IGNORED

Anyone use a Framemeister with their ST?

6BQ5

I've searched for threads about the Framemeister on the ST but not much came up. It seems like it's more often used with 8-bit systems.

Does anyone here use it with their ST? I'm trying to figure out what the solution de jour for connecting to modern displays is. Based on what I read the Framemeister will work spectacularly but considering the price and functionality it may be more than I need. All I really need is a scan doubler. My incoming Dell 2007FP monitor will have a S-Video input for my 130XE.

Then again, if this is a plug-in-and-forget-about-it solution that will work, work, and work with anything and everything then maybe it's worth it?

Thanks!

Yes, I use it with SCART RGB out from my ST/MSTE. The RGB sync seems like it can be a bit iffy (and possibly depending on model) at times and I had to create a profile specifically for it, but it does look *very* nice. : )

Where did you get a ST video -> SCART cable?

Thanks!

I use my STE with the OSSC. The output is very sharp.

The SCART cable I used was purchased from Cool Novelties.

Looked that video, and that's not really good example. I don't see frequency conversion - Dell monitor gets 50 Hz signal. But most of people has LCD capable of 60 Hz signal, or more, like 75. But not 50 Hz. So freq. conversion is needed. That's why someone there asked for scroll - but he did not watch it carefully.

Since same Dell 2007 monitor is in question, I'm not sure that you need to buy Framemeister. Maybe just proper cable could solve it. Sync. signals should be OK - ST has separated H and V. RGB levels may be too high, many solved it with resistors.

This setup can be seen a bit funny,
because most people praise OSSC for its minimal lag when it converts the video signal,
and then using a wireless controller... introduce some lag on the control. :D

But i guess the configuration presented here is more about using modern devices than gameplay fidelity. :)
Edited by dma
  • Like 1

This OSSC seems to be quite a nice solution for STs without VGA...

Ive bought a framemeister for the Jaguar, but this seems better for STs...

Also, Im dying to know what game pad is that and how to use it :)

Nice video!

Thanks!

It’s definitely the best I’ve ever seen the STE when used in the OSSC’s 5x line mode.

I used a Logitech F710 wireless game controller along with a TOM2 USB to DB9 adapter. Works well (though on some games the fire button wouldn’t work on the Falcon - fine on the STE though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since same Dell 2007 monitor is in question, I'm not sure that you need to buy Framemeister. Maybe just proper cable could solve it. Sync. signals should be OK - ST has separated H and V. RGB levels may be too high, many solved it with resistors.

This model also has S-Video and composite video inputs and luckily accepts both 50 and 60hz, but not the 15khz signal.

Admittedly, I got it cheap, the sound bar provides good sound and it somewhat matches the ST colour scheme. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This model also has S-Video and composite video inputs and luckily accepts both 50 and 60hz, but not the 15khz signal.

Admittedly, I got it cheap, the sound bar provides good sound and it somewhat matches the ST colour scheme. ;)

It's great monitor, I have several, and the soundbars give you a great, compact set up. If you have an UAV in your 130XE, the output looks as good as my VBXE (going through a GBBS-8220). I guess I should make a cable and see how well my ST looks going through the GBBS-8220...

Edited by gozar
  • Like 1

It's great monitor, I have several, and the soundbars give you a great, compact set up. If you have an UAV in your 130XE, the output looks as good as my VBXE (going through a GBBS-8220). I guess I should make a cable and see how well my ST looks going through the GBBS-8220...

I’ll be installing one of my UAV’s in a 1200XL next week so I’ll try it out with this monitor as well. I’ve currently got an XEGS with Sophia DVI hooked up to one of these as well, not to mention a Falcon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk