IGNORED

Bit Quest II new homebrew!

metalbabble

We'll be featuring Bit Quest II on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch stream tomorrow (Wednesday) at 11AM PT/2PM ET! Hope everyone can tune in to watch us play!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Featured Games:
Tower of Rubble (mksmith) (2019 WIP) by mksmith

Marble Craze (2017 Trak-Ball Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch

Color Gotcha (2016 WIP) by LS_Dracon

Bit Quest II (2019 WIP) by metalbabble

EDIT: Here's the video of the livestream!

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 2

Couple of little tidBITs...

First off, thanks Zero Page HomeBrew for the awesome stream today - all four homebrews you played were a lot of fun to watch. That marble craze game has some awesome music. Tower of Rubble and Color Gotcha look wicked fun too. Oh, and find any Tolken influence in Bit Quest II? :)

Ok so, in terms of Bit Quest II, I just updated the game to 1.4, the key new additions are:

• Optimized some of the sub screen / map screen code. (Probably not really noticeable, but it gave me more room to work)
  • Full color manual instead of just a text file. I still need to do a proper map, when I get to that I'll include it in this manual.
  • ACHIEVEMENTS! I've added 3 achievements into the game. The ending will show up to 3 crowns: 1 for each achievement. The achievements are: taking no damage, finding all of the dungeon items (3 hearts, 4 keys), and completing the game by only traversing through a minimal amount of screens. (160 for the time being) Believe it or not, it's possible to get all 3.

At this point I have a couple of more things I want to add. There's still some optimization to do, and I have the idea of adding in one more character power-up / upgrade.

Download is still here

Enjoy!

• Like 3

You're very welcome, it was a ton of fun to play on the stream! Aerlan applied all his dungeon crawling skills to the game and had a blast finishing it. :-) I'll definitely have to play it next time on the stream.

Looks like you have some great add-ons to the game in the update below and in the future, can't wait to stream it again on a show later in the year!

Couple of little tidBITs...

First off, thanks Zero Page HomeBrew for the awesome stream today - all four homebrews you played were a lot of fun to watch. That marble craze game has some awesome music. Tower of Rubble and Color Gotcha look wicked fun too. Oh, and find any Tolken influence in Bit Quest II? icon_smile.gif

Ok so, in terms of Bit Quest II, I just updated the game to 1.4, the key new additions are:

• Optimized some of the sub screen / map screen code. (Probably not really noticeable, but it gave me more room to work)
  • Full color manual instead of just a text file. I still need to do a proper map, when I get to that I'll include it in this manual.
  • ACHIEVEMENTS! I've added 3 achievements into the game. The ending will show up to 3 crowns: 1 for each achievement. The achievements are: taking no damage, finding all of the dungeon items (3 hearts, 4 keys), and completing the game by only traversing through a minimal amount of screens. (160 for the time being) Believe it or not, it's possible to get all 3.

At this point I have a couple of more things I want to add. There's still some optimization to do, and I have the idea of adding in one more character power-up / upgrade.

Download is still here

Enjoy!

This is a fun game. After finishing it on B difficulty, I switched to A but didn't really notice any difference in the enemy behavior, at least not in the couple of dungeons I played. What is the difference between the B and A settings?

It's super-minor; The last boss takes extra hits, and the enemies that can shoot will shoot more frequently. That's basically it... Thanks for giving it a whirl!

• Like 1

Dude, this is great! I loved the first one, this is even better! Love the achievements. Would love a super hard mode where maybe the enemies do double damage? I thought it was a little easy until I got to the final castle and realized my mistake. A super hard mode would make it extremely hard to win all 3 crowns. Having the achievements really increases the replay value. I love how big the world is and how diverse. I love all of the different enemies. I LOVE it icon for the stairs going down. It took me a minute to realize what I was seeing, but once I did, it's fantastic. Why hasn't that been drawn for stairs more before now?

Fantastic! Can't wait to play it again!

• Like 2

vktf.jpg

Even better than the first, good job :thumbsup:

Nice job on completing it, and with one of the achievements too!

Dude, this is great! I loved the first one, this is even better! Love the achievements. Would love a super hard mode where maybe the enemies do double damage? I thought it was a little easy until I got to the final castle and realized my mistake. A super hard mode would make it extremely hard to win all 3 crowns. Having the achievements really increases the replay value. I love how big the world is and how diverse. I love all of the different enemies. I LOVE it icon for the stairs going down. It took me a minute to realize what I was seeing, but once I did, it's fantastic. Why hasn't that been drawn for stairs more before now?

Fantastic! Can't wait to play it again!

Thank so much, glad it was enjoyable!! Finding a good difficulty level is challenging; the feedback is definitely helpful and much appreciated.

• 11 months later...

CONGRATULATIONS to Bit Quest II for being nominated in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards!

Be sure to vote your favourite homebrew games of 2019 with the links below and watch the awards LIVE on February 1, 2020!

Awards Show: February 1, 2020 @ 12:00PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Channel!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

1200476577_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestHomebrewAtari2600.jpg.e9cfdec393d2f671a3e906a88d318abe.jpg1040018196_2019AtariHomebrewAwardsLaurel-Nominated-BestGraphicsAtari2600.jpg.8f2d59a45233cb297120ae348e1f50c1.jpg

• Like 1