IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2019 (Season 12)

carlsson

My times for the week:

Game Boy:
Navy SEALs - 426 min.
Tetris - 122 min.

Beat Navy SEALs, while in Tetris, I cleared 200k points in Type A, which is enough to get that mode's best ending.

In Type B, after beating Level 9, Height 5 earlier this month (which gets that mode's best ending), I decided to try Level 9-heart (aka Level 19, more or less). I was able to clear Heights 0-3 relatively easily, but Height 4 is extremely difficult, and I'm not sure if I'm capable of beating Height 5. I'm hesitant to say that I've "beaten" Tetris until I can clear those modes, and there are people online who have cleared 9-heart/5, but...

• Like 5

A fairly substantial week for gaming around here this past week, with a couple seasonally appropriate games and a few multiplayer titles as well since I had a friend come over and did some gaming with them one night. :)

Ineligible

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Nintendo Switch) - 40 minutes

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch) - 85 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch) - 165 minutes 

PC-DOS

Doom II (Played on Nintendo Switch) - 100 minutes

Sega Genesis

Bram Stoker's Dracula - 170 minutes

Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude! - 5 minutes

Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition - 83 minutes

Streets of Rage - 95 minutes

Sony PlayStation

Alien Trilogy - 172 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

915 minutes (15 hours 15 minutes) [625 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 353 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 290 minutes

Sony PlayStation: 172 minutes

PC-DOS: 100 minutes

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 43, running from October 21 - 27. We logged 2665 minutes of eligible play, playing 32 games on a total of 15 systems.

Top 10:

1. Navy SEALs (Game Boy) - 426 min.
2. Popful Mail: Magical Fantasy Adventure (Sega CD) - 310 min.
3. Tutankham (Atari 2600) - 245 min.
4. Loom (TG-CD/PC Engine CD) - 240 min.
5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 190 min.
6. Alien Trilogy (PlayStation) - 172 min.
7. Bram Stoker's Dracula (Genesis) - 170 min.
8. Tetris (Game Boy) - 122 min.
9. Doom II (PC (DOS)) - 100 min.
10. Streets of Rage (Genesis) - 95 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Tutankham (Atari 2600) - 245 min.

2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 190 min.
3. Jr. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 88 min.
4. Blue Max (C64) - 60 min.
5. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 43 min.
6. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 39 min.
7. Missile Command (Atari 2600) - 27 min.
8. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 25 min.
9. Frankenstein's Monster (Atari 2600) - 20 min.
10. Halloween (Atari 2600) - 19 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Game Boy (578)
2. Atari 2600 (570)
3. Genesis (403)
4. Sega CD (310)
5. TG-CD/PC Engine CD (240)
6. PlayStation (172)
7. PC (DOS) (100)
8. Arcade (88)
9. Atari 7800 (81)
10. C64 (60)

When the Navy SEALs enter the list, all the other games take a step back, though Popful Mail on the Sega CD (which indeed is counted separately, just like all the other CD extensions for various otherwise cartridge and disk based systems) makes up for a good challenge. The spooky season is about to get here, perhaps best illustrated by Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster and Halloween though perhaps the pre-NES #1 Tutankham also has a bit of a feel to it. No, I won't claim that either of the Pac-Man games are particularly scary even though they contain ghosts. In that case even Doom II fits better. On the systems side, the Game Boy just edges out the Atari 2600.

Streets of Rage (Genesis) becomes member #387 on the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1014 minutes, which means our three latest entries to the club all have been Genesis games, which pulls away from PlayStation and NES/Famicom as the second most frequent system on the list.

Stats on the 1000 Minute Club:

76 games: Atari 2600

38 games: Genesis

34 games: PlayStation

33 games: NES/Famicom

22 games: Arcade

18 games: Atari 7800

17 games: TI-99/4A

14 games: Intellivision

13 games: SNES

12 games: Game Boy

11 games: PC DOS

10 games: Atari 5200

8 games: Dreamcast, N64, PC Windows 95/98

7 games: C64

5 games: Mac OS Classic, Colecovision, Game Boy Color, Atari Jaguar

4 games: Atari 8-bit, Sega CD, Sega Saturn

3 games: MSX2, Neo Geo AES/MVS, Sega 32X

2 games: 3DO, Sega Master System, TG-16/PC Engine

1 game: Amiga, Apple II, Atari Lynx, BBS Door Game, CoCo 1/2, Game Gear, NEC PC-8801, NEC PC-9801, Sega 32X CD, TG-CD/PC Engine CD, Vectrex

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here are my times for this past week (October 28th through November 3rd) on classic systems...

Arcade:

Jr. Pac-Man - 198 min. in 14 sessions

Jungle King - 4 min.,

Atari 2600:

Ms. Pac-Man - 8 min.

I had this week off from work, so I had more time left for gaming, hence the greater minute count. In Jr. Pac-Man, I reached my goal of 50,000 points. Then I threw in a game of Jungle King (that's the version with the Tarzan yell in it) and one of Ms. Pac-Man on the 2600 just for a comparison. The Pac games also happen to have ghosts in them, but I didn't play them because of this, but rather because of the comparison with a scooter dropping algorithm as described last week.

