IGNORED

Opcode 2019

opcode

Where is a list of colorline releases? I think I missed a few and don't see them on the AtariAge store or your site. Are they still available?

Grazi will update the site soon. And we will restock everything after shipping the last couple of pre-orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, perhaps I worded my answer poorly. What I meant was that through the CV console you only get RF or perhaps composite if it is modded. Through the module itself you get RGB, perhaps S-video and stereo sound. However that is for OMNI games only.

So in an optimum setup, you can connect your CV to RF to play all CV, SGM1, and SGM2/OMNI games, and you can connect to composite/s-video/RGB to play SGM2/OMNI games.

Why not HDMI? Well, OMNI the console offers HDMI, but in order to keep the module costs low, we must pick either analog or digital. Since we are already producing analog for the RF, HDMI is out. Again, this is all for convenience, so you don’t have to hook up your system to multiple TV inputs or whatever.

With analog AV we also keep in the spirit of the base console, as requiring a separate AV out to be used would kind of “detach” the module from its base console.

The CV is still integral to OMNIs architecture, as it controls the whole sound subsystem. So it isn’t an useless appendix like with the Atari module, both “system” are working in tandem.

So to make sure I understand correctly, I have a CV that has that has both a composite and HDMI output. I thought that when you got those, it rendered the standard RF output useless. So I'd not be able to play all of the OMNI/SGM2 games on my console? or as it appears above the OMNI module itself will have a composite video output? thus I could just use one of the composite inputs on my TV for it just like I do for my colecovision Expansion Module 1 now?

So to make sure I understand correctly, I have a CV that has that has both a composite and HDMI output. I thought that when you got those, it rendered the standard RF output useless. So I'd not be able to play all of the OMNI/SGM2 games on my console? or as it appears above the OMNI module itself will have a composite video output? thus I could just use one of the composite inputs on my TV for it just like I do for my colecovision Expansion Module 1 now?

The OMNI/SGM2 should be able to use the composite mod the same way the Atari Adapter works with it. If you didn't have the composite mod, then you would have to use the video output directly from the OMNI/SGM2 module for it to work.

Yes, you will be to play everything from your CV. SGM2 can output through your CV RF output (or composite video if you modded your CV). That means you can play all CV/SGM1/SGM2 games through your CV. For SGM2/OMNI games only, you can also use the module AV output, which can give you composite/S-video/RGB for those games, as well as stereo audio. Hope that clarifies.

• Like 2

Yes, you will be to play everything from your CV. SGM2 can output through your CV RF output (or composite video if you modded your CV). That means you can play all CV/SGM1/SGM2 games through your CV. For SGM2/OMNI games only, you can also use the module AV output, which can give you composite/S-video/RGB for those games, as well as stereo audio. Hope that clarifies.

Sorry Ed - when you say "RGB" is that the same as "component" out?

Sorry Ed - when you say "RGB" is that the same as "component" out?

No. RGB and component are different things. However, it is now easy to buy convertors from RGB to almost anything (including HDMI) thanks the popularization of classic gaming.

Hi eduardo i have a question concerning the OMNI, Although I'm bummed that no december presentation for that upcoming console and instead you chose it to around april but i'm okay with that. Anyway i saw the screenshots of 3 games, it's looks like an arcade and indie-inspired version of these games. I like it, i wish the presentation would be around earlier.

Hi eduardo i have a question concerning the OMNI, Although I'm bummed that no december presentation for that upcoming console and instead you chose it to around april but i'm okay with that. Anyway i saw the screenshots of 3 games, it's looks like an arcade and indie-inspired version of these games. I like it, i wish the presentation would be around earlier.

Hi. Glad to hear you are looking forward for the presentation. However you said you had a question but It isn’t clear to me what the question is. :)

Pick any 4 you would like to see ported for SGM2/OMNI. In addition to regular mode, games get enhanced modes with improved graphics, sound and depending on the game, extra content.

