IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

carlsson

On 7/14/2019 at 10:35 PM, Eltigro said:

Only one modern game for me this week...

GameBoy Advance

Legend of Zelda:  The Minish Cap - 317 min (Saturday stream.  Got most of the random stuff wrapped up I think...  don't have everything, I'm sure.  Not going for 100% or anything, but I think I'm in pretty good shape for the last dungeon.  Hope to be finishing this game up this Saturday, making it only the third Zelda game I've ever beaten, but we'll see.)

Just curious.  What are the other 2?

• Like 1

Week 34

Top games

1. Rad (Switch) - 1547 min.
2. Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition [demo] (Switch) - 700 min.
3. No Man's Sky (PC) - 686 min.
4. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 633 min.
5. Doom 3 (Switch) - 580 min.
6. Slay the Spire (Xbox One) - 523 min.
7. Pandemic: The Board Game (Xbox One) - 449 min.
8. Rayman Legends (Xbox 360) - 337 min.
9. Gauntlet Dark Legacy (Gamecube) - 316 min.
10. Toy Soldiers (Xbox 360) - 211 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 2980 min.

2. Xbox One - 1657 min.
3. PC - 736 min.
4. Xbox 360 - 548 min.
5. Gamecube - 316 min.
6. iOS - 131 min.
7. PS4 - 120 min.

Total 6488 minutes and 15 different games on 7 different systems.

RADICAL (raa-di-cul) adj. 1) outrageous: "Radical moves, dude!" 2) cool: "It'd be radical if you could cruise the ramp around 5 o'clock."

Ok, so probably Bandai-Namco's game Rad has nothing to do with California Games but it was the first thing that came to my mind. It takes a clear win on first attempt and retains the Switch at the top of systems. Welcome to Galactus who represents the Sony fraction this week.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (August 26th through September 1st) on modern systems...

Android phone:

McDonalds treasure hunt - 2 min.

I played one game of that while on the toilet. Other than that, I didn't play anything this week. I visited my father in the hospital twice, fetching and bringing him things he needed, both from his flat where I also cleaned up the mess he left a bit, and from his car. And I went swimming also because it might be the last hot week for this year, so in September there should be more time for gaming again. But I did manage to sneak in some rides on rented scooters with Lime now letting you ride scooters placed outside of the service area in Vienna. ;-)

• Like 3

iOS

Minecraft 80

X360

Toy Soldiers 350

XOne

Pandemic The Board Game 27

LOL - I played Minecraft "with" my nephew.  He controlled it on his phone while my wife and I offered advice and commentary watching on their big-screen TV.  I included the time in the tracker because we really did interact with him and the decisions he was making quite a bit.  We taught him that blowfish are poisonous ;).

I also finished the main campaign on Toy Soldiers and managed to cure all 4 diseases in Pandemic.

• Like 4

i was just asking since it's Labor Day in the US and I have more time to game today, hehe.  :)  I'm good either way, really, but thought I'd ask.

I'll go ahead and keep it up to this morning in the spirit of the stats.

All Switch, all the time! 

Switch:

Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition demo -- 124 minutes

The 27th of September is getting closer!  I spent a little bit of time playing the demo again- i anticipate taking vacation for when the game releases ;)

Horizon Chase Turbo -- 123 minutes

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order -- 368 minutes

There was a free content update for MUA3, so I unlocked the two characters and have been levelling some different ones.

Rad -- 1007 minutes

I'm not sure what compels me to keep playing Rad since I have yet to finish a run through it after 108 runs- the game to me is crushingly hard, but there's enough that keeps me playing.

• Like 4

PC

No Man's Sky (315 min)

XB1

Slay the Spire (924 min)

Busy long weekend with not much gaming taking place (well not much video gaming, some board gaming happened). A couple of sessions of NMS inserted into a bunch of Slay the Spire.  Winning a lot more in StS than not this week, now that I've gotten used to the meta of the different decks again.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Iwantgames:) said:

Windows 7

Ion Fury - 180min

Not much gaming these last 2 weeks but I squeezed in a few hours

I just got this game last Friday. I love it despite some recent controversy that I will not get into here.

