IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

carlsson

PS4

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (604 min)

Some PS4 love! Played Uncharted when I first got my PS4 3 years ago, but never followed up with number two until now. Enjoying it, as I expected. I like the Uncharted/Tomb Raider style platform/puzzle shooters.

• Like 6

Arcade:

Metal Slug 3 -- 121 minutes

PS2:

Final Fantasy X -- 1214 minutes

Switch:

Downwell -- 420 minutes

Lode Runner Legacy -- 253 minutes

Tetris 99 -- 30 minutes

Yoshi's Crafted World -- 24 minutes

This week continued with my replay of Final Fantasy X. I forget how uneven the difficulty curve is in this game and how specific some of the boss fights are- it starts out pretty easy IMO then once you get 2/3 through the game BAM! Hope you like to run in circles around the save points to grind your levels out.

Downwell continued to be my 'chill out' game at night, along with picking up Lode Runner on Friday. Lode Runner Legacy is a darn good Lode Runner game- I really enjoyed the inclusion of the 'Classic' levels from Broderbund's first Lode Runner game. We had it on the C64 originally and I felt that Classic mode was pretty faithful to that.

I also spent some time with one of my favorite games in the Metal Slug series, Metal Slug 3. The story stuff is hilarious, the graphics crisp, and I love the extra levels and new things they add.

I rounded out with Tetris 99 and Yoshi's Crafted World, partly playing until I was just so aggravated I had to put the games down.

• Like 4

Xbox One

PUBG: 690 minutes

Xbox 360 (via Xbox One)

Fallout 3: 362 minutes

One PUBG buddy was traveling for work for a few nights & the other had the in-laws over. I took advantage of the free time by finishing off Fallout 3. I thought I had completed it 5 years ago, but I still had one more DLC left to finish.

I didn't realize it was Xbox One X enhanced & it looks fantastic.

First achievement unlocked on December 25, 2008, the last on April 28, 2019. :)

• Like 4

'Twas a fine week for gaming around here this past week, with a solid mix of both modern and classic titles. :)

JJdSmfq.jpg

Ineligible
Cadash (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 16 minutes
Castlevania: Bloodlines (Sega Genesis) - 118 minutes
Contra: The Alien Wars (Game Boy, Emulated on EverDrive GBA X5) - 27 minutes
Gain Ground (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 24 minutes
Light Crusader (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 70 minutes
Skeleton Krew (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 9 minutes
Super Smash T.V. (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 9 minutes
The Immortal (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 36 minutes

Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - 75 minutes
Metroid Fusion - 370 minutes
Sonic Advance - 230 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
984 minutes (16 hours 24 minutes) [675 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Game Boy Advance: 675 minutes
Sega Genesis: 282 minutes
Game Boy: 27 minutes

The big gaming event around here this past week was the arrival of all the hardware we needed to start exploring the Game Boy Advance library. A backlit AGS-101 screen for my Game Boy Advance, a Game Boy Player disc for our GameCube so the misses could play GBA games on the TV with her Wii/GameCube/Switch arcade stick, and an EverDrive GBA X5 to provide the games. It was a big investment for everything but it's been a ton of a fun so far!

We started off the week playing through Sonic Advance together, with the spousal unit playing as Sonic and me as Tails, and it was just an amazing throwback to the classic Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Sega Genesis. The game was easy to beat in a few hours but neither of us ended up being any good at the the bonus stages where you earn chaos emeralds so we ended up finishing the game with just one emerald, and I doubt we'll get the others anytime soon. After Sonic Advance I started in on Metroid Fusion and the misses began a game of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, both of which are just flippin' amazing so far.

In between all the GBA games we also played through Castlevania: Bloodlines on the Genesis, trading off the controller between levels, then we each explored some new Genesis games via emulation to see whether they were worth adding to the physical cartridge wants list. First I tried out Cadash, Gain Ground, Skeleton Krew, and Super Smash T.V.. I wasn't a big fan of Cadash, Skeleton Krew was kinda neat but really repetitive and definitely not worth the $45 that loose cartridges are currently going for, and Super Smash T.V. was pretty fun but really needed to be played on original hardware with dual arcade sticks to get a proper feel for it. The one game I absolutely loved though was Gain Ground, and I'll definitely be hunting down a physical copy of that one! It was a really fun and engaging RTS game, which is a really one of a kind experience for the Sega Genesis.

