IGNORED

CollectorVision Intelligent Club 2019

I just wish all these rules would have been identified upfront clearly and transparently. Here I am 4 months into the year and after payment, still no clarity on what It is I purchased. Only questions, no concrete answers.

The information in Swami's post that you quoted above is on the first page of this very thread. Not sure why you'd spend $150 on something without knowing what you're getting in return. That's on you.

It was not clear or even mentioned intv vault was going to be accessed by cv members For free. I paid both clubs.

Also, can you tell me what are the additional roms for being a member of both clubs????. I am sure you are not going to be as fast to respond anymore......I am unhappy becuase I paid for both clubs and I cannot see the extra value.......

As mentioned, both Club have their own exlusive game ($75 value each) and the rom vault ($75 value)

Plus their own exclusive bonus/offers

Astro Invader is included. Sydney Hunter and the shrines of peril and Moonsweeper is missing. Maybe Sydney Hunter and the sacred tribe should be included too, for the guys who don't find the download link.

From this roms, I already owned:

BC's quest of tires (was given away for free at some point)

Flappee Bird (was given away for free at some point)

Princess Quest (bought from Nanochess)

Space Raid (bought from Nanochess)

Super Mine-Field (bought by Claus Baekkel - I think his version is updated)

Sydney Hunter and the sacred tribe (was given away for free at some point)

Looking forward to the Colecovision games. :)

I had 55 of the ColecoVision roms in cart or rom form, so should be about 20 new ones, but I also got about 40 emulator-friendly roms with it, so I can travel with them on my laptop. And seems like even 20 roms, 30 with the Inty ones, for about $75-$85 is still a really good deal, like $3/$4 a rom.
  • Like 1

Guys, I was one of the first supporters of both clubs back in December or January. Thanks to your replies, I now see my problem. I overpaid or was overcharged for the content I will receive, vault and games. My case is different than yours, please do not pre-judge. I was just truly trying to understand the content. I am sure my specific issue will be addressed by the club fairly once they review my account.

Guys, I was one of the first supporters of both clubs back in December or January. Thanks to your replies, I now see my problem. I overpaid or was overcharged for the content I will receive, vault and games. My case is different than yours, please do not pre-judge. I was just truly trying to understand the content. I am sure my specific issue will be addressed by the club fairly once they review my account.

I hope you didn't think I was making a reference to your comments. I'm actually on the fence about joining both clubs because I prefer the MAME version of the actual arcade games to console ports, unless there is a lot unique about it, like the extra Miner 2049 levels or it plays smoother than a clunky game like arcade Spelunker. I think I am in the minority about that, though. I like the ColecoVision port of centipede because it has some cool animation variations. Junkwall was a great variation on the Kaboom theme. If I join, it would likely be to support add-ons to the Phoenix and get the mysterious bonus items for the INTY group.

Not at all, I know you from way back.

I believe this is a welcoming retrogaming community, where most of us come to have fun and share our hobbies. I apologize if offended anyone unintentionally or my inquiries sounded as unwelcome complaining. I paid $275, I have received the same games as you have. Hopefully you can see the difference now. I will address my situation with the club mgrs. privately. Thanks a lot to all. !

Not at all, I know you from way back.

I believe this is a welcoming retrogaming community, where most of us come to have fun and share our hobbies. I apologize if offended anyone unintentionally or my inquiries sounded as unwelcome complaining. I paid $275, I have received the same games as you have. Hopefully you can see the difference now. I will address my situation with the club mgrs. privately. Thanks a lot to all. !

You didn't overpaid, it was all written in the first post (for both club)

Maybe you just didn't read it all ?

You're not the only one who paid for both Club, yet you're the only one complaining

Both Club have their advantages, offers and exclusive games

Rom archive update will only be available for each Club (INtv, and CV updates)

BTW: I've answered your PM

Your timing in delivering your promises, vault and communication have not been great.

It was probably my mistake in joining both clubs very early on before knowing/understanding both vaults(cv/intv) would become available for $150 to single membership. I have admitted it..

Let us leave it here, it is settled. No need for any further action.

I will be expecting the exclusive vault updates, special secret great games and lots extras (?) whatever they are. Hopefully before the annual membership expires

Let us move on.

I (we) don't always read everything here on AtariAge, so the best way still remain to contact us by email if you have any questions or concerns.

I sent a couple of emails on April 8, but I haven't heard back yet. My questions were:

1) Are there manuals available for the ROMs in the vault?

2) Where is Sydney Hunter Shrines of Peril, since (as others have pointed out here), the file "Sydney Hunter Shrines of peril .rom" actually contains Astro Invader?

Edited by ppelleti

I sent a couple of emails on April 8, but I haven't heard back yet. My questions were:

1) Are there manuals available for the ROMs in the vault?

2) Where is Sydney Hunter Shrines of Peril, since (as others have pointed out here), the file "Sydney Hunter Shrines of peril .rom" actually contains Astro Invader?

1- Yeah, I think that's something we could add

2- It's definitely a mistake, you were not supposed to have Astro Invaders, so yeah.. Shrines of Peril is going to be added

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I never got them either.

I just canceled my order thru paypal.

Coming up on the sixth month i decided i was going to cancel if i did not at least have the coleco roms pack as promised.

If something that easy cant be done even close to timely i cant risk holding out that phisical items will be done within any acceptable time frame.

I am 100% done with any prepay pre orders from anyone for anything.

Pre order with no payment...fine.

Pay when product is ready....fine.

Thats it.

• Like 2

I think I have something to say here...

You guys paid to have a membership! A year membership that will give you an exclusive game that no one can buy except you.

you also got a $10 discount to buy another game. as a bonus we decided to include a our Rom files for each Clubs.

You guys know us well enough to know how many games we made either for colecovision or intellivision, so really, you already knew how many roms were included.

Some people paid to be in the Colecovision club, some others paid to be in the Intellivision club AND many people paid to be in both Clubs!

It was never a question to give everyone access to both rom vaults. We need to be fair with everyone, maybe there was a misunderstood somewhere.

Again, Rom vault were a bonus for been a member, Its really sad, since the beginning we had many ideas many thing we wanted do but seeing you guys reaction here, it is so disappointing.

I know that whatever we do we'll never going to make everyone happy. We also told everyone that the secret game will be shipped this summer! Summer is from June 21st to September 23rd!

I would totally understand you guys reaction if your membership would be expired... But you can at least give us a chance.

Did you know that for most of us we have a day job where we work 40-60 hours a week? we also have a family? and on top of that we enjoy retro gaming uncluding making new games for the older consoles!

Our goal is to keep those systems alive. You guys can't really see it, but all the time we are spending on our Hobby is done because we love it.

All that to say when you signed up for a membership, you didn't just paid to have a new games. You actually helping us keeping this community alive! Helping us creating new projects like the Phoenix and many other games.

ALL the money gets reinvested in future projects. There is so many projects to come.

I also know that some of you will read this and will probably have something to say. Atariage is far from been what it was 5 years ago. I post here less and less. Anyway, I said what I had to say...

• Like 2