IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

carlsson

PC

TMNT Rescue Palooza 18

Xbox

Elder Scrolls III:  Morrowind  784

Edit - I finally finished the main Morrowind storyline, and I thought it was pretty great.  My main complaint from a story perspective is that you weren't able to ask Dagoth Ur for his version of what happened on Red Mountain all those years ago.  I'm not sure why they left that out when they gave you tons of other info about that specific event through the course of the game.

Anyway, I'll probably take a break from Morrowind for a while.  I did research the various mods and additional content available for the PC version, but it kinda made we want to run the other way.  I guess I spend so much time for my job configuring software that the idea of researching it and doing it for a game seems like a waste of time.  I've been down that path for a few things and I never feel like it is time well spent . . . but maybe . . . I'd really like to play one of the quests that is only available for PC.

• Like 4

I mixed it up a fair amount this week since a new expansion dropped for Horizon 4- Lego car racing is fun!  I also picked up Borderlands: GOTY and Cadence of Hyrule since apparently I have no willpower.

I also continued my playthrough on Octopath Traveler- still going through Chapter 3 on all the characters.

XBox One:

Borderlands GOTY -- 847 minutes

Forza Horizon 4 -- 384 minutes

Switch:

Octopath Traveler -- 930 minutes

Cadence of Hyrule -- 402 minutes

• Like 3

Xbox One
PUBG: 1,110 minutes

Stardew Valley: 158 minutes

I took advantage of the Game Pass Ultimate deal for $1 (it converted my existing XBL Gold membership, which was paid through April of 2021!), so hopefully there will be some new games popping up here occasionally for me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StormSurge said:

I took advantage of the Game Pass Ultimate deal for $1 (it converted my existing XBL Gold membership, which was paid through April of 2021!), so hopefully there will be some new games popping up here occasionally for me.

I specifically went a got three 1-year passes to convert, as my XBL membership was due to end this week.  Unfortunately(?) they gave me a bonus month with each of the passes, so when I went to enter the third one, it wouldn't let me because it would go beyond three years. So I need to wait a couple months, but I'll be on GPU, as well.

• Like 1

PC

The Long Dark (65 min)

Certainly plan to get back to this game, but I got distracted this week.  I haven't picked up a Switch yet, as I played BotW on WiiU, and I don't do handheld gaming (I had a 3DS for about 3 years before I got rid of it, as it was collecting dust).  Seeing the teaser for BotW2 on the Nintendo E3 direct was the final straw, however, so I'll now be helping the Switch dominate this list more than it already does...

Switch

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (283 min)

Played a bunch of this at my brother's during the Christmas break, so I'm getting some practice in before some of our friends start playing online.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Agamon said:

I specifically went a got three 1-year passes to convert, as my XBL membership was due to end this week.  Unfortunately(?) they gave me a bonus month with each of the passes, so when I went to enter the third one, it wouldn't let me because it would go beyond three years. So I need to wait a couple months, but I'll be on GPU, as well.

I should have done the same thing & bought another year. I'm happy to have it through 4/21. Such a great deal.

3 hours ago, StormSurge said:

Xbox One
PUBG: 1,110 minutes

Stardew Valley: 158 minutes

53 minutes ago, Agamon said:

I guess I don't understand.  I thought the deal was to upgrade for 1 dollar for the first month.  Then it would be $14.99 for every remaining month.  Are you saying that paying 1 dollar upgrades your existing subscription without paying again until it expires?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I guess I don't understand.  I thought the deal was to upgrade for 1 dollar for the first month.  Then it would be $14.99 for every remaining month.  Are you saying that paying 1 dollar upgrades your existing subscription without paying again until it expires?

Right, any existing XBL months on your account get transferred to GPU months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting.  I'm actually in a weird position because I got a 6 month game pass for free.  I then let my XBL subscription lapse . . . That means I can upgrade for the XBL subscription, but it will go through only until September (unless I extend my gamepass longer).  Not sure what to do.  I feel like I am likely to forget to cancel the auto debit and this will cost me $15 in Sept anyway . . .

EDIT - I paid the 1 dollar and then viewed my subscriptions on my Microsoft profile.  It confirmed that I wouldn't be charged 14.99 until 10/20/2019.  I was then able to turn off recurring billing with a few clicks, so no problems and I have both until at least October.  My wife actually has her XBL active for 2 years, so I'm going to upgrade her to Ultimate and then one of us will have gamepass at least until that expires.

