IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

carlsson

23 hours ago, digdugnate said:

How is the game?

I'm enjoying it (The Outer Worlds) so far. It most resembles Fallout 3/4/NV, with a dash of Mass Effect and Bioshock (among other games), which are some of my favorite franchises of the past 10+ years.  So it's scratching me where I itch. It's a bit more focused and compact compared to Fallout, though I'm still on the first planet - I'm not sure if it opens up more as you progress.  

Edited by Laner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Week 43

Top games

1. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) - 795 min.

2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Xbox 360) - 697 min.
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC) - 607 min.
4. Borderlands 3 (Xbox One) - 520 min.
5. Looney Tunes: Back in Action (Gamecube) - 496 min.
6. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 448 min.
7. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 422 min.
8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 412 min.
9. XCOM: Enemy Within (PS3) - 294 min.
10. God of War: Chains of Olympus (PS3) - 209 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 1592 min.

2. Switch - 1170 min.
3. Xbox 360 - 697 min.
4. PC - 607 min.
5. Gamecube - 575 min.
6. PS3 - 503 min.
7. iOS - 412 min.
8. GBA - 30 min.

Total 5586 minutes and 17 different games on 8 different systems.

Link's Awakening on the Switch receives two players this week which is enough to take the title ahead of the Xbox 360 game XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Most of the titles have been on the list before, some are new.

Stats wise the tracker exceeds 250K minutes for the year and 450K minutes in total. We're now up to 618 games, and that is after combining various demo and beta versions of upcoming games with the final versions. We're still at 20 participants for this season of which 12 regulars and 8 visitors (counting myself in that figure).

• Like 4

Higher than usual numbers thanks the the majority of my Extra Life marathon coming from XBO games.

Xbox One

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 1,040 minutes

NBA 2K19: 317 minutes

Madden NFL 20: 279 minutes

PUBG: 242 minutes

The Golf Club 2019: 56 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: 466 minutes

• Like 4

PC

Divinity: Original Sin 2 (1524 min)

Well, I was planning on finishing DOS2 and starting Outer Worlds this week, but the end of Divinity wasn't as close as I thought.  I'm definitely close now, but I find that the first 10 hours and last 10 hours of this game are where the toughest fights are, so we'll see.

• Like 2

Week 44

Top games

1. XCOM: Enemy Within (PS3) - 2073 min.

2. Borderlands 3 (Xbox One) - 1596 min.
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC) - 1524 min.
4. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 1040 min.
5. Outer Worlds, The (Xbox One) - 525 min.
6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 466 min.
7. NBA 2K19 (Xbox One) - 317 min.
8. Madden 20 (Xbox One) - 279 min.
9. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 242 min.
10. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) - 93 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 4055 min.

2. PS3 - 2073 min.
3. PC - 1524 min.
4. iOS - 466 min.
5. Switch - 93 min.

Total 8211 minutes and 11 different games on 5 different systems.

Halloween season means Xbox One season! While only five participants had times to report this week, the total is impressive (but no record as we exceeded 10K minutes once). A bit of shuffling of the individual games puts XCOM: Enemy Within in first place with no new entries to the list.

In case anyone was late to the party, add your numbers and I'll include them for next week.

• Like 4

oh wow- I'm not usually the first one to post on the tracker for the week, lol.

like i mentioned on the Classic tracker, it's been kind of a crazy week this past week for gaming- it's easier for me to stream my XBox to my computer while I work at home or grab my Switch for bouts of gaming.  My wife's parents visited this weekend so our living room was mostly air mattress (more XBox streaming).  :D

I'm in a little bit of a lull game-wise for my Switch until Pokemon Sword/Shield come out Friday; I'm one of those guys and pre-ordered the steelbook dual set for my wife and I.  That usually means 'borrow a game from my son that I'm not sure if I'm wanting to buy' time in the meantime.  ;)  This week's choice was 'Civilization VI'.  I picked up 'Senran Kagura Peach Ball' on sale a couple of weeks ago, but more on that in a minute.

