IGNORED

Found an original xbox at goodwill

I just got confirmation that an av cable I ordered from amazon and a used controller from ebay is coming tomorrow. So I will be able to test. I got a cheap nba live 2002 from ebay disc only for three bucks. Not sure when that is coming. But at least I can get a pic tomorrow. Or maybe play a dvd.

There is a menu at least even without a gane isn't there? Or will I have just a black or blank screen?

I read online today you can use a generic remote. The dvd drive was made by rca so you can use generic rca codes and one should work.

If you have the reciever it plugs into a controller port

And no there were many different dvd drives used

Edited by Osgeld

Found out I need something called a breakaway cable. I ordered a few. Otherwise it works great. I have a rc65 directv universal remote. I found their website with codes. I used this rca code (20522). It works. It asked me to set the date and time. I loaded a dvd and it played fine. The remote worked. Did not need the official remote.

Oh your Xbox controller must have been missing the connector on the end. All wired Xbox controllers (any generation in a way) have detachable cables to prevent damage to both the controller and the console. In fact you can connect any original Xbox controller with an Xbox 360 USB end and use it on a PC (with some help with some software to convert the inputs).

There is a lot of third party but original controllers are hard to find. Anyhow here are the two I got. First was a little expensive but the second was cheap. But at least the first was supposed to work he said. And second not sure but it was so cheap it was worth a try.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-controller/173728155627?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&redirect=mobile

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Controller-For-Xbox-Original-Black/183622277009?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&redirect=mobile

Also need help identifying a game. Last xbox I played was from 2002 in california at my cousins appartment. It was so long ago he won't remember. And he got rid of the xbox long time ago. I remember playing a racing game. Dont remember which one. It was not on a track. Maybe project gotham. There was a sharp bend and turn right away. Anyhow my digital camera back was not the best since they were so new back then and not as good as today. But you can clearly see the xbox in the entertainment center under the tv. Anyhow in the second pic the case on the table not sure what that is. Or not sure if that is what is on the tv. Or if the case on the sofa next to him holding the controller is the one on the tv.

Does anybody recognize the artwork of the case on the sofa or which game is on the tv?

https://mvvg.blogspot.com/2019/01/2002-xbox.html

Edited by 0078265317