• Like 2

We're Switching gears this week, and I've got quite a bit of gaming time to contribute! :D

fu9H9jr.jpg

Ineligible 

Pac-Man (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Sony PlayStation) - 289 minutes

Silpheed (Sega CD) - 82 minutes

Sonic CD (Sega CD) - 259 minutes

Splatterhouse (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 40 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - 180 minutes

DOOM - 500 minutes

Sonic Mania Plus - 245 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,600 minutes (26 hours 40 minutes) [925 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 925 minutes

Sega CD: 341 minutes

Sony PlayStation: 289 minutes

Arcade: 45 minutes

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

Week 24

Top games

1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 1110 min.
2. Octopath Traveller (Switch) - 930 min.
3. Borderlands GOTY (Xbox One) - 847 min.
4. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Xbox) - 784 min.
5. DOOM (Switch) - 500 min.
6. Cadence of Hyrule (Switch) - 402 min.
7. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 384 min.
8. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 283 min.
9. Sonic Mania Plus (Switch) - 245 min.
10. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch) - 180 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 2540 min.
2. Xbox One - 2499 min.
3. Xbox - 784 min.
4. PC - 83 min.

Total 5906 minutes and 13 different games on 4 different systems.

New forum with new editor options, but some of the old times favorites remain the same. Only four systems represented, but a very close call between Switch and Xbox One for the title.

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week (June 17th through 23rd)...

I didn't play any modern games, so I'll post the times I spent on shared e-scooters instead, which are also somewhat modern, but no electronic games...

Uneligible:

Rides on Flash / Circ scooters - 203 min. in 2 sessions... er... standings

Ride on Tier scooter - 18 min.

;-)

• Like 2

GAMES!  Actually played a lot this week... 

PS2

Spryo: Enter the Dragonfly - 23 min (First time I played a Spyro game since they were originally out for the Playstation 1.  Grabbed three PS2 games and one PS1 game out of the free bin at a local thrift store.  They were disc only and all in bad shape.  Hoping maybe a disc resurfacing can save them, but they aren't really super expensive if I have to toss them.  But would like to save them if I could.  This was the one that ran the best.)

Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp - 11 min (The PS2 was really struggling to read this one... had some issues... but it at least came up enough for me to do a few things, but I didn't have the patience to fight it.  If it was in great shape, I'd probably mess around with it longer and have a laugh.  But as it was, it wasn't worth the fight.  I'll still try to see if a resurfacing can fix it.)

(Games picked up that I couldn't get to run, were Crash Bandicoot 2:  Cortex Strikes Back for PS1, and Crash Tag Team Racing for PS2)

XBox 360

The Elder Scrolls V:  Skyrim - 1578 min (This game knows how to suck up time.  This is my third character to start.  I've never "finished" the game.  I've gone slightly different paths with all three, but as usual, I'm ending up a sneaky archer.)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Eltigro said:

GAMES!  Actually played a lot this week... 

PS2

Spryo: Enter the Dragonfly - 23 min (First time I played a Spyro game since they were originally out for the Playstation 1.  Grabbed three PS2 games and one PS1 game out of the free bin at a local thrift store.  They were disc only and all in bad shape.  Hoping maybe a disc resurfacing can save them, but they aren't really super expensive if I have to toss them.  But would like to save them if I could.  This was the one that ran the best.)

Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp - 11 min (The PS2 was really struggling to read this one... had some issues... but it at least came up enough for me to do a few things, but I didn't have the patience to fight it.  If it was in great shape, I'd probably mess around with it longer and have a laugh.  But as it was, it wasn't worth the fight.  I'll still try to see if a resurfacing can fix it.)

(Games picked up that I couldn't get to run, were Crash Bandicoot 2:  Cortex Strikes Back for PS1, and Crash Tag Team Racing for PS2)

XBox 360

The Elder Scrolls V:  Skyrim - 1578 min (This game knows how to suck up time.  This is my third character to start.  I've never "finished" the game.  I've gone slightly different paths with all three, but as usual, I'm ending up a sneaky archer.)

on Skyrim, I'm the same way.  I did do a sword-and-board type build and a melee/magic, but ultimately I prefer hide-and-snipe.  :)  I usually run with a khajiit named 'Mr. Buttons' in honor of Conan O'Brien.

• Like 3

Our XBox One S saw a little more love this week as I'm playing through Horizon 4 and Borderlands: GOTY still.  I'm starting to get burned out on trying to complete Lego challenges in Horizon, so that time is going to taper off for sure.

I worked my way through 'Zombie Island of Dr. Ned', 'Claptrap's Robot Revolution', and have started on the General Knoxx DLC for Borderlands- simply because the gear is better and the stories more engaging than the actual storyline of the game. ;)  Once I finish through this stuff I want to work through the latest BL2 DLC before I pick up BL3. 