Switch:

Civilization VI -- 542 minutes

I spent a good part of Sunday playing through Civilization VI for the Switch.  It plays really well for a console port, I felt like- the controls take a little getting used to if you played the Civ games on the computer, and there were a couple of times where I was like 'I wish I had a mouse'.   However, once you figure out what the buttons do and how the game controls it's pretty intuitive.  Another thing that I think helped me was that you can use the '-' button to turn on the tool tips so you can remind yourself (like me) what the heck the hundred buttons do on the screen, lol.  

Presentation-wise I felt like the game played really well.  Graphics and Sound are what I'd expect, and I haven't noticed the game 'lagging' overly.  I'm in a bit of a learning curve as I'm trying to figure the game itself out, but I think after a few runs I'll be at a good spot.

Rad -- 185 minutes

I almost forgot!  I sunk a few more hours into Rad at bedtime.  I'm still really bad at this diablo-rogue-like, but the latest patch to the game added in some things to make the game a little easier for those of us that suck at it (extra hearts, more damage, no damage from falling, etc).  I like playing it as a un-winder type game at the end of the day.

Senran Kagura Peach Ball -- 1042 minutes (I added in my time from last weekend because I was working up the courage to post it here, lol)

Getting the elephant in the room out of the way right away, lol, 'Senran Kagura Peach Ball' is a pinball game where 'sexy shinobi' have been turned into animals because of 'not hand soap' and the only way to turn them back into humans is to use the 'Peach Ball' in a pinball machine.  I really wish I could spin that in a way where it didn't sound so ridiculous (or perverted, i guess), but there isn't.  'Senran Kagura Peach Ball' is a pinball game with more fan service than you can shake a boob at.

The cool part about having teenage kids, as an aside, is that when they saw me play the game they just both shook their heads and went 'Jesus Christ, Dad.'  Proud Dad moment.  :D  My wife thought the game seemed pretty ridiculous too, lol.

Playing the game, you can earn money to unlock cosmetic stuff (different pinballs, outfits, backgrounds for the tables, etc) to use in the 'dress-up' mode where you pose the models/etc though the cosmetic stuff isn't really my thing.  I'm not even going to go into 'Intimate' mode where you can use a pair of disembodied robot hands to 'massage' the girls- there's no way to make that not sound creepy.

As a pinball game, though, it hits all the right notes with me.  I'm big on graphics and sound for presentation, and big on controls if they're super tight.  The gameplay is great- you can approach it from a traditional 'digital pinball' perspective and try to line up shots and complete the 'missions' in the game, or you can just focus on not letting the ball fall out of play.   There's lots going on in the table, so I found myself doing a little of both to complete the tables.

If I had one (minor) gripe about it it's that the Story Mode is fairly short and there's only two tables with three variations each to play- though I would suppose if you wanted you could run Free Mode and pick options to your heart's content, but it's still going to be pinball in 8-10 minute bursts.

XBox One:

Borderlands 3 -- 1471 minutes

A collective sigh of relief from the audience as I talk about a normal game being played, lol.  Not much to say here- I rolled Zane (the Operative) and have been playing through the campaign with him.  I have him specced where he launches a drone and has a luggable shield; it's a ton of fun!  You have to approach it differently, of course, than the other characters, but so far it's my second favorite next to Fl4k.

The game plays a lot better than when it was released, though I wish there were an option to toggle the seasonal stuff going on right now.  The friggin' ghosts that pop make it really hard for me to just focus on what I want to do in my game.

• Like 3

PS3 

XCOM: Enemy Within 1640

Still just sticking with XCOM until I beat the main campaign on Enemy Within.  I think I'm through all the unique story content that the expansions added and am now just trying to complete the few remaining tasks to finish the main campaign.

