IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

carlsson

PC

Blast Lander 30

Gunpoint 183

Hotline Miami 150

Orbit XL 32

Pinball Arcade, The 39

Stardew Valley 468

To the Moon 62

Zaccaria Pinball 52

I got confused (just like the rest of humanity) by the Steam Grand Prix, summer sales event and thought that playing Stardew Valley would give me extra points to spend in that silly contest.  It didn't, but my wife and I had fun playing co-op together.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wongojack said:

PC

Blast Lander 30

Gunpoint 183

Hotline Miami 150

Orbit XL 32

Pinball Arcade, The 39

Stardew Valley 468

To the Moon 62

Zaccaria Pinball 52

I got confused (just like the rest of humanity) by the Steam Grand Prix, summer sales event and thought that playing Stardew Valley would give me extra points to spend in that silly contest.  It didn't, but my wife and I had fun playing co-op together.

I was travelling for work this past weekend, so my wife and I played co-op on the Switch (me in the hotel, her at home)- it was a really good way for us to spend time together since it's always hard when I have to travel.  co-op is a lot of fun in Stardew.

• Like 2

I still mixed it up some between XBox One and the Switch, though my XBox time may decrease a little as I'm winding down from my Borderlands playtime.  I just finished all the DLCs for Borderlands and was pecking away at sidequests.  I'm hoping to play the last DLC for Borderlands 2 soon in prep for Borderlands 3 coming out this fall.

I beat Cadence of Hyrule on the Switch, though!  I also picked up 'My Friend Pedro' and spent some time messing with that.   As mentioned above, I also spent a good amount of time playing co-op with my wife both at home and away.

Switch:

Cadence of Hyrule -- 433 minutes

My Friend Pedro -- 460 minutes

Stardew Valley -- 972 minutes

XBox One:

Borderlands: GOTY -- 903 minutes

• Like 3

XB1

Borderlands 2 (81 min)

PC

Civilization VI (447 min)

Switch

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (475 min)

Pretty much a continuation from last week, with some co-op BL2 with my brother (though we had some connection problems that cut it short).

The Civ game as the Phoenicians continues, and even with a new patch that makes scientific and cultural advancement a bit tougher, as usual, I have WWII bombers and tanks in the 15th century and I'm rolling over my neighbors with their cavalry and crossbowmen. And the game is on Emperor level, I guess next game needs to move up to Immortal.  I remember Civs 1 through 5, where I had difficulty playing King, let alone stomping in Emperor.  This game is fun, but there's something not quite right with the balance.

Still unlocking fighters in SSB and making my through World of Light. Those 4 star spirit fights are frustrating. I had a fight as Marth, my secondary main, vs Zero Suit Samus, and I didn't get a hit in because she juggled me the entire match.  I need to get a 4-star enhanceable primary spirit somehow, that might make those fights winable for a not-very-good Smash player, such as myself.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I was travelling for work this past weekend, so my wife and I played co-op on the Switch (me in the hotel, her at home)- it was a really good way for us to spend time together since it's always hard when I have to travel.  co-op is a lot of fun in Stardew.

Yeah, I had only played Stardew Valley for like 2 hours alone.  The game didn't really click with me, but playing in co-op was A LOT more fun.

My biggest complaint about that game is about bedtime.  Seriously, the biggest game mechanic that controls the player is exhaustion and sleep.  Why do I have to go to bed if I am NOT exhausted . . .

Anyway, co-op helps a bit because those situations where it is 10:30am and you are already exhausted and can't do anything else are minimized.  Your partner can help you catch a fish or finish one of the "Wanted" quests.  Much better IMO.

• Like 2

My modern gaming for the week...

XBox 360

Skyrim - 270 min (Played some earlier in the week.  My kids came to visit, so didn't get much time in on this one.  It's a time sink and I didn't want to be stuck in front of the tv playing a game while they're here.)

GameBoy Advance

Legend of Zelda Minish Cap (emulated) - 243 min (Started playing this after hearing good things about it.  I like it so far.  I've just gotten the White Sword if you've played before.  I'm refraining from using a guide or anything and just having fun.  I finally got a different controller to work with the emulators on my computer (XBox One controller has d-pad issues), so hopefully I'll have more fun now.)

