IGNORED

ColecoVision Prototype Consoles

retroillucid

Yeah...so I just checked out Bump 'N Jump with the Expansion Module #2 on the ColecoVision...and the steering insensitivity is almost unplayable...in my opinion.  Definitely not the same as Turbo...which plays just like its arcade counter-part.  

I don't have a steering wheel but the videogamecritic prefers colecovision bumpnjump with the steering wheel.

https://videogamecritic.com/colecoae.htm?e=54154#rev4569

By the way, Intellivision bumpnjump is programmed for the 16-way control.  It gives bumpnjump multiple left/right speed which I miss when playing the arcade version.

• Like 1

Well obviously videogamecritic is a sociopath!  ?  Just kidding.  It is obviously "playable" with the Expansion Module #2, but as an example...when the road is at it's widest...it takes more than 2 full revolutions of the wheel to get from one side of the road to the other.  And as it's basically acting like a Roller Controller in joystick mode (pulsing left or right directions), spinning the wheel faster or slower doesn't make your car move sideways faster or slower, only at a single speed like when manipulating the joystick.  As Data East, who developed the game, decided that it should be played with an 8-way joystick...that's the way I'll continue to play it.  By the way...it does play great with my Spy Hunter Experience Controller.  

21 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Here's part of my Coleco catalogs collection 
There's about 60 different ones in this photo 

I need to scans all of them and upload them to colecoindustries.com (wich I also need to update!)

Coleco Catalogs.png

I think I saw Ms.Pac-Man in one of the catalogs but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Judge M said:

Is anyone doing console boxes repro for Colecovision ?

my box has had it ...

thanks judge 

Here you go https://www.ebay.de/itm/Amazing-Coleco-Box-Set-Adam-COLECOVISION-EXPANSION-SET-1-2-AND-3-etc/153977691823?hash=item23d9c91eaf:g:ZMwAAOSwcpJe7dkG

Well, you didn't specify the size you needed ?

All kidding aside, and in answer to your question, no there is no-one I'm aware of who is currently making repro console boxes for the CV.

• 1 month later...