IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2019 (Season 12)

carlsson

ATARI 2600:

Asteroids - 9 minutes

Galaxian - 13 minutes

OINK! (for HSC) - 21 minutes

Solar Fox (for High Score Club) - 45 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Pac-Man Collection - 103 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) 7800 Pac-Man Collection video footage, with Ultra Pac-Man

2) 2600 Solar Fox video footage for High Score Club

3) 2600 Asteroids video footage, Game 32 B/B

• Like 5

I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date! :o

Ineligible

Horizon Chase Turbo (Nintendo Switch) - 245 minutes

Ikaruga (Nintendo Switch) - 40 minutes

Arcade

Black Widow (Played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 60 minutes

Centipede (Played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 10 minutes

Millipede (Played on Atari Flashback Classics for Nintendo Switch) - 5 minutes

Atari 2600

Centipede Trak-Ball - 18 minutes

Millipede Trak-Ball - 9 minutes

Missile Command Trak-Ball - 7 minutes

PC-DOS

Doom (Played on Nintendo Switch) - 15 minutes

PlayStation

Doom - 216 minutes

Sega Genesis

OutRun - 86 minutes

Samurai Shodown - 66 minutes

Scooby-Doo Mystery - 112 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

889 minutes (14 hours 49 minutes) [604 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 285 minutes

Sega Genesis: 264 minutes

PlayStation: 216 minutes

Arcade: 75 minutes

Atari 2600: 34 minutes

PC-DOS: 15 minutes

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 35, running from August 26 - September 1. We logged 2943 minutes of eligible play, playing 42 games on a total of 15 systems.

Top 10:

1. Phantasy Star II (Genesis) - 378 min.

2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 344 min.
3. Lode Runner (C64) - 252 min.
4. Doom (PlayStation) - 216 min.
5. Cosmic Fantasy 2 (TG-CD/PC Engine CD) - 180 min.
6. Dragon Quest V (SNES) - 170 min.
7. Mega Man 5 (NES/Famicom) - 153 min.
8. Scooby-Doo Mystery (Genesis) - 112 min.
9. Oink! (Atari 2600) - 111 min.
10. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 103 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 344 min.
2. Lode Runner (C64) - 252 min.
3. Oink! (Atari 2600) - 111 min.
4. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 103 min.
5. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade) - 85 min.
6. Black Widow (Arcade) - 60 min.
7. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 40 min.
8. Crownland (Atari 8-bit) - 37 min.
9. CatChum (CP/M) - 30 min.
10. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 24 min.

Top 10 systems:

1- Genesis (642)
2. Atari 2600 (622)
3. C64 (267)
4. SNES (253)
5. NES/Famicom (240)
6. PlayStation (216)
7. TG-CD/PC Engine CD (180)
8. Arcade (173)
9. Atari 7800 (103)
10. Atari 8-bit (59)

Phantasy Star II and Solar Fox retain their respective top positions on the individual lists. With the help of Scooby-Doo and more, the Genesis takes the system title right in front of the 2600.

Oink! (Atari 2600) reaches 1045 minutes with entitles it membership in the 1000 Minute Club as #383.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Agamon said:

Arcade

Metal Slug X (13 min)

Not much this week, but played a bit of Metal Slug X before heading to a movie this weekend.

I think we usually categorize this as  Neo Geo game.  I noticed it because I've already played this game a little for the current week.

• Like 5

Atari 8-bit:
Blaster - 20 min.
Cohen's Towers - 12 min.
Crownland - 20 min.
Kason's Tower - 3 min.
Rainbow Walker - 22 min.
Tower [Stephen Taylor] - 4 min.
Tower Toppler - 7 min.
Yoomp! - 10 min.

A combination of the previous HSC round that ended earlier today, the new HSC round that begun today plus that I played through of my other favorites to determine which game to hold a high score competition at the upcoming expo we're having in three weeks.

• Like 4

A little testing/gaming this afternoon...

Atari 7800:

One-on-One - 5 minutes

Desert Falcon - 10 minutes

Dark Chambers - 5 minutes

Dig Dug - 8 minutes

Choplifter - 8 minutes

Asteroids - 5 minutes

Joust - 5 minutes

Fight Night - 3 minutes

Donkey Kong - 10 minutes

Tower Toppler - 3 minutes

Food Fight - 7 minutes

Impossible Mission - 2 minutes

• Like 5

My times...   Sometimes I think I've made a mistake in playing three RPGs at the same time... but so far I've been able to keep them under control.  But now I'm eyeballing starting up another couple that I recently downloaded...  lol

TurboGrafx-CD

Cosmic Fantasy 2 - 180 min (Moving along further in this one.  It's a bit annoying when you've worked with a character for a while and figured them out and they suddenly leave your party and a character that left a long time earlier (and is still low level) comes back and now you've got to grind to get them so they aren't dying every battle... but that's what's happened.  This game has some of the least interesting combat ever, but the story so far isn't too bad... if a bit generic...  I'm more interested in seeing the next cutscenes.  They're the highlights of the game for me so far.)

