CosmicSailor

Retron 77 Home Brew Carts

Which Home Brew Carts actually work on the Retron 77 Video Game System?

Im interested in buying several Home Brew Carts but I want to make sure that they will actually work on the Retron 77 Video Game System first.

I don't know about carts. But from what I understand the latest update allows you to play a lot of recent homebrews off of the SD card. 

Which Home Brew Carts actually work on the Retron 77 Video Game System?

Im interested in buying several Home Brew Carts but I want to make sure that they will actually work on the Retron 77 Video Game System first.

Wasn't there a compatibility list somewhere?

The cart port of the Retron 77 only supports basic bankswitching, while the emulator, especially with the latest community build, has a much wider range of support.

I want to support the community and there are a lot of cool video games I would enjoy having on carts.

Some of the titles I would be interested in having just are not available in ROM form on atariage.

The Retron 77 sure is known more for its limited compatibility than its capabilities currently.

Im not complaining. I just really hope Hyperkin continues to work on making the Retron 77 the awesome video game system it could be.

Just list the games you are interested in and someone will tell you how they work on Retron77.

Sure.

Stay Frosty 2
Thruster Platinum (digital copy works fine I want purchase a copy)
Lady Bug
Oystron (digital copy works fine I want to purchase a copy)
Allia Quest
Space Cactus Canyon
Scramble atariage Edition

If some of the cart editions wind up not working on the Retron 77. Ill probably still purchase these and then hopefully Hyperkin will make them compatible with a new firmware update or with the release of the Retron 78 Video Game System?

I also thought that Home Brew Developers who dont want to offer free digital copies for personal use.

They could add a paypal email address.

So that someone interested in getting a digital copy of a video game. Could send a set amount as a donation.

Very good choices. :)

Thrust+ Platinum, Lady Bug, Oystron and Allia Quest will work as carts; Stay Frosty 2, Space Cactus Canyon and Scramble only via SD card.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Great. Thanks.

I guess for Stay Frosty 2, Space Cactus Canyon and Scramble I will just have to get in-touch with the Developers and ask if I can send a payment to their paypal accounts in exchange for a digital copy.