For the misses' games she tried out The Immortal and Light Crusader, which are both isometric 3D dungeon crawlers. She thought The Immortal was a great throwback to classic PC adventure games with clever puzzles, a cool and unique combat system, and a solid level of challenge. Light Crusader on the other hand turned out to be not quite as much fun, due to the heavy emphasis on Zelda style environmental puzzles that just don't work very well with the game's twitchy controls and is isometric perspective. She didn't think it was a "bad" game, just not a terribly good one. It was playable enough, but she wouldn't go out of her way to find a copy.

Looking ahead to next week I'll be continuing my play through of Metroid Fusion while my other half works on Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, and since I managed to squeak my way into the finals for the bronze medal bracket of the Atari 2600 High Score Club it looks like I'll be playing some Atari too. I'm pretty excited to see what games my opponent and I are going to end up playing! I'll have to wait a few more days to see what those games are going to be though, so until then and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

• Like 3

Week 17

Top games

1. Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 1214 min.

2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 690 min.

3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4) - 604 min.

4. Downwell (Switch) - 420 min.

5. Metroid Fusion (GBA) - 370 min.

6. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) - 362 min.

7. Overcooked II (Xbox One) - 280 min.

8. Lode Runner Legacy (Switch) - 253 min.

9. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox) - 245 min.

10. Sonic Advance (GBA) - 230 min.

Top systems

1. PS2 - 1214 min.

2. Xbox One - 980 min.

3. Switch - 727 min.

4. GBA - 675 min.

5. PS4 - 604 min.

6. Xbox 360 - 362 min.

7. Xbox - 245 min.

8. Arcade - 121 min.

9. 3DS - 10 min.

Total 4938 minutes and 16 different games on 9 different systems.

Final Fantasy X for the second week in a row takes the double on its own! Behind it, there is healhy competition and nearly 4 hours of gameplay is required to even enter the top list this week. Nine different systems, of which eight had at least 2 hours of gameplay each which also is more than usual.

Happy Walpurgis, may you burn in peace!

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (April 29th through May 5th) on modern systems...

Gigatron:

Racer - 5 min.

In case you never heard of it, the Gigatron is a computer made of TTL chips without a real CPU. It still generates a VGA output under CPU control. One of the built-in games is Racer which looks a bit like Pole Position, but falls short of it in several ways.

• Like 4

Dedicated Handhelds

MGA Entertainment

Basic Fun

• Asteroids 32
  • Pac Man (lcd) 17

X360

Kinect Sports 45

Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet 274

Xone

Overcooked II 103

I've had company this week who also enjoy some gaming, but it has diversified the titles a bit. The kids enjoy the little dedicated handhelds and one of them wants to play Super Hero Squad in co-op with me as much as he can. Their dad enjoys Mortal Kombat and their uncle NBA Jams (logged in the other tracker). All of these games are being played at my house, so I'm logging time for all of it this week.

• Like 4

I really didn't play many games other than FFX- i tended to fixate some on it, lol. i started my playthrough over because I missed key items and the game tends to get unforgiving at the end if you don't use a specific set of strategies.

PS2:

Final Fantasy X -- 1684 minutes

Switch:

Downwell -- 36 minutes

• Like 3

I'm having a really cruddy day medically speaking today and typing isn't the easiest, so no picture or writeup this week, but I can still get my household's times posted. :)

Ineligible
Doom (Sega 32X) - 15 minutes
Golf Magazine Presents: 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples (Sega 32X) - 25 minutes
Mega Bomberman (Sega Genesis) - 144 minutes
Mortal Kombat II (Sega Genesis) - 137 minutes
Mortal Kombat 3 (Sega Genesis) - 98 minutes
Ms. Pac-Man (Sega Genesis) - 105 minutes
Star Wars Arcade (Sega 32X)- 93 minutes

Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - 206 minutes
Metroid Fusion - 372 minutes

1,195 minutes (19 hours 55 minutes) [578 minutes eligible]

