAM game over :D

Anyway. GREAT Game to play on Atari 8bit. Nice music too btw. I recognize the Englishman in New York (Sting)... but I was wondering: what is that other tune? (not in the mainscreen, but the second tune during gameplay)...

post-3114-0-97138000-1547915172_thumb.jpg

Well, there must be an algorithm, of course, but that is high end mathematics regarding probability. A real algorithm is a little bit complicated, because of the random appearing blocks. Due to my understanding of mathematics, post #12 from skr is very sure the maximum limit of blocks, due to the lack of space available. For the sound: did you try Shazam on the sound?

...but I was wondering: what is that other tune? (not in the mainscreen, but the second tune during gameplay)...

• Like 1

I should search on internet for some suggestions. I want to get better in this amazing game!

Just try to ask yourself, if you find a way to reach the picture in post #12, you already found everything... This may be a step in your live to never ever feel stupid again... An even greater spin off, then the game itself... ;-)

• Like 1

Just try to ask yourself, if you find a way to reach the picture in post #12, you already found everything... This may be a step in your live to never ever feel stupid again... An even greater spin off, then the game itself... ;-)

Perhaps I used wrong words. I do not mean I want to know what the max possibilities are, I want to get more control over the bricks. On Johny's Trouble or Simple Minds (which are both games with moving bricks) I know exactly what movements to do to get brick a to position b. No matter how full or empty the playfield is. Indeed, a difference with 2048 is that those games do not add a new brick on a random position, which makes it harder (but I almost would say: this is making the end result of 2048 also slightly a matter of luck... or am I wrong here?) ... anyway, perhaps the fact that I make progress proves that I am still learning and improving.

Do you have more suggestion for me which could help me improving?

Not at the moment. Yes, sure, it is a little dependend on where the new bricks appear. A little bit lit like Klondike... ;-) Sometimes, it works, sometimes, not. Just keep trying... ;-)

• Like 1