Ion Fury (PC) 82 mins

I would have played more if it would have worked on my laptop, as I was away from home over the weekend. I wasn't expecting a Build engine game to require a 64bit OS but it does. A little ironic considering Build engine games back in the day were 16bit DOS applications.

Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC) 84 mins. Played on my favorite invasion server (a mod where you can build insane weapons and kill monsters to score points that gets insanely difficult as most of the players are level 400+.  Noobs get instagibbed by monsters when they spawn so whenever a new player joins, it's surprising if they stick around for more than 2 mins lol).

• Like 4

I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date! :o

Ineligible

Black Widow (Arcade, played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 60 minutes

Centipede (Arcade, played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 10 minutes

Centipede Trak-Ball (Atari 2600) - 18 minutes

Doom (PC-DOS, played on Nintendo Switch) - 15 minutes

Doom (PlayStation) - 216 minutes

Millipede (Arcade, played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Millipede Trak-Ball (Atari 2600) - 9 minutes

Missile Command Trak-Ball (Atari 2600) - 7 minutes

OutRun (Sega Genesis) - 86 minutes

Samurai Shodown (Sega Genesis) - 66 minutes

Scooby-Doo Mystery (Sega Genesis) - 112 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Horizon Chase Turbo - 245 minutes

Ikaruga - 40 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

889 minutes (14 hours 49 minutes) [285 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 285 minutes

Sega Genesis: 264 minutes

PlayStation: 216 minutes

Arcade: 75 minutes

Atari 2600: 34 minutes

PC-DOS: 15 minutes

• Like 4

Week 35

Top games

1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 1076 min.
2. Rad (Switch) - 1007 min.
3. Slay the Spire (Xbox One) - 924 min.
4. Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - 368 min.
4. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch) - 368 min.
6. Toy Soldiers (Xbox 360) - 350 min.
7. No Man's Sky (PC) - 315 min.
8. Ion Fury (PC) - 262 min.
9. Madden 20 (Xbox One) - 184 min.
10. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 175 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 2302 min.

2. Switch - 1907 min.
3. PC - 661 min.
4. Xbox 360 - 350 min.
5. iOS - 255 min.
6. Gamecube - 80 min.
7. Android Phone - 2 min.

Total 5557 minutes and 18 different games on 7 different systems.

PUBG yet again clears four digits in number of minutes and takes the title, a little over an hour more than Rad. The Xbox One also becomes the most played system, almost like good old times before many of you had embraced the Switch. Also new participant record for the season with 9 people reporting in times, obviously with room for more.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

My 'Modern Gaming' platform of choice is the Switch- even with the impending BL3 coming out for XBox/etc.  I think Borderlands is likely going to wait until December for me.

Up to Thursday, pretty much the only game I played was Rad.  A new update came out for Tetris 99 on Thursday so some time was devoted for this as well.  

Switch:

Rad -- 984 minutes

Tetris 99 -- 630 minutes

• Like 2

Xbox One

Madden 20: 247 minutes

PUBG: 95 minutes

Gears 5: 43 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: 232 minutes

------

Gaming overall is down this week as I had to bring my daughter to college for the first time. Surprisingly, I wasn't an emotional wreck. ?

After struggling FAR worse than normal in PUBG over the past three weeks, I reached my breaking point Monday. I deleted the game from my hard drive. I'd consider adding back to play custom games with just my pals but no more in the general population. It's a shame because I love the game (obviously) but it's readily apparent that I'm just not good enough for it to be enjoyable for me anymore. 

The new Call of Duty looks promising and I'm sure my crew will shift to that soon anyway. Gears 5 is part of Game Pass Ultimate, so even though I haven't played a GoW game since the first one, I'll give it try. I may even have a chance to dig into my ever-growing backlog.

Edited by StormSurge
  • Like 2