Playstation 2

MX Unleashed - 15 min (Dirt bike motocross game.  Not too bad.  Handling can be a bit touchy sometimes and sound is a bit odd...  your motorcycle only seems to make sounds when it is on the ground... I mean, I know you're not on the gas necessarily while ten feet in the air, but it shouldn't be silent.)

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 - 17 min (Got a couple of NFS games at the same time, and now I'm having trouble remembering which one was which.  Pretty sure this one was out on the open road and pretty hard.  Did a free race kind of thing and started off in a yellow Dodge Viper.  Got 8th place out of 8 cars... twice.)

Need For Speed Underground - 14 min (This one seems like it'll be a bit easier.  It's through city streets.  Started off in a yellow Volkwagen Golf (?).  Did the same kind of free race thing for about 6 laps or so.  My son and I passed the controller back and forth both giving it a try.)

SOCOM Combined Assault - 18 min (This was all played by my son.  I'm not really interested in these kinds of games.  I had no idea what he was doing and I don't think he did either.  lol.)

I've been getting a lot of PS2 games from the thrift store lately.  Random type stuff that my girlfriend finds as it comes in (she's the manager) muwahaha!  Anyway, some of them are in pretty rough shape and I can't get to run, but some are pretty decent.  Some of them I might send back with her because, while they might work, I probably won't ever play them.  (Like those SOCOM games.)  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Eltigro said:

My modern gaming for the week...

GameBoy Advance

Legend of Zelda Minish Cap (emulated) - 243 min (Started playing this after hearing good things about it.  I like it so far.  I've just gotten the White Sword if you've played before.  I'm refraining from using a guide or anything and just having fun.  I finally got a different controller to work with the emulators on my computer (XBox One controller has d-pad issues), so hopefully I'll have more fun now.)

I played this more than 10 years ago when it was new-ish.  Really liked it back then.

• Like 3

Ineligible

Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD) - 214 minutes

Nintendo Switch
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - 315 minutes
DOOM - 45 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
574 minutes (9 hours 34 minutes) [360 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Switch: 360 minutes
Sega CD: 214 minutes

• Like 5

Week 26

Top games

1. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 972 min.
2. Borderlands GOTY (Xbox One) - 903 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 751 min.
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 475 min.
5. Stardew Valley (PC) - 468 min.
6. My Friend Pedro (Switch) - 460 min.
7. Civilization VI (PC) - 447 min.
8. Cadence of Hyrule (Switch) - 433 min.
9. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch) - 315 min.
10. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360) - 270 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 2700 min.
2. Xbox One - 1735 min.
3. PC - 1463 min.
4. Xbox 360 - 270 min.
5. GBA - 243 min.
6. PS2 - 64 min.

Total 6475 minutes and 24 different games on 6 different systems.

In an unusually even week, with an unusual number of games, we have a new winner in form of Stardew Valley on the Switch. The same game also ends in 5th place on the PC format, with two Xbox One and another Switch game inbetween, enough for the Switch to take the systems title. If we didn't already know this tracker is modern enough, #6 My Friend Pedro was released on June 20, so on the market for 10 days up until the end of this week.

I'll follow-up with some half-year statistics later on.

• Like 4

Here are the mid-year stats for the modern tracker. Due to I never did any such stats last year, the comparison numbers are randomly picked.

So far in 2019 we have played:

- 184 games (35% of all games listed in the tracker)

- 22 systems

- 159,690 minutes (45% of the all-time stats and 52% more than the equivalent number in the classic tracker)

PUBG leads the list ahead of Breath of the Wild, Morrowind and Skyrim Special Edition. Final Fantasy X-2 on 9th place equals the number of minutes that Kaboom! has been played in the classic tracker, meaning if the two would be combined the modern games quite strongly would dominate the lists.

The top three systems are Switch, Xbox One, PC. The PS4 is at 6th place with 1/9 of the play time the Switch has collected.

Top 100 games so far in 2019

1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 19658 min.
2. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 9733 min.
3. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Xbox) - 9244 min.
4. Skyrim Special Edition (PC) - 8431 min.
5. Octopath Traveller (Switch) - 6810 min.
6. Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 6215 min.
7. Crusader Kings 2 (PC) - 5677 min.
8. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 5243 min.
9. Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) - 4503 min.
10. DOOM (Switch) - 4380 min.

