Jump to content
OLD CS1

Chicago TI Friday 2019 - Companion gathering to Chicago TI World Faire

Recommended Posts

Here are some of the set up before we got started.  We have a lighted side and a dimmed side.  On the dimmed side is one of my consoles connected to a projector, set up for general game-play or whatever, and anyone can bring their set up over and connect to the projector if they want.  There are also two other tables in the projector side for use if someone wants to do that.  (I like working in the dark, but I do not want to be separated from my peeps.)

 

 

DSC04292.JPG

DSC04294.JPG

DSC04295.JPG

DSC04297.JPG

DSC04298.JPG

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone asking about the shirts some of us are wearing, they are available in my TeeSpring store.  I have a couple more designs I am working on to post up (I want to do Parsec leggings hehehehe) and should have them sometime this month.

 

You can find my store here:


https://teespring.com/stores/ti-994a-home-computer-apparel

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, matthew180 said:

The poster outside the room is fantastic!  I laughed out loud.  Nice touch!

 

Tah!  @Vorticon got to keep this one.  I enjoy making these and they seem to be a hit, so I will continue doing so.  As well, they are not terrible to get made up: these are 22x28 posters on foam board which FedEx Office charges $69 to make.  The quality is better than I have seen from some other print outlets which cost marginally less, so to me it is worth the price.

 

Thank you to everyone who attended and everyone who stopped by.  You guys make this worth the work and I could not have done it without you.  Once again, a very special thanks to everyone who contributed to cover the cost of the room, and @FarmerPotato who supplied some munchies and beverages.  The layout was well-received and I have been given good feedback on top of some observations of my own.

 

Right now next year is up in the air for a couple of reasons.  After the date for next year's Faire is announced I will be able to better make the decision.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 10:27 AM, OLD CS1 said:

Thank you to everyone who attended and everyone who stopped by.  You guys make this worth the work and I could not have done it without you.  Once again, a very special thanks to everyone who contributed to cover the cost of the room, and @FarmerPotato who supplied some munchies and beverages.  The layout was well-received and I have been given good feedback on top of some observations of my own.

 

Right now next year is up in the air for a couple of reasons.  After the date for next year's Faire is announced I will be able to better make the decision.

Despite the brief window I had to participate, I enjoyed meeting you and the others, as well as learning about other people's personal history with the TI and the projects they have in the works.  

 

Thanks again for organizing.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I had to miss it this year, but I was happy to contribute some dollars for the room, and plan to do so for the next one as well.  2020, I will be there all weekend, Friday through sunday. 

 

Thanks to OLD CS1 and all those who contributed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am unaware of any change in schedule for the 2020 Faire, but I am afraid, given current situations, it is highly unlikely I will attend this year's Faire.  Thus, I will not be planning a 2020 companion event.

 

I will note if anything changes, but at this point I am told no events are being booked.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I am unaware of any change in schedule for the 2020 Faire, but I am afraid, given current situations, it is highly unlikely I will attend this year's Faire.  Thus, I will not be planning a 2020 companion event.

 

I will note if anything changes, but at this point I am told no events are being booked.

I too, am highly unlikely to travel.  I am going to put my energy into the weekly Zoom meetings. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to remind myself to actually join one of those one of these days!  All my days run into each other, and I lose track of what the date is-- always find I missed it like 3 days later. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the Faire is out this year as far as I am concerned. First time I would have missed it in nearly 20 years... I don't think it would be safe to hold it anyway or that the Evanston library would even allow such a gathering.

There is always next year though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent a message to Hal a couple weeks ago.  He indicated the Faire was still on with the current restrictions as our numbers in the room were not expected to exceed their restrictions.  That could all change as we draw nearer to the date, kids get back in school, etc.

 

Beery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

I sent a message to Hal a couple weeks ago.  He indicated the Faire was still on with the current restrictions as our numbers in the room were not expected to exceed their restrictions.  That could all change as we draw nearer to the date, kids get back in school, etc.

 

Beery

Having a mask on all day long as well the requisite distancing will make for a very tiring and awkward day to say the least. Not to mention that this is likely an unsafe situation given that we will be cooped up in one room for the duration and I am willing to bet anything that not everyone will comply with the masking policy. If Hal wants to go for it, that's up to him... Personally I don't need any more exposures than I already get at the hospital every day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

I don't need any more exposures than I already get at the hospital every day.

Yeah, and we could do without your cooties ;)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yeah, and we could do without your cooties ;)

🖕. Oops, I meant 😄. Damn autocorrect!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...