IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

carlsson

Week 32

Top games

1. No Man's Sky (PC) - 1758 min.
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) - 1381 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 552 min.
4. Doom 3 (Switch) - 530 min.
5. Gauntlet Dark Legacy (Gamecube) - 327 min.
6. Pandemic: The Board Game (Xbox One) - 323 min.
7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch) - 194 min.
8. Golf Club 2019, The (Xbox One) - 189 min.
9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 176 min.
10. Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - 175 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 2295 min.

2. PC - 1815 min.
3. Xbox One - 1064 min.
4. Gamecube - 329 min.
5. iOS - 176 min.
6. Dedicated Handheld - 18 min.
7. Arcade - 7 min.
7. Wii U - 7 min.
9. Android Phone - 6 min.

Total 5717 minutes and 22 different games on 9 different systems.

Batman has for the moment left the building. Instead it is the nearly exactly three year old No Man's Sky which becomes the most played game this week. A bunch of WIPs fill out the list of games, and a good supply of systems which is topped by the Switch yet again.

• Like 5

My time for the week:

GameCube:
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy - 394 min.

Still hacking away on the Easy difficulty with my wife. This version has the reputation of being incredibly buggy and crash-prone, and we got our first crash the other day, but so far it hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected (knock on wood...).

• Like 4

I spent alot of my free time playing Ion Fury this week. I'm a huge fan of Build engine games (Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, Ect.) so when I heard they were making a new Build engine game in 2019 I knew I just had to have it! And man Ion Fury does not disappoint! It's got awesome weapons and one liners galore. And to top it off the voice of Duke Nukem has returned to voice the main baddie! It's quite amazing what they've managed to squeeze out of the ol' Build engine!

Windows 7

Ion Fury - 535min

KIMG1534.JPG

KIMG1536.JPG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Iwantgames:) said:

I spent alot of my free time playing Ion Fury this week. I'm a huge fan of Build engine games (Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, Ect.) so when I heard they were making a new Build engine game in 2019 I knew I just had to have it! And man Ion Fury does not disappoint! It's got awesome weapons and one liners galore. And to top it off the voice of Duke Nukem has returned to voice the main baddie! It's quite amazing what they've managed to squeeze out of the ol' Build engine!

Windows 7

Ion Fury - 535min

KIMG1534.JPG

KIMG1536.JPG

dude! it looks like they have a Switch port in the works, too.  :)  I'll definitely keep my eyes on this one.

• Like 1

I had a week 'staycation' last week since the kiddos were back in school and there were lots of things to do around the house.  :)  That's not to say I didn't get some quality game time in, though!

I was building some in Dragon Quest Builders 2, I finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, raced in Horizon Chase Turbo, played co-op with my wife on Stardew Valley, and borrowed my son's copy of Doom 2016.

Switch:

Doom 2016 (I don't remember what this game is called on the tracker) -- 1271 minutes

Dragon Quest Builders 2 -- 120 minutes

Horizon Chase Turbo -- 684 minutes

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 -- 705 minutes

Stardew Valley -- 424 minutes

• Like 2

PC

Curse of the Assassin 240

WiiU

NES Remix 55

X360

Rayman Legends 132

XOne

Pandemic the Board Game 43

A bit of variety but some relatively low time from me.  Curse of the Assassin is a Gamebook Adventure which is like an electronic choose your own adventure.  The writing isn't great, but it gets the job done, and my wife likes me to read it to her so that we can make the choices together.  It's a nice alternative to just watching TV or playing games separately but perhaps a stretch to call it co-op gaming.

If my wife logged her time, Pandemic would probably be the #1 game for this week.  She really got into it.  Thanks for the tip on it being included in Gamepass @Agamon

• Like 4

12 hours ago, digdugnate said:

dude! it looks like they have a Switch port in the works, too.  :)  I'll definitely keep my eyes on this one.

Definitely recommend it. It's the game Duke Nukem Forever should have been imo. And it's filled with tons of secrets and Easter eggs. Cool references to other games and old Sci-fi movies :)

• Like 1

PC

No Man's Sky (1358 min)

XB1

Borderlands 2 (134 min)

The update for NMS is a tad buggy, but nothing game breaking and the developers are doing a good job squashing them with updates.  I've both started a new game, as some fundamental things have changed, but I've also continued my original game, and that works fine. Exploring is a lot of fun in this game, and the storyline is interesting, too.