On the Switch I've been plugging through Cadence of Hyrule predominantly this week- I have spent more time in it than I think the average player does to finish, but I like to kind of just bang on a game for a while figuring things out rather than progressing in the story.  Octopath has stymied me for a little bit again, so I need to either level or go do someone else's 'story' since I'm getting pasted on Ophilia's Chapter 3. 

My wife started played her copy of Stardew Valley again and mentioned that she would really like someone to play co-op with, so I picked up Stardew Valley yesterday and reacquainted myself with the game.  I spent a good number of hours on the XBox One version, so it wasn't too much of a stretch.  We played a couple of hours co-op last night and it was a lot of fun!  It definitely takes some getting used to if you've played solo, but it sure was nice having help watering your crops/etc.

Switch:

Cadence of Hyrule -- 491 minutes

Stardew Valley -- 275 minutes

XBox One:

Borderlands: GOTY -- 1260 minutes

Forza Horizon 4 -- 304 minutes

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Eltigro said:

I'm ending up a sneaky archer.

10 hours ago, digdugnate said:

ultimately I prefer hide-and-snipe

This strategy is so successful that I think it might be a little too easy.  I especially like it when the bow is enchanted with soul trap.  In Morrowind there is an actual hit roll which can be kind of annoying because you don't know if you end up missing because of the hit roll or because you aren't aiming at the target.  However, because the "sneaky bows" strategy was so much harder to pull off, I ended up having to play the game much differently than Skyrim which was nice.

I did use bows and other thrown weapons a lot, but mostly as a way to go after weaker creatures that were too easy to defeat with my major skills.  Casting "Bound Bow" was pretty useful as it increased my "Marksmanship" and let me hit stuff much easier.  So I found myself wandering around the outdoor areas of Vvardenfell either with a bow equiped or with "Bound Bow" ready to cast.

• Like 3

A good week for gaming this week, but man could I use a new Switch game or two. I've been replaying the same old ones for a while now! :lol: 

Ineligible

Pac-Man (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 10 minutes

Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Sony PlayStation) - 159 minutes

Rolling Thunder (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Rolling Thunder 2 (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Sonic & Knuckles (Sega Genesis) - 231 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - 135 minutes

DOOM - 445 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

990 minutes (16 hours 30 minutes) [580 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 580 minutes

Sega Genesis: 231 minutes

Sony PlayStation: 159 minutes

Arcade: 20 minutes

• Like 4

6 hours ago, wongojack said:

This strategy is so successful that I think it might be a little too easy.  I especially like it when the bow is enchanged with soul trap.  In Morrowind there is an actual hit roll which can be kind of annoying because you don't know if you end up missing because of the hit role or because you aren't aiming at the target.  However, because the "sneaky bows" strategy was so much harder to pull off, I ended up having to play the game much differently than Skyrim which was nice.

I did use bows and other thrown weapons a lot, but mostly as a way to go after weaker creatures that were too easy to defeat with my major skills.  Casting "Bound Bow" was pretty useful as it increased my "Marksmanship" and let me hit stuff much easier.  So I found myself wandering around the outdoor areas of Vvardenfell either with a bow equiped or with "Bound Bow" ready to cast.

My longest played Morrowind character was a mage. I kinda cheezed it because I created a drain health 100hp spell which would one shot most NPCs. lol

• Like 3

Switch

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (899 min)

Making my way through World of Light and unlocking the roster as I go. Starting to do not too bad with Mario, Marth, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Pac-Man.

PC

Civilization VI (478 min)

Started a new Civ game, playing as the Phoenicians/Dido on the new Seven Seas style map. Shooting for a science victory in this one, the map has a lot of mountains, which is good science-y terrain.

• Like 4

Week 25

Top games

1. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360) - 1578 min.
2. Borderlands GOTY (Xbox One) - 1260 min.
3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 899 min.
4. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 511 min.
5. Cadence of Hyrule (Switch) - 491 min.
6. Civilization VI (PC) - 478 min.
7. DOOM (Switch) - 445 min.
8. NHL 19 (Xbox One) - 346 min.
9. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 304 min.
10. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 275 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2478 min.
2. Switch - 2245 min.
3. Xbox 360 - 1578 min.
4. PC - 478 min.
5. PS2 - 34 min.

Total 6813 minutes and 14 different games on 5 different systems.

The fourth instance of Skyrim takes the title and continues the Elder Scrolls dominance, this week mainly over Borderlands GOTY. Stardew Valley is played on two systems of which one occurence enters the top list, and systems wise the Xbox One is almost 4 hours ahead of the Switch.

• Like 5