- Moon Patrol

- Zaxxon

- Donkey Kong

- Donkey Kog Jr

- Pengo

- Ms Pac-man

- Galaga

- Rally-X

- Frogger

- Jungle King

- Elevator Action

• Like 3

Pick any 4 you would like to see ported for SGM2/OMNI. In addition to regular mode, games get enhanced modes with improved graphics, sound and depending on the game, extra content.

- Moon Patrol

- Zaxxon

- Donkey Kong

- Donkey Kog Jr

- Pengo

- Ms Pac-man

- Galaga

- Rally-X

- Frogger

- Jungle King

- Elevator Action

Hi Eduardo, when you say "enhanced graphics mode" does this mean that the SGM 2 will give the CV to display more on screen colors? will the SGM 2 work in tandem with the CV hardware? or will the CV just be a pass thru?

Thank you!

Edited by ZilogZ80

Hi Eduardo, when you say "enhanced graphics mode" does this mean that the SGM 2 will give the CV to display more on screen colors? will the SGM 2 work in tandem with the CV hardware? or will the CV just be a pass thru?

First of all, I really like your nickname. :)

Yes, the SGM2 gives the CV new graphic capabilities. 2 scroll planes, sprites as big as 64x64 pixels, thousands of tiles and sprites to select from, 256 colors (from a 32,000 color palette) on screen and more.

The SGM2 gives the CV a new backward compatible 16-bit CPU (24 bit linear address and all), while the CV CPU still works as the sound and I/O CPU for the system. It is a fast system, about 6MIPS, 10 times faster than a regular CV. Very game oriented.

Because the CPU is backward compatible, games created for the CV can be easily upgraded to use the SGM2. There are some graphic features of the SGM2 that we aren’t discussing yet that I am sure CV fans will love to see in action.

And I didn’t even touch the sound capabilities here.

• Like 1

First of all, I really like your nickname. :)

Yes, the SGM2 gives the CV new graphic capabilities. 2 scroll planes, sprites as big as 64x64 pixels, thousands of tiles and sprites to select from, 256 colors (from a 32,000 color palette) on screen and more.

The SGM2 gives the CV a new backward compatible 16-bit CPU (24 bit linear address and all), while the CV CPU still works as the sound and I/O CPU for the system. It is a fast system, about 6MIPS, 10 times faster than a regular CV. Very game oriented.

Because the CPU is backward compatible, games created for the CV can be easily upgraded to use the SGM2. There are some graphic features of the SGM2 that we aren’t discussing yet that I am sure CV fans will love to see in action.

And I didn’t even touch the sound capabilities here.

So if i understand correctly the sgm2 will work in collaboration with the CV hardware.

Will these new capabilities give you the ability to make "arcade perfect" ports of lets say Zaxxon and DK?

Thank you again for your dedicated work toward our small niche market! its very appreciated! :)

- Moon Patrol

- Zaxxon

- Donkey Kong

- Donkey Kog Jr

- Pengo

- Ms Pac-man

- Galaga

- Rally-X

- Frogger

- Jungle King

- Elevator Action

DK JR

DK 3 not listed

Galaga

any other

So if i understand correctly the sgm2 will work in collaboration with the CV hardware.

That is correct.

Will these new capabilities give you the ability to make "arcade perfect" ports of lets say Zaxxon and DK?

They will indeed. Yesterday I posted a video on Facebook showing how I produced a sprite driver for DK running on SGM2 in just an afternoon. Easy to port is one factor. The other thing is that such early 80s games barely flex the SGM2’s muscles. We could easily port more advanced stuff like Commando, Tiger Heli or Rygar and still be mostly arcade perfect. Heck, even Capcom CPS1 games would be possible with some compromise. That is the beauty of the CV design.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2096233810589488&id=1587319068147634

Thank you again for your dedicated work toward our small niche market! its very appreciated! :)

Thank you for supporting us! Whatever we do would be meaningless if it wasn’t for the community support.