Game Boy Advance: 578 minutes
Sega Genesis: 484 minutes
Sega 32X: 133 minutes

• Like 2

I'm having a really cruddy day medically speaking today and typing isn't the easiest, so no picture or writeup this week, but I can still get my household's times posted. :)

Ineligible

Doom (Sega 32X) - 15 minutes

Golf Magazine Presents: 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples (Sega 32X) - 25 minutes

Mega Bomberman (Sega Genesis) - 144 minutes

Mortal Kombat II (Sega Genesis) - 137 minutes

Mortal Kombat 3 (Sega Genesis) - 98 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Sega Genesis) - 105 minutes

Star Wars Arcade (Sega 32X)- 93 minutes

Game Boy Advance

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - 206 minutes

Metroid Fusion - 372 minutes

1,195 minutes (19 hours 55 minutes) [578 minutes eligible]

Game Boy Advance: 578 minutes

Sega Genesis: 484 minutes

Sega 32X: 133 minutes

we understand that here at our house. hope you get to feeling a little better. :)

• Like 2

we understand that here at our house. hope you get to feeling a little better. :)

Aww, thanks man! For some reason the doctors haven't figured out yet I developed some pretty severe peripheral neuropathy in both my hands, feet, arms, and legs Saturday morning and it hasn't gone away yet. Basically it feels like all my limbs are half asleep with that prickly pins and needles feeling all over 24/7, so for the time being my fine motor coordination is shot all to heck and just holding a controller is a challenge in itself at the moment.

Hopefully it clears up soon and the docs sort out the cause, but for the time being... well, I've had better days.

PS4

God of War (321 min)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (124 min)

XB1

Borderlands 2 (179 min)

Finished Uncharted 2, it was a bit shorter than expected, but it was enjoyable. So, I finally started God of War, I'm seeing why it has gotten the accolades that it has. Also continued my co-op game of BL2, up to level 11.

• Like 3

Week 18

Top games

1. Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 1684 min.
2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 963 min.
3. Metroid Fusion (GBA) - 372 min.
4. God of War (PS4) - 321 min.
5. Marvel Super Hero Squad (Xbox 360) - 274 min.
6. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) - 206 min.
7. Borderlands 2 (Xbox One) - 179 min.
8. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox) - 130 min.
9. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4) - 124 min.
10. Overcooked II (Xbox One) - 103 min.

Top systems

1. PS2 - 1684 min.
2. Xbox One - 1245 min.
3. GBA - 578 min.
4. PS4 - 445 min.
5. Xbox 360 - 319 min.
6. Xbox - 130 min.
7. Dedicated Handheld - 101 min.
8. Switch - 36 min.
9. Gigatron - 5 min.

Total 4543 minutes and 17 different games on 9 different systems.

FFX takes the title once again with PUBG as the runner up. The systems list is a bit unusual as barely any gameplay was registered for the Switch, beaten by a bunch of dedcicated handhelds (manufactured past 2000, thus they end up here).

The tracker just exceeded 300,000 minutes of logged gameplay, to be exact 301,068 minutes divided by 478 games = average 630 minutes per game. Even if we exclude PUBG (48,328 minutes), the average is as high as 530 minutes per game.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

Week 18

Top games

1. Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 1684 min.

2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 963 min.

3. Metroid Fusion (GBA) - 372 min.

4. God of War (PS4) - 321 min.

5. Marvel Super Hero Squad (Xbox 360) - 274 min.

6. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) - 206 min.

7. Borderlands 2 (Xbox One) - 179 min.

8. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox) - 130 min.

9. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4) - 124 min.

10. Overcooked II (Xbox One) - 103 min.

Top systems

1. PS2 - 1684 min.

2. Xbox One - 1245 min.

3. GBA - 578 min.

4. PS4 - 445 min.

5. Xbox 360 - 319 min.

6. Xbox - 130 min.

7. Dedicated Handheld - 101 min.

8. Switch - 36 min.

9. Gigatron - 5 min.

Total 4543 minutes and 17 different games on 9 different systems.

FFX takes the title once again with PUBG as the runner up. The systems list is a bit unusual as barely any gameplay was registered for the Switch, beaten by a bunch of dedcicated handhelds (manufactured past 2000, thus they end up here).