• Like 6

ATARI 2600:

Asteroids - 18 minutes

Pac-Man - 27 minutes

Polaris (for HSC) - 18 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Dark Chambers (for HSC) - 63 minutes

Pac-Man Collection - 11 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) My Pac-Man gameplay footage - Game 1, Difficulty A/A

2) My Dark Chambers gameplay footage, standard skill, for 7800 HSC 2019 Round 5

• Like 6

Had an all Genesis week...  Did two Twitch streams this week.  I tried to do the opposite of everyone else on Halloween.  Instead of playing some spooky themed game like Resident Evil or whatever, I played Sega Club kids games.  With happy cheerful background and fonts with hearts and such.

Genesis

Crystal's Pony Tale - 30 min (As expected, a pretty bland platformer-ish kind of game.  Very minor puzzle solving.  But it was colorful and reasonably well animated.  Thought it was a nice touch that you could customize your pony somewhat, choosing color for mane, tale, and body.)

Ecco Jr - 60 min (Only Ecco game I've ever really played.  Honest.  This was, again, a pretty easy game.  Thought it was neat you could change between three different cetaceans at any time (dolphin, porpoise, and orca).  They had different sounds for when they used their echolocation thing, but other than that, handled and played the same.  I "beat" it.  The reward is that you get to swim around with a couple blue whales for a bit.  Pretty meh as far as rewards go.)

Phantasy Star II - 287 min (I beat it!  Grinded some more...  main character (normally named Rolf, but I named him Ass) was around lvl 38 when I beat it.  Now considering going on to Phantasy Star IV.  Enjoyed the game quite a bit, though.  Lots of grinding, but glad I played through it.)

Richard Scarry Busy Town - 20 min (I've played this one before.  It's kind of a mini-game collection.  There's no real end to some of them... you just decide you're done.  Lots of pretty well done voice samples, though.  Wonder how big this game was, memory-wise.)

The Berenstain Bears Camping Adventure - 17 min (This was a platformer... at least the part I played was.  You can pick where you're going at the beginning.  I picked one of the options and figured I would play it through to the end and try a different one.  But I never finished the first one...  seemed to just go on forever.  And I couldn't figure out a way to quit to try a different one, so I just let my character (Brother Bear) die off.  Because, yeah, you can die in this one.  But when he did, it was game over.  I'd had enough by that point.)

Wacky Worlds - 15 min (This was kind of like a creative game thing.  You pick a scene and can choose different things to put in that scene, but they don't really do much.  You can put a tree in it and then put a bird on the tree, but it just sits there and looks around.  There were characters from other games, such as Tails and Toejam and Earl...  but it didn't keep my interest long.)

• Like 6

A few additions for this list thanks to my Extra Life marathon

Atari 2600

Bowling - 42 minutes

Pitfall! - 26 minutes

Circus Atari - 16 minutes

Warlords - 13 minutes

Asteroids - 12 minutes

Fire Fighter - 10 minutes

River Raid - 8 minutes

Phoenix - 8 minutes

Centipede - 8 minutes

Space Invaders - 6 minutes

Vanguard - 6 minutes

Ms. Pac Man - 5 minutes

Kaboom - 4 minutes

Super Breakout - 3 minutes

Video Pinball - 3 minutes

Millipede - 3 minutes

NES
Legend of Zelda - 38 minutes

Baseball Stars - 37 minutes

Tecmo Super Bowl - 26 minutes

Bases Loaded - 24 minutes

Remote Control - 19 minutes

RBI Baseball - 17 minutes

Metroid - 14 minutes

Tetris - 13 minutes

Top Gun - 9 minutes

Kid Icarus - 8 minutes

• Like 7

No modern gaming this week, but a fair bit of classic gaming time logged thanks largely to the acquisition of a Super Nintendo Classic Edition. :)

PC-DOS

Doom II (Played on Nintendo Switch) - 115 minutes

Sega Genesis

Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude! - 90 minutes

Mortal Kombat II - 50 minutes

Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition - 33 minutes

Sony PlayStation

Alien Trilogy - 41 minutes

Super Nintendo (Played on Super Nintendo Classic Edition)

Star Fox - 28 minutes

Super Castlevania IV - 406 minutes

Super Mario World - 10 minutes

Street Fighter II Turbo - 35 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

768 minutes (12 hours 48 minutes) [768 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Super Nintendo: 479 minutes

Sega Genesis: 133 minutes

PC-DOS: 115 minutes

Sony PlayStation: 41 minutes

• Like 5

On 7/3/2019 at 11:42 PM, cvga said:

Took the day off work and loving the long holiday weekend here in the U.S. The 13 y.o. and I have been playing a bunch of Thunder Castle AND we've started our Final Fantasy II quest with my brother. FF2 is going very well as we've played for nearly 4 hours in the past two nights. I think we've already covered 20-25% of the game although I've read that it's the second easiest in the series. Hopefully this one won't take us 6 months to complete!

