Jump to content
OLD CS1

Chicago TI Friday 2019 - Companion gathering to Chicago TI World Faire

Recommended Posts

I cannot attend, as fun as it sounds.

 

I have already made plans for that week, to visit a friend of mine.  Let me know how it turns out though!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ksarul said:

Last two days for hotel reservations at the group rate. . .

Indeed it is.  Thank you for catching that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a double that I can share. It is Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Opry99er gets first dibs.

 

BTW. the group rate only shows King (single) available in our block. But the Hilton Honors program can get you a double reservation for the same price as our group rate. I did that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I have a double that I can share. It is Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Opry99er gets first dibs.

 

BTW. the group rate only shows King (single) available in our block. But the Hilton Honors program can get you a double reservation for the same price as our group rate. I did that.

 

Very much this.  The rooms are double-occupancy, so those who want to attend but are more cost-conscious can buddy-up!

 

10 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I see we have $178 to go to  reach the goal to pay for the conference rooms!

 

I will MATCH the next $50 in donations. So step up, make a donation! Go here: https://locu.li/CTIFriday

VERY GENEROUS!  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who has not looked at the map, the hotel is one block up and two blocks over from the Evanston Library where the Faire is held.  That is about a 10 minute walk, at most, so it is easy to get there and back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, in regard to the rooms, I am not sure why it was only showing king availability.  I just tried to book without signing into my honors account and it presented the double as available.  In any case, if you have any problems booking you can give the hotel a call and they will take care of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to confirm, if we book and then are unable to show up, if we cancel 24 or 48 hours before, we are not charged???

 

Got several things going on here on my end and not sure if I can make it this year.


Beery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reservation and donation complete. I'll be there late Friday (sometime in the evening, most likely), but I will be there, assuming the universe continues to cooperate.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Just want to confirm, if we book and then are unable to show up, if we cancel 24 or 48 hours before, we are not charged???

 

Got several things going on here on my end and not sure if I can make it this year.


Beery

 

I am very glad you asked, because the conversation I had does not match the contract.  The contract states:

 

"All individual reservation cancellations must be made 72-hours prior to scheduled arrival; otherwise the individual will be billed for one night’s lodging plus occupancy tax."

 

So rather than two days you must cancel three days in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, thanks for the info. Gotta run things by the wife tonight to decide on whether to make reservations tomorrow.  She had surgery about 10 days ago and we are due for a follow-up visit with the neurosurgeon this coming Monday.  Things are looking good, I just do not know if she will be able to be on her own for that length of time or not.  

 

Beery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

OK, thanks for the info. Gotta run things by the wife tonight to decide on whether to make reservations tomorrow.  She had surgery about 10 days ago and we are due for a follow-up visit with the neurosurgeon this coming Monday.  Things are looking good, I just do not know if she will be able to be on her own for that length of time or not. 

 

No worries, man.  You gotta take care of the one who takes care of you best.  I hope all goes well -- foot surgery ain't no joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FarmerPotato said:

Only $78 to go!

 

Anyone want to donate a mug or a tote bag to our next donor?

Woot!  Thanks guys!  I have to look around to see if I have anything TI-related to pitch in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

 

No worries, man.  You gotta take care of the one who takes care of you best.  I hope all goes well -- foot surgery ain't no joke.

Neurosurgeon - she had surgery on her skull to install a shunt to assist in the removal of fluid off the brain into her abdomen.  Not removing one's foot from the other party's backside <grin>.

 

Beery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

Neurosurgeon - she had surgery on her skull to install a shunt to assist in the removal of fluid off the brain into her abdomen.  Not removing one's foot from the other party's backside <grin>.

 

Beery

 

Oh!  Somehow I read "foot surgery" in your message.  And, yikes!  Just the thought of it gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Sending some good mojo ya'll's way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Neurosurgeon - she had surgery on her skull to install a shunt to assist in the removal of fluid off the brain into her abdomen.  Not removing one's foot from the other party's backside <grin>.

 

Beery

My prayers are with your family.  My mother had the same surgery 2 years ago to correct NPH and it was a miracle for her.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vorticon said:

So how many confirmed attendees to the Friday event do we have so far?

We currently have eight people booked for a room, including myself.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

We currently have eight people booked for a room, including myself.

 

I did not think the Hilton would allow that many people in a room. :P

 

...lee

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee Stewart said:

 

I did not think the Hilton would allow that many people in a room. :P

 

...lee

 

I call top bunk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...