IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2019 (Season 12)

carlsson

ATARI 2600:

Bowling (for HSC) - 19 minutes

Front Line (for HSC) - 10 minutes

Kaboom! (for HSC) - 2 minutes

Missile Command (just for fun) - 11 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Crack'ed (for HSC) - 10 minutes

Desert Falcon (for HSC) - 10 minutes

Pac-Man Collection (just for fun) - 45 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) My 2600 Missile Command gameplay footage - Game 16, Difficulty A

2) My 7800 Pac-Man Collection gameplay footage - Pac-Man, Plus OFF, Fast ON, 3 lives to start, KEY and one player

• Like 5

Here are my times for this past week (September 30th through October 6th)...

Arcade:

Ms. Pac-Man - 48 min. in 3 sessions

Commodore 64:

Ms. Pac-Man - 69 min. in 2 sessions

This week I continued to play Ms. Pac-Man on the C-64, but eventually I noticed I didn't get any further, so I selected a higher level until I got to the 3rd intermission ("Junior") which is actually quite short. I did the same thing on the original arcade version by doing the rack test (F1 in MAME) to see more screens, including all intermissions. But with 5 lives, I reached over 50,000 points even without the rack test. I think the arcade version is actually a bit easier than the C-64 one, plus the C-64 one runs at a slightly inconsistent frame rate (it slows down when dots are eaten).

• Like 6

A little less than usual this time around...

TurboGrafx-CD

Cosmic Fantasy 2 - 240 min (I think I'm pretty close to the end.  Going to have to grind more and then figure out my next moves.  But not sure since I'm playing it blind (no walkthrough)... may be a lot more to go, who knows.)

SNES

Dragon Quest V - 234 min (Interesting story this time around...  turned to stone by an enemy, then someone "stole" me thinking I was just a statue, sold to some guy, stood in his yard for years until someone came along and "rescued" me... turns out it was my children who had grown up while I was a statue...  now we're all three going around to find my wife's statue to rescue her, too... we'll see what happens next.)

Need to get back to playing Phantasy Star II.  I've been playing it on my Saturday streams, and I haven't streamed the last two Saturdays because of life.  Hope to get back into it some next week.

• Like 5

Ineligible

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Nintendo Switch) - 350 minutes

PC-DOS
Doom (Played on Nintendo Switch) - 245 minutes

Doom II (played on Nintendo Switch) - 20 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

615 minutes (10 hours 15 minutes) [265 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 350 minutes

PC-DOS: 265 minutes

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

Atari 2600

Kaboom! - 556 minutes

Good enough for 2nd place in the HSC.  I got 112,900 early in the week and then I just lost my focus.

Great score and second place with that competition is excellent. Congrats 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's the summary for Week 40, running from September 30 - October 6. We logged 1933 minutes of eligible play, playing 20 games on a total of 10 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 658 min.

2. Doom (PC (DOS)) - 245 min.
3. Cosmic Fantasy 2 (TG-CD/PC Engine CD) - 240 min.
4. Dragon Quest V (SNES) - 234 min.
5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 188 min.
6. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 69 min.
7. Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 48 min.
8. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 45 min.
9. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 29 min.
10. Bowling (Atari 2600) - 28 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 658 min.

2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 188 min.
3. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 69 min.
4. Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 48 min.
5. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 45 min.
6. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 29 min.
7. Bowling (Atari 2600) - 28 min.
8. Front Line (Atari 2600) - 24 min.
9. Pastfinder (Atari 8-bit) - 17 min.
10. Breakout (Atari 2600) - 16 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (954)
2. PC (DOS) (265)
3. TG-CD/PC Engine CD (240)
4. SNES (234)
5. C64 (69)
6. Atari 7800 (65)
7. Arcade (48)
8. Atari 8-bit (31)
9. NES/Famicom (15)
10. Game Boy (12)

Some times never change, like Kaboom! at the top, partly thanks to being featured in the 2600 HSC. In general a low amount of minutes but at least enough pre-NES games to fill that list, and enough systems to fill that list. No new entries to the 1000 or 5000 minute clubs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Finally got some time in. The 13 yo and I played the following this week...

Atari 2600:

Pitfall - 32 minutes including one full 20 minute game. I don't recall which underground passages to use but scored over 90,000 points so I was pleased.

Ms. Pacman - 8 minutes

Dig Dug - 12 minutes

Draconian - 10 minutes - a great homebrew you should purchase if you haven't already!

Astronomer - 9 minutes

H.E.R.O. - 5 minutes

Atari 5200:

Megamania - 10 minutes

Keystone Kapers - 8 minutes

Pitfall II - 5 minutes

Meteorites - 10 minutes

007 James Bond - 5 minutes

Berzerk - 6 minutes

Blueprint - 5 minutes

Congo Bongo - 4 minutes

Decathlon - 3 minutes

Galaxian - 5 minutes

Gyruss - 8 minutes

Joust - 5 minutes

Jungle Hunt - 3 minutes

Mr. Do's Castle - 4 minutes

Ms. Pacman - 4 minutes

Pole Position - 5 minutes

Popeye - 6 minutes

Q*bert - 5 minutes

Qix - 15 minutes

RealSports Baseball - 5 minutes

River Raid - 8 minutes

Space Dungeon - 4 minutes

Space Invaders - 6 minutes

Star Wars: Death Star Battle - 5 minutes

Star Wars: The Arcade Game - 8 minutes

Super Breakout - 3 minutes

Zone Ranger - 4 minutes

and a host of others that we only confirmed to work but didn't play. The 5200 games were all doubles. I have a bunch of them for sale in the Buy/Sell forum if anyone is interested.

