IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2019 (Season 12)

carlsson

Here are my times for this past week (November 18th through 24th) on classic systems...

Arcade:

Missile Command - 3 min.

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man - 7 min.

Channel F:

Pac-Man - 11 min. in 2 sessions

Commodore 64:

Jr. Pac-Man - 9 min.

This week I only played short sessions of 4 classic games for half an hour in total... mostly variants of Pac-Man. The most unusual of the bunch is probably Jr. Pac-Man on the C-64 which isn't nearly as good as the arcade original. The mazes don't scroll and have been shrinked considerably, being only a bit wider than those on Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man. And it doesn't play particularly well either... I often missed a junction I was meaning to take, and in the end the game just crashed, and I gave up.

In Missile Command, I only played a single game and that was fueled by a certain similarity to a game I'm envisioning. There doesn't seem to be a game anywhere where you play the operator of a scooter company. This would in part be strategy and action... You decide a scooter model and pricing, and then there's a map screen where you set the locations where scooters should be deployed and pulled for charging and maintenance. And this would work similarly to Missile Command in that you click on the locations, and then the delivery van goes to the locations consecutively (and in its speed) and brings out and collects the scooters. Actually, it would also be a bit similar to Dino Eggs. When the van enters the headquarters, you get the number of scooters in the van and their charge and maintenance level and then put them into the depot, on the charger and in the maintenance bay and put freshly charged and repaired scooters in the van to deploy. As I said, such a game doesn't exist yet, neither on the web nor for classic systems.

• Like 4

Times for the week.

Atari 2600

Defender 5 mins

Ladybug 7 mins

Sky Diver for HSC 55 mins

solar Fox 181 mins

spitfire for HSC 59 mins

thunder ground for HSC 23 mins

Tutankham 13 mins 

Played most of the above on new flashback 9 with a sd card. 

NES

mario Bros for HSC 62 mins

all fun. 

• Like 3

ATARI 2600:

Bermuda Triangle - 10 minutes

Sky Diver - 20 minutes

Spitfire Attack - 10 minutes

Thunderground - 26 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Choplifter - 9 minutes

Commando - 10 minutes

All of these games played for High Score Club

EVIDENCE OF THE WEEK: My Thunderground gameplay footage recorded via camera and presented for 2600 NEW HSC Season 9, Week 14/15/16

• Like 4

I got a few new "light" Genesis games in the mail this week, one of which I put a whole lotta hours into until I eventually beat it earlier this evening! :D

LwWFiCc.jpg

Ineligible

New Super Lucky's Tale (Nintendo Switch) - 590 minutes

Sega Genesis

Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar - 409 minutes

Super Nintendo (Played on Super Nintendo Classic Edition)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 162 minutes

Super Metroid - 199 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,360 minutes (22 hours 40 minutes) [770 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Switch: 590 minutes

Sega Genesis: 409 minutes

Super Nintendo: 361 minutes

• Like 4

Missed a week or two...  so here's all those times...

Arcade

MsPac-Man - 5 min (Just played a couple games on a MsPac-Man/Galaga machine in a bar I went to.  It was the speed hacked one, which all of them seem to be these days.  I did okay, but was still only at about a third of the way to the top score.  Oh well.  Still had fun.)

In The Hunt - 20 min (Played via MAME.  Seems really close to the Saturn version.)

Genesis

Phantasy Star III - 330 min (Played this on stream for a while.  I beat it once... about 15 years ago.  I haven't played it since and really don't remember much.  I know it's not one of the more highly regarded PS games, but it's not bad.)

NES

Metal Gear - 60 min (Played this for a while after watching someone play the MSX version.  It was one of the first NES games I ever owned, and I beat it back then.  I remember having a map, but can't remember where the map came from.  Maybe Nintendo Power?)

Playstation

Diablo - 120 min (Another game I played because I saw someone play it online.  Well, the weren't playing this version, but they were playing Diablo.  An interesting game.  Deeper than I originally thought it might be.)

• Like 6

On 11/25/2019 at 8:27 PM, wongojack said:

JETPAC 3 

I presume this is Team Pixelboy's release J.E.T.P.A.C., coded by Nanochess? I found that 5-11under once made JETP4K which was expanded as JetPack! and published by Collectorvision, which makes three homebrew games with nearly the same name...

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

Here's the summary for Week 47, running from November 18 - 24. We logged 2912 minutes of eligible play, playing 56 games on a total of 13 systems.

