IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2019 (Season 12)

carlsson

Classic times...

Pretty much the same as before... slightly different times, though...

SNES

Dragon Quest V - 161 min (Made it a little further in the story.  Looks like I'm going to be king, but I have to go through some kind of trial first.  I think at the end of my play time I was grinding for some levels... what else is new?  lol)

TurboGrafx-CD

Cosmic Fantasy 2 - 211 min (Advanced the story a good bit on this one.  Got to watch four cut scenes, so you know I made progress.  Started off a bit scary, though...  was trying to find my way around in a dungeon and stumbled into a boss fight I wasn't 100% ready for.  Used up all my magic and health replenishment items during the boss battle, then had to try to get out of the dungeon alive.  Someone in chat (I was streaming this) said that I did a good job of building tension and asked if I had planned it.  lol... No... no I did not.)

Genesis

Phantasy Star II - 369 min (What's sad is, out of all that time...  only about an hour and a half of it was spent actually doing something.  The rest was all spent grinding.  People had warned me that this was a grind heavy game, and I'm seeing it.  Last week, I had gotten to a dungeon, where the enemies on the first couple floors weren't so bad, but I got wiped by some enemies on the floors above that.  So I had to grind.  Anyway, this week, I got through that dungeon just fine... maybe with a little luck from the RNG...  but got everything from the dungeon and found the next.  That next dungeon, on the first floor, just inside the entrance, had those same enemies that I'd had trouble with from the previous dungeon.  So... if it's got the harder enemies on the first floor, the higher floors are gonna be even more difficult.  So it's grinding time again...)

• Like 6

Ineligible

DOOM (Nintendo Switch) - 215 minutes

Sega Genesis

Altered Beast - 115 minutes

Contra: Hard Corps - 34 minutes

Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 371 minutes

Mortal Kombat - 61 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - 195 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

991 minutes (16 hours 31 minutes) [776 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 776 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 215 minutes

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 38, running from September 16 - 22. We logged 3328 minutes of eligible play, playing 29 games on a total of 10 systems.

Top 10:

1. Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation) - 840 min.

2. Sonic 2 & Knuckles [aka Knuckles the Echidna] (Genesis) - 371 min.
3. Phantasy Star II (Genesis) - 369 min.
4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 249 min.
5. Cosmic Fantasy 2 (TG-CD/PC Engine CD) - 211 min.
6. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis) - 195 min.
7. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 176 min.
8. Dragon Quest V (SNES) - 161 min.
9. Adventures of Lolo 2 (NES/Famicom) - 115 min.
9. Altered Beast (Genesis) - 115 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 249 min.
2. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 176 min.
3. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 80 min.
4. H.E.R.O. (Atari 2600) - 69 min.
5. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 40 min.
6. Tower [Stephen Taylor] (Atari 8-bit) - 33 min.
7. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 24 min.
8. Satan's Hollow (Atari 8-bit) - 24 min.
9. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 7800) - 19 min.
10. Commando (Atari 2600) - 16 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Genesis (1145)
2. PlayStation (840)
3. Atari 2600 (560)
4. TG-CD/PC Engine CD (211)
5. SNES (207)
6. NES/Famicom (115)
7. Atari 8-bit (100)
8. Atari 7800 (99)
9. FM Towns (27)
10. C64 (24)

FF8 on the PS1 takes the crown this week. A different Sonic & Knuckles game than last week just edges out Phantasy Star II. On pre-NES, Solar Fox and Kaboom! switch positions from last week, still with Pac-Man Collection in third place. Due to a commissioner error, Ms. Pac-Man for the C64 was misplaced last week which has been fixed in the stats. This week it makes the list, so no doubt about it qualifies as a pre-NES game. On the systems list, it is Genesis on top for another week.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis) becomes #385 on the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1010 minutes.

Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation) breaks the 5000 minute barrier with a total of 5068 minutes, which makes it the third Final Fantasy game to reach those amounts of gameplay. In total 14 games in the series have been tracked, ranging from 25 min (Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest for the Game Boy) to 6102 min (Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation), with an impressive average of 1722 min.

• Like 6

Completely forgot to post this week, yikes! Here are my times from this past week, just for the record, so they can be lumped in with next week's times:

NES:
Mega Man 3 - 200 min.

Mega Man 4 - 266 min.

SNES:
Mega Man 7 - 123 min.

Beat the two NES games, and started work on the SNES entry, which I've never really played before (I'd beaten all six Mega Man NES games at least once each before my recent GameCube-collection-based efforts).

• Like 6

BTW...  I was talking about AA and this thread on my Twitch Stream last night.  The guy I was talking to thought it was a pretty cool idea.  It didn't seem like he was familiar with the site as, at one point, he said he was googling Atariage.  lol  I wonder if he'll start an account and submit some times... probably not, but it'd be cool if he did. 