• Like 6

Here are my times for this past week (Oktober 7th through 13th) on classic systems...

oops, seems like I actually didn't play anything this week, be it classic or modern. Rather I played around with visualizations of demand for shared e-scooters in different parts of Vienna, taken from position data from a company which has its API pretty much out in the open... looks like this (actually this picture is combined from the data of one company with the business area of another...):

765986852_KarteHiveDest.thumb.JPG.c6a6b4f09e8cea4a6576359680165cfa.JPG

• Like 6

For this week...

SNES

Dragon Quest V - 160 min (Getting close to the end of this one, I think.  Broke down and looked at a walkthrough, because I didn't want to miss anything important this close to the end.  The walkthrough suggested this point in the game (the point I was currently at by coincidence) to go around and do some other things.  Not sure if it's all required to finish the game or not, but I decided to do them.  One of them was a long boss fight with some demon covered in mustard.  At least that was what he looked like.  But anyway, close to the end, I think.  Possibly the next couple of weeks or so since I'm only playing it one day a week...)

TurboGrafx-CD

Cosmic Fantasy 2 - 72 min (Finished this one up.  The evil Galam is dead!  Unfortunately, so is my beautiful Laura.  But Van, the main hero, is going to become a member of the Cosmic Force or whatever and roam the universe righting wrongs or whatever.  Final verdict, the game is about a 5 or 6 out of ten.  The main thing that drags it down is the battles.  They are just too repetitive and un-interesting.  The enemies never do anything other than basic attacks from what I can tell.  It's almost like they didn't finish the game.  For example, you can get items that cure poison and paralysis, so you'd think that there would be some enemies that would poison or paralyze you.  Nope, never.  Just basic hitting you for damage.  Pros:  Walking speed in towns and dungeons, cut scenes, music.  Cons:  Battles, battle sound effects, story is kinda generic.)

TurboGrafx-16

Bonk's Adventure - 75 min (Played this through to the end.  No continues again.  First time I've done it in emulation.  I've only beaten it on real hardware before.  It's a little harder, partially because of the controller (I'm using a PS2 controller) and partially because of (I believe) lag from emulation.  Anyway, I beat this the same night I finished up Cosmic Fantasy 2, so it was fun to beat two games on stream in one night.)

The Legendary Axe - 20 min (I knew I wasn't going to finish this and was just playing around after CF2 and Bonk.  It's a great game, but also suffers during emulation from input lag.  Makes it a bit more difficult to time stuff than normally...  I wonder if I had never played it on real hardware, if I would have as much trouble with emulation.  I mean, if I was used to that input lag, my timing would be different than it is, and it might be easier.  The world will never know...)

Genesis

Phantasy Star II - 300 min (More progress.  Grinded a good bit for the upcoming dungeons and went through a couple of them with no problem.  Then hit a third one and almost died.  Gotta go grind some more, I guess.  But I also found out that I'm going to have to go back for some items I skipped, thinking I didn't need them.  Peeked at a walkthrough and it looks like they're going to be necessary.  Oh well.  But I am pretty close to the end.  Will probably be able to beat this next stream.  We'll see.)

• Like 4

Stop the presses, I have some Classic time squeezed in.

Arcade:

Dig Dug -- 124 minutes

Pac Man -- 38 minutes

Galaga -- 21 minutes

Galaga 88 -- 15 minutes

Rolling Thunder -- 12 minutes

Arcade classics this weekend!  Surprising no one based on my username, I absolutely love Dig Dug.  I spent a good bit of time reacquainting myself with the game and blowing through a few levels.  Not quite where I'd like to be scorewise, yet, but getting there.  Rolling Thunder is the 'dark horse' of the group this past weekend- maybe I'll spend some more time on it this week.

C64:

Lode Runner -- 67 minutes

My inlaws gifted me an SNES-style controller for my C64 Mini- other than a kind of mushy D-Pad, it works great for my C64 right out of the box!  I got some Lode Runner time in at work to 'test it out'.  I never get sick of this game- even playing the same 15-20 levels over and over.  I could use level skip, but I kind of like just running through the stages by muscle memory- it's comforting.  I have to do some work in my office that's the 'hurry up and wait' kind with deploying AV clients, so I anticipate more C64 time this week, too.

• Like 5

Another relatively slow week around here as I continue to be preoccupied with annoying real life crud and haven't had much time for gaming, but I did manage to get in some Doom II playtime and the misses started a game of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon on the Switch. :)

Ineligible

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Nintendo Switch) - 70 minutes

Nintendo Game Boy

Revenge of the Gator - 31 minutes

PC-DOS

Doom II (played on Nintendo Switch) - 435 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

536 minutes (8 hours 56 minutes) [466 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

PC-DOS: 435 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 70 minutes

Nintendo Game Boy: 31 minutes

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

Arcade

Block Out (102 min)

Galaga (8 min)

Gauntlet (18 min)

Hat Trick (22 min)

NES

Gauntlet (21 min)

Visiting family for the long weekend, so my brother and I got some gaming in. Hat Trick is one of our go-to head-to-head games. Despite having the lead for both 7-game series we played, he won both 4-3. Block Out is another one we play a lot, first to 15 wins. We played two of those he won both of those too, 15-14, and 15-7 (ouch). And he beat me in Galaga and outlasted me in Gauntlet.  I'm glad I can have fun while losing, lol. We played some Gauntlet on his NES to compare it to the arcade. My elf outlasted his warrior there, but Gauntlet isn't all that competitive.

• Like 6