IGNORED

CollectorVision Intelligent Club 2019

And really good reasons for some thats for sure.

It still doesnt change that

It has become a Producer of goods/homebrews selling to Producers of Goods/Homebrews ... Just exchanging money and products to each other.. (or people of wealth..)

Cheers and looking forward to many more games to choose from.

I'm not sure I understand this comment. To me this is a game that has been made available for sale for anyone to buy that comes with some other benefits, including ROM's, which seem to be a constant request (mind you most people seem to want them for free).

There will be a minimum 100 available, possibly more, which I can say with almost certainty, should cover every single Inty fan here who wants to purchase this. Now some folks may not like the price which I can understand, however producing homebrews is very expensive which seems to be ignored every single time someone complains about something homebrew related.

J-F and Toby have chosen to try this route to hopefully help fund future games as they didn't have a bucketload of cash just lying around to self fund their endeavours. I fail to see how this is something to be frowned upon. There is nothing secret or underhanded about it so is the issue simply about cost? If so, I see the concern but to imply misdeeds based on any other measure just doesn't hold water to me. My 2 cents. Now, having said that, I sure hope the game is really cool, as I had to pimp Rev out more than usual to raise funds. Pimpin' ain't easy. ?

• Like 4

Collectorvision has previously promised rom files for free once the cartridges sell out. It's really up to the programmer.

Fair comment although plans change I imagine and by my calculations they're about $1 each depending on what value you want to assign to the new game. Not free, but pretty close to it.

As for the contracts made with programmers I can say for certain with some publishers that there are some games where there was an agreement that the programmer could sell the ROMs once the game had sold out and others where the publisher retained the rights.

Either way I hope folks are happy they'll get to play all these Inty and CV games that they might not otherwise be able to afford CIB. This is a great way for Inty fans who don't collect for the CV to get into it for a fairly cheap price.

• Like 2

No it's a guess. Without an agreement the code remains with the programmer. I know of a couple of games that's for sale at the programmers' site.

sure, Super Minefield (Collectorvision) and Jawcrusher (Intellivision Revolution). Also Ms Pac-Man and various Donkey Kongs (Intelligentvision and Elektronite). What else? Hotel Bunny (Intellivision Revolution), perhaps?

I'm not sure I understand this comment. To me this is a game that has been made available for sale for anyone to buy that comes with some other benefits, including ROM's, which seem to be a constant request (mind you most people seem to want them for free).

There will be a minimum 100 available, possibly more, which I can say with almost certainty, should cover every single Inty fan here who wants to purchase this. Now some folks may not like the price which I can understand, however producing homebrews is very expensive which seems to be ignored every single time someone complains about something homebrew related.

J-F and Toby have chosen to try this route to hopefully help fund future games as they didn't have a bucketload of cash just lying around to self fund their endeavours. I fail to see how this is something to be frowned upon. There is nothing secret or underhanded about it so is the issue simply about cost? If so, I see the concern but to imply misdeeds based on any other measure just doesn't hold water to me. My 2 cents. Now, having said that, I sure hope the game is really cool, as I had to pimp Rev out more than usual to raise funds. Pimpin' ain't easy.

"but to imply misdeeds based on any other measure just doesn't hold water to me. My 2 cents."

I don't get where you get this from my comment..

Take my comment anyway you want.. but by you just quoting this(my) comment enforces what It"s stating even more..

Cheers and lets enjoy all the more choices we have to choose from..

Edited by m-crew

sure, Super Minefield (Collectorvision) and Jawcrusher (Intellivision Revolution). Also Ms Pac-Man and various Donkey Kongs (Intelligentvision and Elektronite). What else? Hotel Bunny (Intellivision Revolution), perhaps?

Nanochess has quite a few games representing various platforms & publishers for sale and as downloads on his website: www.nanochess.org

• Like 3

I'm not sure that I'll ever do pre-orders anymore. Too much can go wrong and it hurt the trust of this community when it's happened before. This is NOT to be construed as a negative against CollectorVision who has done great work, I'd just rather not go down that rabbit hole again.

I also usually won't order a mystery game. I'm glad that I didn't jump in on Rev's mystery game as the game ended up being one that I wouldn't have enjoyed owning. If the game was announced, and it was one that I really wanted, it might supersede my fear above.

That said, I wish you luck with the program, and I hope that you continue producing great games for the system that I love.

Edited by Fushek
  • Like 3

I'm not sure that I'll ever do pre-orders anymore. Too much can go wrong and it hurt the trust of this community when it's happened before. This is NOT to be construed as a negative against CollectorVision who has done great work, I'd just rather not go down that rabbit hole again.

I also usually won't order a mystery game. I'm glad that I didn't jump in on Rev's mystery game as the game ended up being one that I wouldn't have enjoyed owning. If the game was announced, and it was one that I really wanted, it might supersede my fear above.

That said, I wish you luck with the program, and I hope that you continue producing great games for the system that I love.

I can understand that

The game is an arcade conversion wich was never released (obviously) on INtv ....and wich should have been

• Like 1

Does that mean if you don't sell 100 memberships, the club folds and everyone gets refunds?

What happens if you extend membership beyond 100?

It really doesn't look like we're not going to sell all 100 memberships, we already have a bunch sold

Although, if it's not successful as we thought, we might cancel the club for next year

I don't think we'll pass more than 100 members

• Like 1