IGNORED

Anyone Ever Seen A "Jag Dapter" ?

Tempest Nut

I think I was one of the first people to hook a Jag up to an RGB monitor because this was before the "cat box" or Atari had any cables you could buy, I used a little known and even rarer A/V adaptor call a "Jag Daptor" and I've never seen another one anywhere.

4.jpg

I used the Jag Dapter to hookup my Atary Jaguar to an industrial grade Wells Gardner 35 inch RGB monitor, That is the same RGB monitors used in the huge Sega Daytona arcade game that if I'm not mistaken cost two dollars a pop to play. I made a cable to use that "Video RGB" plug which was a true RGB signal output!

I still have that huge RGB monitor, I fact it's right next to me as in typing this...
IMG-0268.jpg
Although it's just collecting dust now...
  • Like 7

Wow thanks for the link, I got it so long ago that I can't remember how I even got it but I seem to recall ordering out of a gaming mag...

I knew it was pretty rare but it's even rarer than I thought!

I actually bought two of them but I don't know where the second one is at the moment, It's prob up in the attic somewhere...

Edited by Tempest Nut

The reason I bought a second one was in case I messed up the first one modifying it, The Jag Dapter fit on the back of the Jag very loosely and I wanted it to be much more secure.

image5.jpg

The multi-pin connector on the jag dapter didn't have this outer plastic part shown in red...

imagke3.jpg

So I bought an Atari brand cable and removed that part from it...

s-l1600-1.jpg

And I shorten it and bonded it to the jag daptor's A/V input...

image4.jpg

Which made it much better but I thought it could be even more secure so I also removed the metal part from one of the plugs...

s-l1600-1.jpg

And I embedded it into the hard rubber-like plastic of the jag daptor and bonded it as well...

image2.jpg

But it wasn't going on straight because the upper corner was hitting so I notched it so it would press onto the jag flush...

image.jpg

imagek5.jpg

The end results was a snug tight fit that was flush with the jag...

3.jpg

Edited by Tempest Nut
  • Like 2

Like this industrial grade Wells Gardner 35 inch RGB monitor, It's a monster of a monitor!

It looks much bigger in person, the largest commercially available model CRT TV is about 45 inches and weighs several hundred pounds. As the size of the screen increases, so does the size of the picture tube, making the TV much bulkier. Larger TVs are not marketable

IMG-0268.jpg

Edited by Tempest Nut

Pah! HDMI is for kids!

Real men keep it analog. :)

I tend to, but I'd like to see the Jag in all its HDMI glory! I do have a $13 amazon AV to HDMI converter that works damn well on one of the mancave TVS (65 plasma from 2010) and it looks great. But when I hook it up to any of the LED/LCD Tvs (I have 2 70-inch upstairs) they look like ass. Why the plasma looks better for the AV to HDMI converter I don;t know

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thanks for the link, I got it so long ago that I can't remember how I even got it but I seem to recall ordering out of a gaming mag...

I knew it was pretty rare but it's even rarer than I thought!

I actually bought two of them but I don't know where the second one is at the moment, It's prob up in the attic somewhere...

Perhaps it was covered by Atari Explorer Online back then... I think that's how I found out about the ICD CatBox, monitored its development process, and successfully purchased and received one before ICD met its inglorious end...

• 1 month later...