11. Civilization VI (PC) - 4080 min.
12. Call of Duty Black Ops 4 (Xbox One) - 3632 min.
13. Tetris 99 (Switch) - 3377 min.
14. Spider-Man (PS4) - 3150 min.
15. Borderlands GOTY (Xbox One) - 3010 min.
16. Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (Gamecube) - 2306 min.
17. Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch) - 1950 min.
18. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360) - 1848 min.
19. Sonic Mania Plus (Switch) - 1715 min.
20. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) - 1707 min.
21. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - 1634 min.
22. Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 (Xbox One) - 1554 min.
23. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Switch) - 1535 min.
24. Downwell (Switch) - 1480 min.
25. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch) - 1365 min.
26. Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch) - 1335 min.
27. Overcooked (Xbox One) - 1333 min.
28. Cadence of Hyrule (Switch) - 1326 min.
29. Heavy Rain (PS4) - 1305 min.
30. Retro Game Challenge (DS) - 1284 min.
31. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 1247 min.
32. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) - 1037 min.
33. Persona 4 Golden (Vita) - 1002 min.
34. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) - 1000 min.
34. Witness, The (Xbox One) - 1000 min.
36. Night in the Woods (Switch) - 935 min.
37. Mario Kart 8 (Switch) - 905 min.
38. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox) - 895 min.
39. Long Dark, The (PC) - 877 min.
40. Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One) - 873 min.
41. Borderlands 2 (Xbox One) - 868 min.
42. Civilization VI (Switch) - 852 min.
43. Portal Returns (TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition) - 825 min.
44. Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Wii) - 788 min.
45. Halo: Master Chief Collection (Xbox One) - 772 min.
46. Metroid Fusion (GBA) - 742 min.
47. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4) - 728 min.
48. NBA 2K19 (Xbox One) - 715 min.
49. Battle for Wesnoth, The (PC) - 713 min.
50. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 688 min.
51. Diablo 3 (Switch) - 677 min.
52. Fe (Switch) - 670 min.
53. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch) - 630 min.
54. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Xbox One) - 591 min.
55. Gato Robato (Switch) - 589 min.
56. Pianista (Switch) - 582 min.
57. Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) - 543 min.
58. Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA) - 528 min.
59. Ape Out (Switch) - 526 min.
60. Death Squared (Xbox One) - 520 min.
61. Overcooked II (Xbox One) - 518 min.
62. Armello (Xbox One) - 507 min.
63. Peggle 2 (Xbox One) - 476 min.
64. Stardew Valley (PC) - 468 min.
65. An Assassin in Orlandes (PC) - 460 min.
65. My Friend Pedro (Switch) - 460 min.
67. Pitfall the Lost Expedition (Gamecube) - 450 min.
68. Banished (PC) - 420 min.
69. Dead Cells (Switch) - 414 min.
70. Pinball Hall of Fame (Xbox 360) - 381 min.
71. Lego: Harry Potter Collection (Switch) - 367 min.
72. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) - 362 min.
73. NHL 19 (Xbox One) - 346 min.
73. Zaccaria Pinball (PC) - 346 min.
75. Stern Pinball Arcade (Xbox One) - 330 min.
76. New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe U (Switch) - 326 min.
77. Stellaris (PC) - 323 min.
78. God of War (PS4) - 321 min.
79. Gunpoint (PC) - 313 min.
80. Space Dragon Force (WIP) (PC) - 299 min.
81. Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) - 281 min.
82. Marvel Super Hero Squad (Xbox 360) - 274 min.
83. Stardew Valley (Xbox One) - 273 min.
84. Witcher III: Wild Hunt, The (Xbox One) - 255 min.
85. Lode Runner Legacy (Switch) - 253 min.
86. Sonic Advance 2 (GBA) - 251 min.
87. Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA) - 243 min.
88. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (Xbox 360) - 238 min.
89. Pinball FX 2 (PC) - 236 min.
90. Sonic Advance (GBA) - 230 min.
91. Hyper Sentinel (PC) - 228 min.
92. Injustice 2 (Xbox One) - 224 min.
93. Pinball Arcade, The (PC) - 194 min.
94. Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) - 189 min.
95. Call of Duty WW2 (Xbox One) - 181 min.
96. Apex Legends (Xbox One) - 160 min.
97. Celeste (Xbox One) - 150 min.
97. Dirt 4 (PS4) - 150 min.
97. Hotline Miami (PC) - 150 min.
100. Jackbox Party Pack Vol. 3 (PC) - 142 min.