• Like 3

No modern gaming in my household once again this week, though we still got a pretty good chuck of Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis time logged for the classic gaming tracker. I am planning on picking up a copy of New Super Lucky's Tale for the Switch this coming week though, so I should have some modern gaming time to contribute next time around. :)

• Like 3

PC

Divinity: Original Sin 2 (741 min)

XB1

Borderlands 2 (154 min)

The Outer Worlds (828 min)

Finished Divinity. Oof, that final fight was a tough one. I also passed on one side quest because it was so ridiculous.  But an excellent game, I want to try running a 1 PC "Lone Wolf" game in the future.

Continued my co-op game of BL2, looks like BL3 is on sale this Black Friday, so I may get it then.

Into the Outer Worlds finally, and it's exactly what I was hoping for. Obsidian definitely took Fallout New Vegas and made an awesome "part 2" with a new IP. Highly recommended!

• Like 4

Week 45

Top games

1. XCOM: Enemy Within (PS3) - 1640 min.

2. Borderlands 3 (Xbox One) - 1471 min.
3. Senran Kagura Peach Ball (Switch) - 1042 min.
4. Outer Worlds, The (Xbox One) - 828 min.
5. Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC) - 741 min.
6. Civilization VI (Switch) - 542 min.
7. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 533 min.
8. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 519 min.
9. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 313 min.
10. Rad (Switch) - 185 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 3285 min.

2. Switch - 1769 min.
3. PS3 - 1640 min.
4. PC - 741 min.
5. iOS - 533 min.

Total 7968 minutes and 11 different games on 5 different systems.

The top duo remains the same as last week - XCOM: Enemy Within ahead of Borderlands 3. We have an interesting newcomer in third place, as described in detail by digdugnate above. Systems wise the Xbox One takes another week with Switch making a comeback after being in the bottom last week.

• Like 3

Rez Infinite (PC) 45 mins
DOOM (2016) 30 mins

My old PC broke a few days ago when I was trying to upgrade it's CPU. All my CPUs I had for it were trashed and the motherboard's socket got all messed up. So I ended up buying a new PC last Friday. 

My new PC is a beast of a machine with an RTX 2080 and Core i7 CPU. It's capable of 4k resolutions but I stuck with using a 1080p monitor that is limited to 60z, even so games look amazing now!

• Like 3

PS3

XCOM: Enemy Within 470

PS4

God of War 89

I made it through to the end of Enemy Within, good stuff.

I don't know about God of War.  The first 90 minutes of story was compelling but the gameplay was mostly dodging boss attacks and the default controls were mapped to use R1 and R2 for the main attacks - weird.  It reminds me A LOT of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.  So much that it makes me wonder which game was designed first and if some of the same people worked on both.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, but something about it doesn't really feel like God of War to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Rez Infinite (PC) 45 mins
DOOM (2016) (PC) 30 mins

My old PC broke a few days ago when I was trying to upgrade it's CPU. All my CPUs I had for it were trashed and the motherboard's socket got all messed up. So I ended up buying a new PC last Friday. 

My new PC is a beast of a machine with an RTX 2080 and Core i7 CPU. It's capable of 4k resolutions but I stuck with using a 1080p monitor that is limited to 60z, even so games look amazing now!

fixed it 

• Like 2

All Switch time this week.  I had some time off of work due to a medical procedure- my wife was chasing after me to take it easy so i relegated myself to the couch.