Also still plugging away at BL2 with my brother

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Iwantgames:) said:

Definitely recommend it. It's the game Duke Nukem Forever should have been imo. And it's filled with tons of secrets and Easter eggs. Cool references to other games and old Sci-fi movies :)

I'm pretty pumped after LGR's review. Looks great.

• Like 3

Coming in late yet again this week (my apologies to Carlsson) due to another insanely busy monday, but here's my household's times for the week: 

Ineligible

Alien (Atari 2600) - 22 minutes

Asteroids (Arcade, played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Centipede (Arcade, played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 15 minutes

Doom (PC-DOS, played on Nintendo Switch) - 25 minutes

Doom II (PC-DOS, played on Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Gorf (Atari 2600) - 130 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom 3 - 470 minutes

Horizon Chase Turbo - 10 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

682 minutes (11 hours 22 minutes) [480 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 480 minutes

Atari 2600: 152 minutes

PC-DOS: 30 minutes

Arcade: 20 minutes

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jin said:

Coming in late yet again this week (my apologies to Carlsson) due to another insanely busy monday, but here's my household's times for the week: 

Ineligible

Alien (Atari 2600) - 22 minutes

Asteroids (Arcade, played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Centipede (Arcade, played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 15 minutes

Doom (PC-DOS, played on Nintendo Switch) - 25 minutes

Doom II (PC-DOS, played on Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Gorf (Atari 2600) - 130 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom 3 - 470 minutes

Horizon Chase Turbo - 10 minutes

682 minutes (11 hours 22 minutes) [480 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 480 minutes

Atari 2600: 152 minutes

PC-DOS: 30 minutes

Arcade: 20 minutes

Just 10 minutes on Horizon Chase Turbo?  Son, I am disappoint! hehe

• Like 1

Week 33

Top games

1. No Man's Sky (PC) - 1358 min.
2. DOOM (Switch) - 1271 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 712 min.
4. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch) - 705 min.
5. Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - 694 min.
6. Ion Fury (PC) - 535 min.
7. Doom 3 (Switch) - 470 min.
8. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 424 min.
9. Gauntlet Dark Legacy (Gamecube) - 394 min.
10. Curse of the Assassin (PC) - 240 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3684 min.
2. PC - 2133 min.
3. Xbox One - 933 min.
4. Gamecube - 394 min.
5. iOS - 293 min.
6. Xbox 360 - 132 min.
7. Wii U - 55 min.

Total 7624 minutes and 18 different games on 7 different systems.

No Man's Sky retains the #1 position, though by a smaller margin than last week. Yet again the Switch is the most played system, by a larger margin than last week.

Stats wise, the modern tracker just exceeded 400K minutes of which 205K have been obtained this year and 60K of those come from PUBG.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

Week 33

Top games

1. No Man's Sky (PC) - 1358 min.
2. DOOM (Switch) - 1271 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 712 min.
4. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch) - 705 min.
5. Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - 694 min.
6. Ion Fury (PC) - 535 min.
7. Doom 3 (Switch) - 470 min.
8. Stardew Valley (Switch) - 424 min.
9. Gauntlet Dark Legacy (Gamecube) - 394 min.
10. Curse of the Assassin (PC) - 240 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3684 min.
2. PC - 2133 min.
3. Xbox One - 933 min.
4. Gamecube - 394 min.
5. iOS - 293 min.
6. Xbox 360 - 132 min.
7. Wii U - 55 min.

Total 7624 minutes and 18 different games on 7 different systems.

No Man's Sky retains the #1 position, though by a smaller margin than last week. Yet again the Switch is the most played system, by a larger margin than last week.

Stats wise, the modern tracker just exceeded 400K minutes of which 205K have been obtained this year and 60K of those come from PUBG.

15% of the total time from one game- that's nuts!

My time for the week:

GameCube:
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy - 316 min.

Beat Easy difficulty alongside my wife. At least on this setting, the toughest boss isn't the final one (Garm), or even either of the fights against the second-to-last one (Skorne), but an earlier foe (I think it was the Wraith). The last few boss fights are totally trivial by comparison.