Top 10:

1. Realms of Antiquity (TI-99/4A) - 690 min.
2. Thunder Force IV / Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar (Genesis) - 409 min.
3. Phantasy Star III (Genesis) - 330 min.
4. Super Metroid (SNES) - 199 min.
5. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 181 min.
6. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - 162 min.
7. Diablo (PlayStation) - 120 min.
8. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 89 min.
9. Sky Diver (Atari 2600) - 84 min.
10. Spitfire Attack (Atari 2600) - 69 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Realms of Antiquity (TI-99/4A) - 690 min.
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 181 min.
3. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 89 min.
4. Sky Diver (Atari 2600) - 84 min.
5. Spitfire Attack (Atari 2600) - 69 min.
6. Thunderground (Atari 2600) - 49 min.
7. Indoor Soccer (TI-99/4A) - 45 min.
8. Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe (ColecoVision) - 24 min.
9. Bermuda Triangle (Atari 2600) - 14 min.
9. Ghost N Zombies (ColecoVision) - 14 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Genesis (739)
2. TI-99/4A (735)
3. Atari 2600 (519)
4. SNES (361)
5. NES/Famicom (137)
6. Atari 8-bit (130)
7. PlayStation (120)
8. ColecoVision (72)
9. Arcade (28)
10. Atari 7800 (26)

Realms of Antiquity on the TI-99/4A remains #1 from last week, and at the same time becomes #390 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1230 minutes in two weeks! Two Genesis games battle for second place where Thunder Force IV, in America known as Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar, is ahead of Phantasy Star III which probably is known under that name in most of the world. These two games also are enough to beat the TI-99/4A by a mere 4 minutes on the systems list.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, carlsson said:

I presume this is Team Pixelboy's release J.E.T.P.A.C., coded by Nanochess? I found that 5-11under once made JETP4K which was expanded as JetPack! and published by Collectorvision, which makes three homebrew games with nearly the same name...

Yes that is correct, Pixelboy's J.E.T.P.A.C,  and I have played those other games as well.  I think I even once logged time for JETP4K in this tracker.

• Like 4

TI-99/4A:

Henhouse (20 minutes)

Micro Pinball II (25 minutes)

Midnight Mason (10 minutes)

Realms of Antiquity (390 minutes)

Riding for the Brand (15 minutes)

TI-REX (10 minutes)

TI Trek (15 minutes)

Classic Mac OS:

Age of Empires 2 (90 minutes)

Barbie Beauty Styler (90 minutes)

Barbie Mermaid Adventure (60 minutes)

Gahan Wilson's Ultimate Haunted House (20)

Holidays bring many people around the computers in my house.  This week we all shared in the fun (though my playtesting time suffered a bit for it)

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (November 25th through December 1st)...

Odyssey^2:

Turtles - 95 min. in 2 sessions

This week the only game I played was "Turtles" on the Odyssey^2. This is probably one of the best arcade ports on the system (given that it's a relatively simple game) and the only one done by Philips / Magnavox under its original name. I reached the 7th floor out of 8, with the layout of the first 4 floors being relatively similar to the arcade original, but floors 5-8 differing considerably from it with dead ends and other nasty parts, so that you have to devise a different strategy to complete those stages.

• Like 4

Not a whole lot this week.  Haven't been streaming much because we're trying to sell the house and move and such.  Already got a new job in the Dallas area, and once we get up there and settled in, my times should climb again.  Until then, just messing around with a game here and there.

TurboGrafx-16/PCE

Daisenpu (Twin Hawk) - 10 min (This is one I keep coming back to and never get any better at.  I need to make a more concentrated effort on it some day.)

Gradius - 15 min (Played "speed runner style" lol.  I reset every time I died.  Wanted to see how far I could get on one man.  Got to the third level once before I quit.)

KyuuKyoku Tiger (Twin Cobra) - 5 min (Very similar to Daisenpu, but I don't know that I like it as much.  Haven't played it as much I know that.)

Genesis/Mega Drive

Twin Hawk - 5 min (Played for a bit to compare to the TurboGrafx version.  The Genesis version has a border along the right with game information (the TG version is full screen) and has slightly smaller sprites but they seem to play the same.  There are other differences...  the TurboGrafx has a silent title screen while the Genesis has a crashing sound when the game's title comes on the screen...  the Genesis demo mode is silent while the TurboGrafx one has sound...  they're really pretty close I think.)