Switch:

Civilization VI --  1541 minutes

Crypt of the Necrodancer: Switch Edition -- 274 minutes

Pokemon Sword -- 1457 minutes

Senran Kagura Peach Ball -- 128 minutes

• Like 2

PC

HuniePop (1929 min)

XB1

The Outer Worlds (315 min)

DDN's post last week reminded me I also have an unplayed lewd game, lol.  My buddy gifted me a copy of HuniePop last year during the BF sale because he swore it was the best match 3 game he's played.  I thought it looked fairly cringey, and having played Candy Crush every day for a few months years ago, I was pretty much over match 3. He asked me during the summer if I'd played it yet, and I just rolled my eyes. But, I fired it up last week, and turns out we were both right. The game is facepalm-y and cringy during the dating sim parts, but damn, the match three game is addictive.  I played past the dating sim part and into the Alpha Mode game+ where there's 100 games that get more and more difficult, and it's tough to not just do one more match.  So, yeah, never thought I'd spend 30 hours in a week playing a dating sim or a Match 3 game, but here we are. I owe my friend a gift game, haha.

Oh, and I did get some more Outer Worlds in before the other game took over. I'll be back to try and finish that this week.

• Like 3

A little late posting this week, partly on account of having a busy day and partly on account of having a really hard time pulling myself away from New Super Lucky's Tale long enough to post. :lol:

ToHqEEd.jpg

Ineligible

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Sega Genesis) - 201 minutes

Doom II (PC-DOS, played on Nintendo Switch) - 160 minutes

Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo, played on Super Nintendo Classic Edition) - 197 minutes

Super Metroid (Super Nintendo, played on Super Nintendo Classic Edition) - 86 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Super Nintendo, played on Super Nintendo Classic Edition) - 54 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - 85 minutes

New Super Lucky's Tale - 420 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,203 minutes (20 hours 3 minutes) [505 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 505 minutes

Super Nintendo: 337 minutes

Sega Genesis: 201 minutes

PC-DOS: 160 minutes

• Like 3

Week 46

Top games

1. HuniePop (PC) - 1929 min.
2. Civilization VI (Switch) - 1541 min.
3. Pokémon Sword (Switch) - 1457 min.
4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection (iOS) - 538 min.
5. XCOM: Enemy Within (PS3) - 470 min.
6. New Super Lucky's Tale (Switch) - 420 min.
7. Outer Worlds, The (Xbox One) - 315 min.
8. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 301 min.
9. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Xbox One) - 295 min.
10. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 282 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3905 min.

2. PC - 2004 min.
3. Xbox One - 1193 min.
4. iOS - 538 min.
5. PS3 - 470 min.
6. PS4 - 89 min.

Total 8199 minutes and 16 different games on 6 different systems.

The trend with adult oriented games seems to remain. Last week we had the pinball game Senran Kagura Peach Ball which indeed was played this week too but not in the same amount, and this week the tracker is headed by the tile matching dating sim (as worded by Wikipedia) HuniePop. On second place we have Civilization VI with a nice 1541 minutes and Pokémon Sword in third place. When it comes to systems, the roles are reversed as the Switch this week dominates ahead of the PC and Xbox One a bit behind in third.

• Like 3

Here are my times on modern systems for this past week (November 18th through 24th)...

Browser based:

Manyland - 36 min. in 2 sessions

Manyland is a 2D multiplayer game where you get to create your own world made of 16x16 tiles. You can copy existing tiles or create your own which can be used as background, solid or climbable. There are also several extras. The game mechanics are pretty much a Jump and Run game scrolling in all 4 directions. I'm not 100% sure if I'd call it a real game though, since I don't know if there's actually a goal you have to reach.

• Like 2

I got a few new "light" Genesis games in the mail this week, one of which I put a whole lotta hours into until I eventually beat it earlier this evening! For modern gaming I also finished New Super Lucky's Tale with 100% completion! :D

LwWFiCc.jpg

Ineligble

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Super Nintendo, played on Super Nintendo Classic Edition) - 162 minutes

Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar (Sega Genesis) - 409 minutes

Super Metroid (Super Nintendo, played on Super Nintendo Classic Edition) - 199 minutes

Nintendo Switch

New Super Lucky's Tale - 590 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,360 minutes (22 hours 40 minutes) [590 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 590 minutes

Sega Genesis: 409 minutes

Super Nintendo: 361 minutes

• Like 2