IGNORED

Chicago TI Friday 2019 - Companion gathering to Chicago TI World Faire

OLD CS1

Here are some of the set up before we got started.  We have a lighted side and a dimmed side.  On the dimmed side is one of my consoles connected to a projector, set up for general game-play or whatever, and anyone can bring their set up over and connect to the projector if they want.  There are also two other tables in the projector side for use if someone wants to do that.  (I like working in the dark, but I do not want to be separated from my peeps.)

DSC04292.JPG

DSC04294.JPG

DSC04295.JPG

DSC04297.JPG

DSC04298.JPG

• Like 9

For everyone asking about the shirts some of us are wearing, they are available in my TeeSpring store.  I have a couple more designs I am working on to post up (I want to do Parsec leggings hehehehe) and should have them sometime this month.

You can find my store here:

https://teespring.com/stores/ti-994a-home-computer-apparel

• Like 2

14 hours ago, matthew180 said:

The poster outside the room is fantastic!  I laughed out loud.  Nice touch!

Tah!  @Vorticon got to keep this one.  I enjoy making these and they seem to be a hit, so I will continue doing so.  As well, they are not terrible to get made up: these are 22x28 posters on foam board which FedEx Office charges $69 to make.  The quality is better than I have seen from some other print outlets which cost marginally less, so to me it is worth the price.

Thank you to everyone who attended and everyone who stopped by.  You guys make this worth the work and I could not have done it without you.  Once again, a very special thanks to everyone who contributed to cover the cost of the room, and @FarmerPotato who supplied some munchies and beverages.  The layout was well-received and I have been given good feedback on top of some observations of my own.

Right now next year is up in the air for a couple of reasons.  After the date for next year's Faire is announced I will be able to better make the decision.

• Like 6

On 11/3/2019 at 10:27 AM, OLD CS1 said:

Thank you to everyone who attended and everyone who stopped by.  You guys make this worth the work and I could not have done it without you.  Once again, a very special thanks to everyone who contributed to cover the cost of the room, and @FarmerPotato who supplied some munchies and beverages.  The layout was well-received and I have been given good feedback on top of some observations of my own.

Right now next year is up in the air for a couple of reasons.  After the date for next year's Faire is announced I will be able to better make the decision.

Despite the brief window I had to participate, I enjoyed meeting you and the others, as well as learning about other people's personal history with the TI and the projects they have in the works.  

Thanks again for organizing.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I am unaware of any change in schedule for the 2020 Faire, but I am afraid, given current situations, it is highly unlikely I will attend this year's Faire.  Thus, I will not be planning a 2020 companion event.

I will note if anything changes, but at this point I am told no events are being booked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I am unaware of any change in schedule for the 2020 Faire, but I am afraid, given current situations, it is highly unlikely I will attend this year's Faire.  Thus, I will not be planning a 2020 companion event.

I will note if anything changes, but at this point I am told no events are being booked.

I too, am highly unlikely to travel.  I am going to put my energy into the weekly Zoom meetings. 

• Like 1

I sent a message to Hal a couple weeks ago.  He indicated the Faire was still on with the current restrictions as our numbers in the room were not expected to exceed their restrictions.  That could all change as we draw nearer to the date, kids get back in school, etc.

Beery

11 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

I sent a message to Hal a couple weeks ago.  He indicated the Faire was still on with the current restrictions as our numbers in the room were not expected to exceed their restrictions.  That could all change as we draw nearer to the date, kids get back in school, etc.

Beery

Having a mask on all day long as well the requisite distancing will make for a very tiring and awkward day to say the least. Not to mention that this is likely an unsafe situation given that we will be cooped up in one room for the duration and I am willing to bet anything that not everyone will comply with the masking policy. If Hal wants to go for it, that's up to him... Personally I don't need any more exposures than I already get at the hospital every day. 

• Like 1