Thanks to everyone who contributes to these threads (the Classic and the Modern trackers).  The numbers and comments are always a highlight of my week.

• Like 7

Gekioh: Shooting King (PS1) 65 mins. Played this co-op with my cousin and we beat it! That final boss it brutal alone and together we brought it down.
Twinbee 3 (Famicom) 5 mins. The game kept crashing but it's not the game's fault. I really need a real Famicom.
Twinbee (Famicom) 10 mins. This game did not crash and we played to the end of the second stage before we both game overed.
Yum! (homebrew) (Game Boy) 5 mins I appreciate the work that was put in to this by a fellow AtariAge member but I don't think this game is for me.  
It is way more basic than what I've come to expect for Game Boy games, even for an Atari 2600 port to Game Boy. Still I'm happy to have it in my collection.

• Like 4

My times for this week:

NES:
Othello - 140 min.

SNES:
Mega Man 7 - 308 min.

PlayStation:
Mega Man 8 - 7 min. (played via the Mega Man Anniversary Collection; I think this is still emulation)

Beat Mega Man 7, and defeated the CPU on Level 1 difficulty of Othello. (Levels 2+ are another matter...)

• Like 4

Ineligible

DOOM (Nintendo Switch) - 180 minutes

PC-DOS

Doom (Played on Nintendo Switch) - 190 minutes

Sega Genesis

Dragon's Fury - 75 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - 355 minutes

Splatterhouse 2 - 152 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

952 minutes (15 hours 52 minutes) [772 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 582 minutes

PC-DOS: 190 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 180 minutes

• Like 4

A few more games than usual... but not much...  a lot of grinding done this week.

SNES

Dragon Quest V - 177 min (I'm king!   But now my wife is missing.  Got stuck on one part, knew where I was supposed to go, but not how to get there.  I had picked up some winged shoes, thinking they were equipment, but they didn't seem to be equipable.  Finally broke down and looked at a guide and found that I was supposed to use them like an item.  Anyway, progress was made, but it's grinding time again.)

TurboGrafx-CD

Cosmic Fantasy 2 - 226 min (Forging forward...  played almost four hours and no cut scenes this time.  Oh well.  Got stuck again and had to use a walkthrough.  It was one of those things where you just have to make sure you talk to everyone in the town.  I thought I had, but must've missed someone.  Went through and talked to everyone again and finally the story moved forward.  To the point where I think I need to grind some.  This game is kind of just the opposite of Phantasy Star.  In Phantasy Star, the regular encounters are tough and frequent and there are no (or almost no) bosses.  In Cosmic Fantasy, the regular battles are almost nothing to worry about... but the bosses can ring your bell pretty quick.  I barely made it past the last boss, so I probably need to grind some for the next one.)

Genesis

Phantasy Star II - 56 min (Didn't stream this one this week... usually play it on Saturday and I had some adulting to do that day (got a "new" car!), so I just played about an hour of it that evening.  It was all spent grinding.)

Sega CD

Silpheed - 10 min (I wish I had this game...  I was just messing around with it.  It's tough, but I got to the third level or so before game over, so that's not too bad I think.)

Sol-Feace - 10 min (Again, just messing around.  Great looking game, though.)

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 39, running from September 23 - 29. We logged 3276 minutes of eligible play, playing 27 games on a total of 12 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 461 min.

2. Mega Man 7 (SNES) - 431 min.
3. Sonic 3 & Knuckles [aka Complete Version] (Genesis) - 355 min.
4. Mega Man 4 (NES/Famicom) - 266 min.
5. Cosmic Fantasy 2 (TG-CD/PC Engine CD) - 226 min.
6. Mega Man 3 (NES/Famicom) - 200 min.
7. Doom (PC (DOS)) - 190 min.
8. Dragon Quest V (SNES) - 177 min.
9. Splatterhouse 2 (Genesis) - 152 min.
10. Othello (NES/Famicom) - 140 min.

Pre-NES top 7:

1. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 461 min.

2. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 108 min.
3. H.E.R.O. (Atari 2600) - 103 min.
4. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 70 min.
5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 59 min.
6. Bowling (Atari 2600) - 25 min.
7. AtariBlast! (Atari 8-bit) - 4 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. NES/Famicom (687)
2. Atari 2600 (648)
3. Genesis (638)
4. SNES (608)
5. TG-CD/PC Engine CD (226)
6. PC (DOS) (190)
7. Atari 7800 (108)
8. PlayStation (72)
9. C64 (70)
10. Sega CD (20)

In a very post-crash heavy week with plenty of Mega Man, it still is Kaboom! which takes the double. The pre-NES list doesn't fill a top 10 but it is included anyway. The battle for most played systems is unusually even with four systems within 79 minutes, and won by the NES/Famicom.

Splatterhouse 2 (Genesis) becomes #386 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1040 minutes.

• Like 5