Wow, we hadn't played FFII since July 3rd but hadn't given up. Looks like we won't finish quicker than the 6 months I was previously hoping for but we got the party back together Friday night to resume our Final Fantasy II quest.

SNES:

Final Fantasy II - 125 minutes

• Like 6

Here's the summary for Week 44, running from October 28 - November 3. We logged 2988 minutes of eligible play, playing 59 games on a total of 11 systems.

Top 10:

1. Super Castlevania IV (SNES) - 406 min.
2. Phantasy Star II (Genesis) - 287 min.
3. Yogi Bear's Gold Rush (Game Boy) - 200 min.
4. Jr. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 198 min.
5. Final Fantasy II (IV) (SNES) - 125 min.
6. Dig Dug (Arcade) - 124 min.
7. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 121 min.
8. Doom II (PC (DOS)) - 115 min.
9. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 105 min.
10. Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude (Genesis) - 90 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Jr. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 198 min.

2. Dig Dug (Arcade) - 124 min.
3. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 121 min.
4. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 105 min.
5. Lode Runner (C64) - 75 min.
6. Dark Chambers (Atari 7800) - 63 min.
7. Frankenstein's Monster (Atari 2600) - 62 min.
8. Tutankham (Atari 2600) - 56 min.
9. Polaris (Atari 2600) - 43 min.
10. Bowling (Atari 2600) - 42 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. SNES (661)
2. Atari 2600 (614)
3. Genesis (602)
4. Arcade (389)
5. NES/Famicom (205)
6. Game Boy (200)
7. PC (DOS) (115)
8. C64 (75)
9. Atari 7800 (74)
10. PlayStation (41)

It is a little bit of a sequel's week, featuring Super Castlevania IV, Phantasy Star II, Jr. Pac-Man, Final Fantasy II, Doom II etc. There are a few fewer sequels on the pre-NES list which perhaps is apparent considering those would be earlier games or at least earlier systems. On the systems list, it is a three way battle between the SNES, 2600 and Genesis. No new entries to the 1000 Minute Club. Anyone who forgot to post can do so afterwards and I'll include those minutes for next week.

• Like 4

Catching up after a long hiatus.  I'm forgetting a bunch, but here's what I wrote down:

TI-99/4A:

Alpiner (45 minutes)

Henhouse (30 minutes)

Legends (40 minutes)

Mad Marvin's Great Escape (150 minutes)

Par Fore! (120 minutes)

Riding for the Brand (30 minutes)

TI-Rex (30 minutes)

Tunnels of Doom (240 minutes)

Turmoil (90 minutes)

Wizard's Doom (100 minutes)

Classic Mac OS:

Age of Empires 2 (120 minutes)

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (300 minutes)

Harry Potter (sorcerer's Stone) (120 minutes)

Lemmings (20 minutes)

Manhole (20 minutes)

Theldrow (20 minutes)

Nintendo 64:

All Star Baseball 99 (90 minutes)

Cruisin' USA (45 minutes)

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (November 4th through 10th)...

Channel F:

Pac-Man - 9 min.

Colecovision:
Frantic - 23 min.

Looping - 4 min.

Pac-Man - 28 min. in 2 sessions

Steamroller - 74 min. in 3 sessions

After having surpassed 50,000 points in "Jr. Pac-Man" last week, I turned to different games this week... 2 Pac-Man ports on the Colecovision and Channel F and some more Colecovision games... Looping (which I didn't play for long and never even made the 1st level), Frantic and Steamroller which I've all played before. In Frantic, I made the 1st level, and in Steamroller I reached the "Activision patch score" of 35,000 points on, I think, my 3rd attempt.

Actually I was inspired by the relatively good and life-like graphics offered by some of the Intellivision and Colecovision games back in the day. Somehow I dreamed of games that were more complex than they actually were. For instance, there was that mock screenshot of "Smurf" displayed by Coleco on the box and some adverts that showed a screen actually not appearing in the game with the smurf in front of a fence, and it said the smurf had to eat mushrooms or berries to survive, which actually wasn't the case in the game. I imagined how it would be if the smurf could go behind the fence and continue with different screens than if it stayed in front of the fence (and of course, only one way would actually lead to Gargamel's castle!). I imagined how it would be if the player in "Bowling" on the Intellivision could go away from the bowling alley and could go out into the alley in front of it, which in case of one Bowling alley would be Vienna's main alley (Hauptallee), where also "Pitfall" takes place, and actually, according to my findings, there would be demand for some Hive scooters, but none are being put out there. But that's another topic... ;-)

• Like 4

My times for the week:

Game Boy:
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Juggernauts - 134 min.

Tennis - 38 min.

Beat Tennis on the highest difficulty (for the third time), and relearned Bart vs. the Juggernauts, a game I beat back in 2012, in which you can win every challenge and still lose at the end.

• Like 4

Ultimate Doom - PC (DOS) 165 mins
Tempest 2000 - PC (DOS) 25 mins (yes it was also on DOS, never played the Jaguar version).

This was the first time I've ever played Tempest 2000 and I loved it! It took a while getting used to it. Loving the soundtrack as well!

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 4