The tracker just exceeded 300,000 minutes of logged gameplay, to be exact 301,068 minutes divided by 478 games = average 630 minutes per game. Even if we exclude PUBG (48,328 minutes), the average is as high as 530 minutes per game.

Thanks for the continued work on the tracker!

For me, dedicated Switch games are going to take a backseat for a while until I go through FFX and FFX-2. Maybe if Cadence of Hyrule or something comes out, I'll switch gears. ;)

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week (May 6th through 12th) on modern systems...

Android phone:

McDonalds Rally - 3 min.

As for modern games, McDonalds has a new game in its app, a rally game with overhead view where you steer your car by putting your finger on the left and right buttons, so I tried that one for a bit (you're only allowed to compete in one round per day).

• Like 4

Arcade 2000+

Rabbids Hollywood 5

Halo Fireteam Raven 5

Dedicated Handhelds

MGA Entertainment

• Centipede 2
  • Missile Command 9
  • Super Breakout 7

Basic Fun

• Asteroids 12
  • Pac Man (lcd) 4

PC

Pinball FX2 40

Hodgepodge mix of stuff this week. I did a little more arcade hopping, so most of that will show up in the other tracker. The handhelds also got a few more minutes.

• Like 4

i am %^%&%^&%ing done with Final Fantasy X for a while- I'm at the last fight before the final one and I either 1) have to grind out Sphere levels or 2) do the ridiculous stuff to get the Celestial Weapons to make the fight easier. I've sunk enough time into the tedious grindy stuff. That being said, I watched the 'Eternal Calm' FF movie and started X-2 (which I enjoy much more than X). :)

I bought the offline modes for Tetris 99 so I spent some time with those till the arthritis in my hands told me to go play a game that didn't use the left d-pad so much, lol.

Do yourself a favor, though, and don't fall for the nostalgia of the 'Impossible Mission' port/remake for the Switch. This has been the first game in ages that I bought, played 3 minutes, regretted purchasing, and uninstalled. The 'classic' version isn't even the same as the C64 one- it just feels... soulless. I could've purchased something MUCH better for my 15 bucks. Buyer beware!

PS2:

Final Fantasy X -- 1864 minutes

Final Fantasy X-2 -- 167 minutes

Switch:

Downwell -- 60 minutes

Impossible Mission -- 3 minutes

Tetris -- 181 minutes

• Like 3

Ineligible
Columns III (Sega Genesis) - 30 minutes
Doom (Sega 32X) - 67 minutes
Golf Magazine Presents: 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples (Sega 32X) - 130 minutes
OutRun (Sega Genesis) - 116 minutes
PGA Tour Golf III (Sega Genesis) - 319 minutes
Virtua Fighter (Sega 32X) - 26 minutes
Virtua Racing Deluxe (Sega 32X) - 54 minutes

Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - 113 minutes
Metroid: Zero Mission - 223 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Fe - 295 minutes

1,373 minutes (22 hours 53 minutes) [631 minutes eligible]

Sega Genesis: 465 minutes
Game Boy Advance: 336 minutes
Nintendo Switch: 295 minutes
Sega 32X: 277 minutes

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

Week 19

Top games

1. Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 1864 min.
2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 987 min.
3. Battle for Wesnoth, The (PC) - 713 min.
4. Fe (Switch) - 295 min.
5. Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA) - 223 min.
6. Tetris 99 (Switch) - 181 min.
7. Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) - 167 min.
8. Borderlands 2 (Xbox One) - 149 min.
9. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) - 113 min.
10. Downwell (Switch) - 60 min.

Top systems

1. PS2 - 2031 min.
2. Xbox One - 1136 min.
3. PC - 753 min.
4. Switch - 539 min.
5. GBA - 336 min.
6. Dedicated Handheld - 34 min.
7. Arcade - 10 min.
8. Android Phone - 3 min.

Total 4842 minutes and 20 different games on 8 different systems.

Much remains unchanged from last week. It still is FFX vs PUBG, PS2 vs XB1. A few new entries further down the list. The Switch recovers from last week's low point while the PS4 is off the list again.

Any late minute posts will be added to next week, as usual.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3