Top systems so far in 2019

1. Switch - 52352 min.
2. Xbox One - 40394 min.
3. PC - 23927 min.
4. PS2 - 10866 min.
5. Xbox - 10188 min.
6. PS4 - 5760 min.
7. GBA - 4239 min.
8. Xbox 360 - 3315 min.
9. Gamecube - 2906 min.
10. DS - 1348 min.

11. Wii - 1045 min.
12. Vita - 1002 min.
13. TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition - 915 min.
14. 3DS - 688 min.
15. Dedicated Handheld - 257 min.
16. Browser based - 190 min.
17. Arcade - 152 min.
18. Sport Vii/Zone - 99 min.
19. PS3 - 20 min.
20. Netflix Interactive - 16 min.
21. Android Phone - 6 min.
22. Gigatron - 5 min.

• Like 5

Thanks carlsson.

I really do play that much PUBG. ?

This shows 890 hours played, but only from September of 2018, when it came out of beta.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/PlayerUnknowns-Battlegrounds/achievements?gamerid=18308

Again, I really enjoy the challenge & it's what my IRL pals like to play together. At a minimum, someone is looking to play five nights a week.

• Like 3

Kind of a weird time to log, but I'm not sure how else to do it:

Air Canada enRoute In-Flight Entertainment System:

Chess - 40 min.

Trivia Tournament - 4 min.

...I mean, it's a game played on a video screen, right?

I wish I knew what OS this was running, but I haven't been able to find hard info, and it's probably a company-specific embedded thing. Which makes sense, given strict safety regulations and all that. For the Chess program, at least, I think I spotted a copyright year in the 2000-2003 range.

Anyway, Chess had three difficulty levels, and I beat the two tougher difficulties with the White pieces, then the toughest one again with the Black pieces. It was a pushover, but that's fine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Started streaming some on Twitch, so I've been working on figuring out my streaming options.  Some is going to be emulation for now, but it looks like I'll be able to stream XBox One pretty much straight from the console (but I'll still put it through the laptop and add some stuff...)

GameBoy Advance

Mario Kart Super Circuit - 15 min (Just did a few races on this.  Think I saw a video talking about it on YouTube recently and figured I'd give it a whirl.  It's decent.  I would have been happy with it back in the day.)

The Legend of Zelda:  The Minish Cap - 797 min (This is the game I've been streaming.  I've only streamed about nine hours of it, the rest was played before I started trying it out.  I'm enjoying it and I'm close to the end, I think.  I have all the items and the last dungeon/castle/whatever is there.  I'm to the point, I think, where I've got some exploring to do and some secrets to find and such, but I think in the next stream or two, I'll beat it.  But since I'm not streaming that often... I do have a real job and other responsibilities... it might be another couple weeks before I finish it. But if/when I do, it'll be only the third Zelda game I've beaten.  All on different consoles.)

Xbox One

Tempest 4000 - 10 min (Tried this out to see if streaming was possible/viable.  I haven't played it much at all since getting it.  Just don't like it as much as Tempest 2000.  I did do better than I had before... especially now that my scores are actually saving to the high score table... they weren't before.)

• Like 4

PC

Stardew Valley 173

To the Moon 1

X360

N+ 24

XOne

Batman Arkham Knight 176

Monster Hunter World 164

I may have had all I need of Stardew Valley for a while.  Its fine, I just don't feel compelled to play it.  Same with Monster Hunter which I tried out this week to get some extra Microsoft Rewards points as part of Gamepass.  I can tell both are great games, but I don't know if they are really for me.

Arkham Knight and To the Moon are probably games I'll be logging more time to in coming weeks.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, wongojack said:

PC

Stardew Valley 173

To the Moon 1

X360

N+ 24

XOne

Batman Arkham Knight 176

Monster Hunter World 164

I may have had all I need of Stardew Valley for a while.  Its fine, I just don't feel compelled to play it.  Same with Monster Hunter which I tried out this week to get some extra Microsoft Rewards points as part of Gamepass.  I can tell both are great games, but I don't know if they are really for me.

Arkham Knight and To the Moon are probably games I'll be logging more time to in coming weeks.