Super Nintendo

Dragon Quest V - 120 min (Only played this one a couple hours...  I made some good progress, got through a volcano, gained access to a ship, and started heading out in the world.  Then got to a dungeon and an enemy attacked first with a spell that paralyzed all of my party.  Instant game over.  No way to defend against it.  Sigh.  Kinda got annoyed and stopped playing.  But, I'll play it more on Tuesday.  Maybe level some more?  Maybe there's some armor or accessory or something that prevents the paralyze status?  Dunno.)

Genesis

Phantasy Star II - 520 min (I played this one for about six hours on Saturday, then another two and a half or so tonight.  Got all four dams opened, and was suddenly attacked by what I thought was a boss, but ended up being a scripted fight kind of thing, taken to a satellite prison, which then crashed into a planet, but I was saved by a pirate first, and then put on another planet...  I had no idea what was going on for a bit.  I finally got to a town and realized that none of the inhabitants could understand me because they're all a different species.  Luckily, I had grabbed what I needed from the spaceport to translate and figure things out...  this game has taken some turns that I wasn't expecting.  Having a ton of fun, though... but there are definitely a couple places where I would have been completely stuck if not for maps and couple hints here and there from other people or walkthroughs.  Still doing a lot of it blind, though.)

Sega-CD

Popful Mail - 45 min (Figured out setting up Sega-CD games on emulation on my laptop and played a bit of this one.  I can definitely see myself playing this one a lot more.  Great voice acting, which is a surprise for a game of this era I think.  And the main character handles great.  Just a beautiful game so far.  I think it's one of the more expensive Sega-CD games and I can see why.)

Playstation

Crash Team Racing - 30 min (Just raced through the first four tracks and crazy weasel boss character thing.  Not sure if I even saved or not when I turned it off.  It plays okay, but seems really slippery.  Doesn't feel like the karts have good traction.  Maybe other characters have better handling, though... I was playing as Crash.)

• Like 4

Times for the week, all Atari 2600 are:

blueprint 16 mins. Fun game for HSC

eggomania 97 mins. Scored 119,590

kaboom 9 mins score of 3955 which is good for me

oink 23 mins for HSC. Good game

pressure cooker 5 mins played on my FB8 for HSC. Not getting how to play. 

Solar Fox 119 mins. Last weeks HSC game.1st place. 

• Like 4

I spent this past weekend playing SNES games through Nintendo Switch Online between working on my honey-do list around the house.  I regard this as 'emulated' through the Switch, though, so I would think that it counts towards the Classic tracker.  :)

I had never played Brawl Brothers before, so that was an interesting playthrough- I couldn't help but feel like it was a low-rent Streets of Rage or Final Fight, though.  I did spend a good amount of time becoming reacquainted with Link to the Past and Mario World- those were the clear time-eaters for me this weekend.

With Link to the Past I'm in the Dark World and cleared out the first (of course) and fourth dungeons.  I prefer doing the Dark World stuff in 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 order because that gets you the Magic Hammer and Titan's Mitt first, which in turn makes it a LOT easier to collect the heart pieces and other upgrades.  Titan's Mitt I feel like lets you get to more places in Dark World more quickly since you're not going the 'long way 'round'. 

Super Mario World is a fun/fairly quick replay- I'm about 1/3 of the way through the levels.  I'm stuck on Ludwig's castle because of the spiked ceiling, but it's just a matter of getting muscle memory back for the stages.  Super Mario World 2 is fun, but not as much fun for me as Mario World- I wish there were an option to 'turn off Baby Mario cry'.

One thing I did find with the SNES stuff on the Switch is that for me input lag on my LCD TV was a problem.  I think @roots.genoa was the one that mentioned that if we were having lag issues to check out the TV settings- once I changed it on the one in our living room, all of a sudden I wasn't missing simple jumps to places. ;)

SNES:

Brawl Brothers -- 6 minutes

Earth Defense Force -- 9 minutes

F-Zero -- 33 minutes

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past -- 1020 minutes

StarFox -- 67 minutes

Stunt Race FX -- 12 minutes

Super Mario Kart -- 17 minutes

Super Mario World -- 539 minutes

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island -- 130 minutes

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was away at a convention all weekend and have been pretty wiped out since I got back last night, so no big writeup post or picture this week, but here's my household's times for the week. :)

Ineligible

Horizon Chase Turbo (Nintendo Switch) - 35 minutes

Atari 2600

Pressure Cooker - 89 minutes

PC-DOS

Doom (played on Nintendo Switch) - 25 minutes

Sega Genesis

Sonic the Hedgehog (played on Genesis 6-Pak) - 245 minutes

Thunder Force III - 136 minutes

Sony PlayStation

Doom - 22 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week