IGNORED

What Wii Games Should Every Collection Have?

Games Retrospect

I'm trying to focus on my Nintendo Wii collection for a while, so I'm wondering what people consider the best games on the platform. Personally, these are the games I have:

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Wii Sports

PES 2011

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (I'm actually waiting for this one to arrive in the mail.)

Also, I'm desperately trying to find the following games:

Xenoblade Chronicles

Metroid Prime Trilogy

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Wii Sports Resort

Monster Hunter Tri

The Last Story

Punch-Out!!!

But I know there are a ton of Wii games I'm not even considering that might be a lot of fun to play either alone or with friends and family. What about games like Wii Party or Wii Play? Are there any good light gun games on the system that I'm not considering? What games make great use of the WiiMote? What games make great use of the controller's microphone (I watched a video about a horror game that made creepy noises when there were dangerous creatures around, it was called something like "The Calling", I think)? Thanks!

Wii Play isnt bad but my favorite mini game compilation has to be Warioware Smooth Moves. Boom Blox is also really good.

As for light gun games -

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Returns

House of the Dead Overkill

Both Resident Evil Chronicles

Ghost Squad

Dead Space Extraction

Gunblade NY/LA Machine Guns

Those are the really good ones. There are quite a few others that are worth playing. Best part is theyre almost all really cheap. The only one Ive come across that Id stay away from at any price is Wild West Shootout. Even Target Terror is worth playing because its just so bad its hilarious.

• Like 1

A few essentials (IMO) that are missing from your list --

Boom Blox

Boom Blox Bash Party

Little King's Story

Zack & Wiki

Trauma Center (both games)

Trauma Team

maybe just me, but Resident Evil 4 on Wii is the best version of that game, thanks to the accuracy of the WiiMote, so I'd add that in there

For family co-op, if you're playing with kids or people who don't normally play video games -- Kirby: Epic Yarn and Kirby: Return to Dreamland

• Like 1

Are there any good light gun games on the system that I'm not considering? What games make great use of the WiiMote?

The Wii is such a great gun-game system. There's a separate thread on these somewhere, but here's my top 5:

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - my favorite light gun game ever.

Dead Space: Extraction - surprisingly well done, fantastic horror/sci-fi

House of the Dead 2&3 Return - really well done ports

House of the Dead: Overkill - not super polished, but really cheeky and fun

Medal of Honor - this is a 1st person shooter but also has a light gun mode that's fantastic

I'm willing to bet Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles is awesome. I have yet to play but need to pick it up given how much I loved the first. I can't offer a personal recommendation but certainly on my radar.

• Like 1

A few essentials (IMO) that are missing from your list --

Boom Blox

Boom Blox Bash Party

Little King's Story

Zack & Wiki

Trauma Center (both games)

Trauma Team

maybe just me, but Resident Evil 4 on Wii is the best version of that game, thanks to the accuracy of the WiiMote, so I'd add that in there

For family co-op, if you're playing with kids or people who don't normally play video games -- Kirby: Epic Yarn and Kirby: Return to Dreamland

At this point, so many people have brought up the Boom Blox games that I've added them to the list. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I softmoded my Wii U somewhat but I've been playing it "normally", as of late, with a few games I picked up.

My list so far:

Breath of the Wild

Mario Kart 8

Super Mario 3D World

Plus a slew of must-have Virtual Console games: n64 and NES titles mainly.. most of the older Zeldas, Super Mario 64, etc.

I'd like to venture more into the modded side though, but I just want to be careful that I don't brick it. I found it a lot more a pain in the ass to mod than the regular Wii, which was a piece of cake. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