• Like 3

PC

Curse of the Assassin 50

X360

Rayman Legends 337

Toy Soldiers 211

XOne

Pandemic the Board Game 449

I've got just one more of the portrait worlds to play through on Rayman.  I'll probably knock that out this week.

Toy Soldiers is a "classic" from the beginning of the digital download age.  I remember playing a demo when it came out almost a decade ago, but I never bought it.  Somewhere along the way I eventually got a download key for cheap and am finally playing it.

I won a game on the hardest difficulty of Pandemic, but it seems the real challenge is to eradicate all the diseases AND win the game.  My wife still hasn't achieved that feat.

• Like 3

All Switch time this week.  I played through the crazy-long demo for Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition- there is a LOT you can do before it's like 'you should buy the game to continue'.  :)

Rounded out time playing some Rad.. which is Rad!  Also a bit of Horizon Chase Turbo, but not a lot.

Switch:

Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition demo -- 700 minutes

Horizon Chase Turbo -- 153 minutes

Rad -- 1547 minutes

• Like 2

PC

No Man's Sky (686 min)

XB1

Slay the Spire (523 min)

Still playing NMS. Almost to the point I was at in my pre-Beyond game in my new one, in less than half the time because I know things this time around.  Most of the common bugs people were complaining about look to have been taken care of at this point, though I'm still unable to remap my Steam controller touch pad from acting like a thumbstick to acting like a mouse, so I'm using my Xbox controller. I played mouse and keyboard for a while, but dogfighting is tough with that setup.

I picked up Slay the Spire on Steam while it was in Early Access last year. Played about 30 hours before moving on.  I haven't tried it again since it officially released, but it popped up on Game Pass, so I started again on the XB1. Five runs in and I got to the top of the third level, but didn't quite have enough defense to take out the final boss. Not usually big on roguelikes, but I love deck builders and this game is a lot of fun.

• Like 2

It was a somewhat slow but nice week for gaming around here this past week. A little Doom 3, a few new Atari games to play. Good stuff! :D

I12TH5e.jpg

Ineligible (All Atari 2600)

Gremlins - 37 minutes

Frankenstein's Monster - 61 minutes

Millipede Trak-Ball - 15 minutes

Missile Command Trak-Ball - 30 minutes

Shooting Arcade - 109 minutes

Solar Fox - 35 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom 3 - 580 minutes

867 minutes (14 hours 27 minutes) [580 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 580 minutes

Atari 2600: 287 minutes

The primary game that kept me occupied this past week was Doom 3 on the Switch. I had beaten the main game two weeks ago and spent the last week playing through the Resurrection of Evil and Lost Mission expansions, both of which were excellent though I definitely liked Lost Mission the best of the two. I wrapped up the two expansions on Saturday and I'm actually kinda sad they're over, I really enjoyed everything Doom 3 had to offer and I know I'll be back to play it again in the years to come. 

Other than Doom 3 the rest of the games played around here this past week were Atari 2600 games, a couple of which we just got physical copies and the rest were played off the Harmony Encore cartridge. For the physical games both my wife and I played the rather rare horror themed titles Frankenstein's Monster and Gremlins. Of the two Frankenstein's Monster was the big hit, and we both played it a good dozen or so times trying to beat it but neither of us were able to succeed yet. Frankenstein's Monster is definitely a fantastic game that's worth the somewhat high price tag. Gremlins... not so much. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, Gremlins isn't a bad game, it's just not a $30 game in terms of gameplay or uniqueness. If you can find a copy for $10 or so I'd say go for it, but don't pay full price for this one. For the Atari games that were played off the Harmony cart this past week, both the trak-ball hacks of Millipede and Missile Command were fantastic and definitely games I need to buy physical copies of from the AtariAge store and the light gun game Shooting Arcade is one that I absolutely need to get a repro made of. Between the two Atari 2600 light gun games, the Shooting Arcade prototype and Sentinel, Shooting Arcade is by far the better of the two and is still quite a bit of fun to play today.

Lastly for the week, I had a great time playing Solar Fox for the Atari 2600 High Score Club. I had always heard that it was a unique and really fun game but had never played it before, and by golly it sure was both of those things! I don't think I'm terribly good at Solar Fox so I doubt I'll do very well in the HSC this round, but it's still an awful lot of fun to play. Well, I think that about wraps up everything for this week, so until next time—and as always—best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3