IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

carlsson

I really wanted to do my usual picture and writeup today since I've got some gaming stuff that I'm pretty excited to talk about, mainly how much I adore the 8BitDo SN30 Pro controller I got this past week. It's the single best controller I've ever used in my entire life and even tops the original GameCube controller and official 6-button Genesis controller on my list of all time favorite controllers, but unfortunately my stomach problems have been flaring up again today so I haven't been feeling up to doing much writing or picture taking.

That'll have to wait until either later in the week when I'm feeling better or next week, so for now here's my household's gaming times for the week so at least I won't be holding up Carlsson from doing the weekly statistics:

Ineligible
Doom (PlayStation) - 185 minutes
Quake II (PlayStation) - 7 minutes

Nintendo Switch
DOOM - 1,035 minutes
Sonic Mania Plus - 675 minutes
Tetris 99 - 5 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,907 minutes (31 hours 47 minutes) [1,715 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Switch: 1,715 minutes
PlayStation: 192 minutes

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

Week 10

Top games
1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 1384 min.
2. DOOM (Switch) - 1035 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 886 min.
4. Sonic Mania Plus (Switch) - 675 min.
5. Armello (Xbox One) - 507 min.
6. Tetris 99 (Switch) - 425 min.
7. Lego: Harry Potter Collection (Switch) - 367 min.
8. Skyrim Special Edition (PC) - 300 min.
9. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Xbox One) - 261 min.
10. Injustice 2 (Xbox One) - 224 min.

Top systems
1. Switch - 4142 min.
2. Xbox One - 2394 min.
3. PC - 396 min.
4. Xbox 360 - 246 min.
5. Wii - 91 min.
6. Handheld - 55 min.

Total 7324 minutes and 23 different games on 6 different systems.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild "wins" its 4th title this season, this time primarily challenged by DOOM. Since the total numbers this week are a little lower than the previous week, the Switch takes the systems title despite it is played for 21 minutes less than last week. We also have an Oregon Trail handheld, which could be argued if it goes into modern or classic gaming but since the actual implementation inside is unknown, we count it here.

• Like 4

Halo 2 (PC) 65 mins (online via Project Cartographer)

Skyrim SE (PC) 300 mins lol I thought Skyrim was played out for me but I'm back after 2 years and I can play it again. Dragon wings + flying mod is so fun...

Winged Argonians have been mentioned somewhere in lore so to me it doesn't break the lore. A Dragonborn that looks like a dragon...

attachicon.gifScreenShot18.png

post-29698-0-31364800-1552417465.png Just updated my character's appearance. Anyway. It seems Skyrim is taking all of my modern gaming time now lol

• Like 2

i snuck in some Breath of the Wild this morning so if @carlsson allows it I'd like to include in last weeks gaming. I actually beat the frickin' game today!

also got some quality time with Captain Toad and cleared through a bunch of stages- likewise with Ape Out.

Switch:

Ape Out -- 343 minutes

Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker -- 1247 minutes

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -- 268 minutes

Tetris 99 - 420 minutes

• Like 2

My apologies for the extreme lateness, it seem that Mondays just haven't been my day lately. :sad:

Ineligible (All Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch)
Galaga '88 - 6 minutes
Pac-Man - 37 minutes
Splatterhouse - 193 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
Pokémon Ultra Sun - 189 minutes

Nintendo Switch
DOOM - 160 minutes
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus - 49 minutes
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 1,450 minutes
Sonic Mania Plus - 70 minutes

2,154 minutes (35 hours 54 minutes) [1,918 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 1,729 minutes
Arcade: 236 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 189 minutes

• Like 3

Week 11

Top games
1. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Switch) - 1450 min.
2. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch) - 1247 min.
3. Skyrim Special Edition (PC) - 1200 min.
4. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 882 min.
5. Tetris 99 (Switch) - 420 min.
6. Ape Out (Switch) - 343 min.
7. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 268 min.
8. Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) - 189 min.
9. DOOM (Switch) - 160 min.
10. Death Squared (Xbox One) - 152 min.

Top systems
1. Switch - 4007 min.
2. Xbox One - 1234 min.
3. PC - 1200 min.
4. 3DS - 189 min.
5. Xbox 360 - 106 min.
6. Handheld - 67 min.

Total 6803 minutes and 18 different games on 6 different systems.

As the Zelda craze ebbs out, we have a fairly tight battle between Resident Evil, Captain Toad and Skyrim where newcomer survival horror this week beats both puzzle games and role playing. Systems wise, the Switch dominates by nearly 60% of the total logged play time.

In case anyone forgot to post their times, we'll include them next week.

• Like 4

Skyrim SE (PC) 2421 mins (I was sick this past week so I missed some work lol)

Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS) 25 mins (during my lunch break at work)

post-29698-0-19122000-1553496537.png

Updated gear on my SKyrim character... I ended up uninstalling the digitgrade beast races mod because it didn't work right with the Unique Player Character mod (so I could have those awesome custom tattoos I made) as well as not be limited to the vanilla boots.

