IGNORED

Chicago TI Friday 2019 - Companion gathering to Chicago TI World Faire

OLD CS1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I have a double that I can share. It is Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Opry99er gets first dibs.

BTW. the group rate only shows King (single) available in our block. But the Hilton Honors program can get you a double reservation for the same price as our group rate. I did that.

Very much this.  The rooms are double-occupancy, so those who want to attend but are more cost-conscious can buddy-up!

10 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I see we have $178 to go to  reach the goal to pay for the conference rooms!

I will MATCH the next $50 in donations. So step up, make a donation! Go here: https://locu.li/CTIFriday

VERY GENEROUS!  Thank you!

Also, in regard to the rooms, I am not sure why it was only showing king availability.  I just tried to book without signing into my honors account and it presented the double as available.  In any case, if you have any problems booking you can give the hotel a call and they will take care of you.

7 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Just want to confirm, if we book and then are unable to show up, if we cancel 24 or 48 hours before, we are not charged???

Got several things going on here on my end and not sure if I can make it this year.

Beery

I am very glad you asked, because the conversation I had does not match the contract.  The contract states:

"All individual reservation cancellations must be made 72-hours prior to scheduled arrival; otherwise the individual will be billed for one night’s lodging plus occupancy tax."

So rather than two days you must cancel three days in advance.

OK, thanks for the info. Gotta run things by the wife tonight to decide on whether to make reservations tomorrow.  She had surgery about 10 days ago and we are due for a follow-up visit with the neurosurgeon this coming Monday.  Things are looking good, I just do not know if she will be able to be on her own for that length of time or not.  

Beery

23 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

OK, thanks for the info. Gotta run things by the wife tonight to decide on whether to make reservations tomorrow.  She had surgery about 10 days ago and we are due for a follow-up visit with the neurosurgeon this coming Monday.  Things are looking good, I just do not know if she will be able to be on her own for that length of time or not. 

No worries, man.  You gotta take care of the one who takes care of you best.  I hope all goes well -- foot surgery ain't no joke.

27 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

No worries, man.  You gotta take care of the one who takes care of you best.  I hope all goes well -- foot surgery ain't no joke.

Neurosurgeon - she had surgery on her skull to install a shunt to assist in the removal of fluid off the brain into her abdomen.  Not removing one's foot from the other party's backside <grin>.

Beery

13 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

Neurosurgeon - she had surgery on her skull to install a shunt to assist in the removal of fluid off the brain into her abdomen.  Not removing one's foot from the other party's backside <grin>.

Beery

Oh!  Somehow I read "foot surgery" in your message.  And, yikes!  Just the thought of it gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Sending some good mojo ya'll's way.

4 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Beery

My prayers are with your family.  My mother had the same surgery 2 years ago to correct NPH and it was a miracle for her.