My wife and I played Monster Hunter: World on the XBox and we really tried to get into it, we really did!  It just ended up being a game that was too frustrating for her to grind on and I got tired of it pretty quick.  I think I was a few hunts in?  The graphics and sounds are really nice- I'm middle-aged now and too busy with life to want to play it.  ;)  Now if this game had come out 20 years ago... whole different story!

• Like 2

Still mixing it up with Switch and XBox this week.

I continued to play Stardew Valley with my wife, and I finally bit the bullet and picked of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.  It's the best non-Castlevania 8-bit Castlevania game out there!  I am having some trouble with the Zangetsu fight on Nightmare- hopefully I can eventually get it ;)

On the XBox I started and finished the latest Borderlands 2 DLC: "Commander Lilith and the Battle for Sanctuary"- it's a lot of fun and a little sad in parts.  I also started (another) Mechromancer and have been blasting through the story.  I wrapped up my Borderlands 1 time as well.  Come on Borderlands 3!

Switch:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - 267 minutes

Stardew Valley - 360 minutes

XBox One:

Borderlands - 124 minutes

Borderlands 2 - 903 minutes

• Like 4

PC

Civilization VI (652 min)

Mini Metro (354 min)

Finished the Phoenician game, which was a route, as expected.  I really enjoy the mechanisms of this game, but the AI is terrible compared to older versions of the game. Stop declaring war against me when I can walk all over you...

Mini Metro is a pretty cool puzzle game I got a in a Humble Bundle a couple years ago, where you build transit lines to deliver "people" shapes to their "destination" shapes.

Switch

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (152 min)

Played a bit of multiplayer this weekend with friends. Can hold my own a bit better than last winter with the practice.

XB1

Borderlands 2 (113 min)

A bit more co-op with the bro.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, digdugnate said:

My wife and I played Monster Hunter: World on the XBox and we really tried to get into it, we really did!  It just ended up being a game that was too frustrating for her to grind on and I got tired of it pretty quick.  I think I was a few hunts in?  The graphics and sounds are really nice- I'm middle-aged now and too busy with life to want to play it.  ;)  Now if this game had come out 20 years ago... whole different story!

Right, it was the co-op that attracted me, but I guess there is no local co-op available?  You need two devices and copies of the game, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wongojack said:

Right, it was the co-op that attracted me, but I guess there is no local co-op available?  You need two devices and copies of the game, right?

as far as i know.  i have an older xbox one that could be setup in the bedroom, but we weren't really willing to shell out money for another copy.

• Like 2

Posting way late this week, Monday was a crazy hectic day for me, but it looks like I made it in time to at least get my household's stats for the week added before the week's gaming times get tallied up. Great job on the mid-year too Carlsson! It was neat seeing so many games from my household make the Top 100 for the year thus far. :)

Ineligible

Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD) - 42 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Darkwood - 1,185 minutes

Fox n Forests - 205 minutes

Outlast: Bundle of Terror - 545 minutes

PAW Patrol: On a Roll! - 90 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week 

2,067 minutes (34 hours 27 minutes) [2,025 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Switch: 2,025 minutes
Sega CD: 42 minutes

• Like 4

Week 27

Top games

1. Darkwood (Switch) - 1185 min.
2. Borderlands 2 (Xbox One) - 1016 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 840 min.
4. Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA) - 797 min.
5. Civilization VI (PC) - 652 min.
6. Outlast: Bundle of Terror (Switch) - 545 min.
7. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 360 min.
8. Mini Metro (PC) - 354 min.
9. NHL 19 (Xbox One) - 303 min.
10. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch) - 267 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 2804 min.

2. Xbox One - 2633 min.
3. PC - 1180 min.
4. GBA - 812 min.
5. Air Canada enRoute In-Flight Entertainment System - 44 min.
6. Wii U - 35 min.
7. Xbox 360 - 24 min.

Total 7532 minutes and 24 different games on 7 different systems.

Despite two people reporting times on the same game and system (Borderlands 2 on the Xbox One), the survival horror game Darkwood takes the title this week and leads the Switch to the top of the systems. A good selection of games, and we have our possibly first infotainment system in the tracker. Laugh if you want, but it was played 44 minutes longer than e.g. all modern Sony consoles combined!

• Like 5