• Like 3

It was another Switch heavy week around here this past week, but once again no picture for the week since at the moment both of my Switch Joy-Cons are at Nintendo's US repair center getting fixed up. The left one had an issue with the rumble motor not working correctly and the right one had a stuck R button. Thankfully in the meantime I've still got my 8BitDo SN30 Pro controller and the misses still has her 8BitDo GBros adapter for her Wii arcade stick, so we've still been playing Switch games on the TV in docked mode and in tabletop mode while I wait for my Joy-Cons to get fixed. :)

Ineligible
Galaga '88 (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 10 minutes
Pac-Man (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 13 minutes
Sky Kid (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 4 minutes

Splatterhouse (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 4 minutes

Splatterhouse 2 (Sega Genesis) - 98 minutes
Tank Force (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 9 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
Resident Evil: Revelations - 281 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Dust: An Elysian Tail - 585 minutes
Night in the Woods - 585 minutes
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 85 minutes
Sonic Mania Plus - 80 minutes

1,754 minutes (29 hours 14 minutes) [1,616 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 1,335 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 281 minutes
Sega Genesis: 98 minutes
Arcade: 40 minutes

We finished a lot of Switch games that we started over the last month or so this past week. First I beat Resident Evil: Revelations 2, then the misses finished off her play through of Sonic Mania Plus. Both were absolutely awesome games and well worth the price of admission, as was the following game we played together over the course of the next few days.

That game was Night in the Woods, and holy moly did this game ever have the most personally impactful story that I've ever encountered in a video game. It wasn't the happiest of stories, dealing with deeply personal subjects like anxiety, depression, and failing out of college for mental health reasons; but I'll be darned if it wasn't the best story I've ever experienced in a game. In spite of the heavy subject matter it was actually lot of fun to play, consisting mostly of light platforming and exploration interspersed with some rhythm mini-games and chalked to the brim shockingly hilarious dialog presented through a Choose Your Own Adventure style format. I'd definitely recommend Night in the Woods to anyone who's dealt with the aforementioned issues. It's a strikingly relatable game with a story that'll really stick with you.

With those games in the bag I did a quick play through of Splatterhouse 2 on the Genesis (which is definitely my favorite game in the whole series) then decided to go back and replay the original Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS, since I think I actually liked the original a bit more than Revelations 2, but it wasn't long before I got totally distracted by Dust: An Elysian Tail on the Switch. Being a furry it's no surprise that Dust captivated me pretty much instantly, but it's also got some fantastic gameplay and storytelling that will appeal to anyone who enjoys a good Metroidvania style hack 'n slash game. Anyone who has played Muramasa: The Demon Blade will feel right at home in Dust, as it plays very similarly and looks just as beautiful.

Looking ahead to next week I plan to continue my play throughs of Dust: An Elysian Tail and Resident Evil: Revelations, and the misses just got back to her game of Doom on the PlayStation this morning so it looks like that's what'll be occupying her gaming time next week. Hopefully I'll get my repaired Joy-Cons back from Nintendo in a week or two, but until then I don't mind just playing the Switch docked on the TV and sticking to my trusty 3DS for portable gaming. As always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Skyrim SE (PC) 2421 mins (I was sick this past week so I missed some work lol)

Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS) 25 mins (during my lunch break at work)

attachicon.gifDragon-White-Feathers.png

Updated gear on my SKyrim character... I ended up uninstalling the digitgrade beast races mod because it didn't work right with the Unique Player Character mod (so I could have those awesome custom tattoos I made) as well as not be limited to the vanilla boots.

I just realized that the purple on his face didn't seem to match the rest of his body and the armor so I changed it lol...

post-29698-0-22171000-1553530458.png

• Like 1

Week 12

Top games

1. Skyrim Special Edition (PC) - 2421 min.
2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 754 min.
3. Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch) - 585 min.
4. Night in the Woods (Switch) - 585 min.
5. Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) - 281 min.
6. An Assassin in Orlandes (PC) - 184 min.
7. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Switch) - 85 min.
8. Pinball Hall of Fame (Xbox 360) - 81 min.
9. Sonic Mania Plus (Switch) - 80 min.
10. Stern Pinball Arcade (Xbox One) - 77 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 2649 min.
2. Switch - 1335 min.
3. Xbox One - 831 min.
4. 3DS - 306 min.
5. PS4 - 106 min.
6. Xbox 360 - 81 min.
7. Xbox - 75 min.

Total 5383 minutes and 18 different games on 7 different systems.

Skyrim Special Edition doubles its figures from last week while most of the other previous candidates for the top position are having a slow week or nothing at all. Thanks to Skyrim, the PC also is the most played system, with all three Xbox systems on the list the same week.

If you forgot to post, don't fear - we'll add your minutes next week!

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3