Valis - 45 min (I wasn't a fan of the control in this one...  seemed to move too slow.  Also seemed to be some cheap hits that are annoying.  But I think I ended up playing this more than any other game this week.  Go figure.)

• Like 4

Override (PC Engine) 40 mins
Coryoon: Child of Dragon (15 mins)
1943 Kai (PC Engine) 45 mins
Sorcer Striker (arcade) 50 mins
Aleste (Sega Master System) 15 mins
Power Strike 2 (Sega Master System) 25 mins
Smash TV (arcade) 65 mins Played to the end... a real quarter eater if I was playing a real machine (I was not).
Hotdog Storm (arcade) 55 mins
Dragon Blaze (arcade) 40 mins

On the arcade shmups played each for the first loop. 

• Like 4

Times for the week all Atari 2600

asteroids 8 mins

asteroids deluxe 4 mins

bermuda Triangle 8 mins HSC 

defender 6 mins 

lady bug 12 mins

pepsi invaders 37 mins

polaris 8 mins

squish em 146 mins

spitfire 3 mins HSC 

solar Fox 155 mins

thunderground 101 mins HSC 

all fun

• Like 3

This week we played a fair bit of Super Nintendo, with me working on Super Metroid and the misses revisiting The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It's been a lot of fun playing SNES lately, though it might be a little bit before I get back to Super Metroid since I picked up copies of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey for the Switch from Target when they were on sale for $30 each on Black Friday. I scored a couple new games for my Genesis collection as well, though I haven't quite gotten around to playing them yet.

VGatZ45.jpg

Ineligible

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch) - 310 minutes

Super Nintendo (Played on Super Nintendo Classic Edition)

Super Metroid - 578 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 218 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,106 minutes (796 minutes eligible)

Individual System Play Times This Week

Super Nintendo: 796 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 310 minutes

After sinking about 6 hours into Breath of the Wild I'm starting to think that it might be not only my favorite Zelda game, but one of the finest games I've ever played period. I can easily see this game consuming 100 to 200 hours of my life, and I'm not complaining about that one bit! :D

• Like 4

On 12/1/2019 at 8:35 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Override (PC Engine) 40 mins
Coryoon: Child of Dragon (15 mins)
1943 Kai (PC Engine) 45 mins
Sorcer Striker (arcade) 50 mins
Aleste (Sega Master System) 15 mins
Power Strike 2 (Sega Master System) 25 mins
Smash TV (arcade) 65 mins Played to the end... a real quarter eater if I was playing a real machine (I was not).
Hotdog Storm (arcade) 55 mins
Dragon Blaze (arcade) 40 mins

On the arcade shmups played each for the first loop. 

Coryoon: Child of Dragon was on PC Engine...sorry I forgot to mention that...

• Like 3

Here's the summary for Week 48, running from November 25 - December 1. We logged 3147 minutes of eligible play, playing 46 games on a total of 10 systems.

Top 10:

1. Super Metroid (SNES) - 578 min.
2. Realms of Antiquity (TI-99/4A) - 390 min.
3. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - 218 min.
4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 155 min.
5. Donald Duck no Mahou no Boushi (Donald Duck and the Magical Hat) (SNES) - 149 min.
6. Squish 'em (Atari 2600) - 146 min.
7. Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis) - 124 min.
8. Thunderground (Atari 2600) - 114 min.
9. Turtles (Odyssey^2) - 95 min.
10. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 92 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Realms of Antiquity (TI-99/4A) - 390 min.
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 155 min.
3. Squish 'em (Atari 2600) - 146 min.
4. Thunderground (Atari 2600) - 114 min.
5. Turtles (Odyssey^2) - 95 min.
6. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 92 min.
7. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 75 min.
8. Pepsi Invaders/Coke Wins (Atari 2600) - 37 min.
9. Sky Diver (Atari 2600) - 34 min.
10. Spitfire Attack (Atari 2600) - 28 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. SNES (945)
2. Atari 2600 (637)
3. TI-99/4A (485)
4. Mac OS Classic (260)
5. Genesis (236)
6. Arcade (227)
7. TG-16/PC Engine (130)
8. Odyssey^2 (95)
9. Atari 7800 (92)
10. Sega Master System (40)

It is a Super Nintendo week as the system dominates the system chart and individually holds places 1, 3, 5 with Super Metroid, A Link to the Past and Donald Duck and the Magical Hat. Pre-NES wise, Realms of Antiquity again becomes the most played game. No new entries to the 1000 or 5000 Minute Clubs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1