Sign in to follow this  
carlsson

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

Only one modern game for me this week...

GameBoy Advance

Legend of Zelda:  The Minish Cap - 317 min (Saturday stream.  Got most of the random stuff wrapped up I think...  don't have everything, I'm sure.  Not going for 100% or anything, but I think I'm in pretty good shape for the last dungeon.  Hope to be finishing this game up this Saturday, making it only the third Zelda game I've ever beaten, but we'll see.)

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 4

PS4

God of War (124 min)

So, I thought I was going to be getting back to GoW after setting it aside a few months ago.  I'm really wishing I hadn't set it aside, I had to relearn how to fight and the things I learned about puzzule solving in this game was lost and I spent more time wandering around scratching my head as to what I need to do then playing anything.  That was frustrating, so I thought I'd get a side game of something else going at the same time....

XB1

My Time at Portia (1704 min)

...and, so much for "side game."  This game is similar to Stardew Valley, except you run a workshop instead of a farm.  And it hooked me the same way SV did back when I played that.  Fun game, not perfect, inventory management is a bit clunky, fighting is fairly simplistic and feels a bit grindy.  But it's certainly addictive.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Agamon said:

PS4

God of War (124 min)

So, I thought I was going to be getting back to GoW after setting it aside a few months ago.  I'm really wishing I hadn't set it aside, I had to relearn how to fight and the things I learned about puzzule solving in this game was lost and I spent more time wandering around scratching my head as to what I need to do then playing anything.  That was frustrating, so I thought I'd get a side game of something else going at the same time....

XB1

My Time at Portia (1704 min)

...and, so much for "side game."  This game is similar to Stardew Valley, except you run a workshop instead of a farm.  And it hooked me the same way SV did back when I played that.  Fun game, not perfect, inventory management is a bit clunky, fighting is fairly simplistic and feels a bit grindy.  But it's certainly addictive.

Wow - I considered playing both of these games this week - coincidence . . .

My wife played a game in Gamepass called Graveyard Keeper which is also similar to Stardew Valley.  If you get bored with Portia, give it a try!

• Like 3

Ineligible

AH-3 Thunderstrike (Sega CD) - 44 minutes

Pac-Man (Arcade, played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 25 minutes

World's Smallest Tiny Arcade: Pac-Man (Dedicated Handheld) - 21 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Darkwood - 1,005 minutes

Fox n Forests - 280 minutes

Outlast II - 155 minutes

Pac-Man Vs. (Played on Namco Museum Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch) - 15 minutes

PAW Patrol: On a Roll! - 60 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,605 minutes (26 hours 45 minutes) [1,515 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 1,515 minutes

Sega CD: 44 minutes

Arcade: 25 minutes

Dedicated Handheld 21 minutes

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wongojack said:

Wow - I considered playing both of these games this week - coincidence . . .

My wife played a game in Gamepass called Graveyard Keeper which is also similar to Stardew Valley.  If you get bored with Portia, give it a try!

My wife has Graveyard Keeper on Steam *and* now the Switch, lol.  She loves it.

Edit:  I'm not going to be able to get my times posted for the previous week- stuff just too crazy at work today.  :(

• Like 2

Week 28

Top games

1. My Time at Portia (Xbox One) - 1704 min.
2. Darkwood (Switch) - 1005 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 696 min.
4. Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA) - 317 min.
5. Fox 'n Forests (Switch) - 280 min.
6. Overcooked II (Xbox One) - 265 min.
7. Batman: Arkham Knight (Xbox One) - 247 min.
8. NHL 19 (Xbox One) - 240 min.
9. Outlast II (Switch) - 155 min.
10. God of War (PS4) - 124 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 3216 min.
2. Switch - 1515 min.
3. GBA - 317 min.
4. PS4 - 124 min.
5. PC - 106 min.
6. Dedicated Handheld - 21 min.

Total 5299 minutes and 15 different games on 6 different systems.

Last week's winner Darkwood is down to 2nd place as My Time at Portia storms into the lead this week. It helps the Xbox One to dominate the systems list. Also I opted to include the World's Smallest Tiny Arcade as a modern game, not knowing if those devices contain a full ROM emulation of the original arcade games or reimplementations. I tried to look it up with limited success.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

Also I opted to include the World's Smallest Tiny Arcade as a modern game, not knowing if those devices contain a full ROM emulation of the original arcade games or reimplementations. I tried to look it up with limited success.

That seems like a reasonable call. As far as I can tell the World's Smallest Tiny Arcade line have their own unique versions of the games on them that are very similar to the arcade originals but run a little slower and more choppy. They're really close to the original arcade versions, but not exact.

• Like 3