IGNORED

Atari Emulation on MacOS and SpartaDOS X

erazmus

Hello All,

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Atari800MacX had recently been updated to fix the sound issues with the latest MacOS. I am interested in setting up an emulated environment on my Mac that will let me emulate an Atari running SpartDOS X. I have been unable to find the correct incantation of SpartaDOS X ROM image and Atari800MacX settings to make it work.

Is there anyone who has some words of wisdom that could point me in the right direction to get something running? I would prefer Atari800MacX, but if I have to go with something else to get SpartaDOS to work, that's what I will have to do.

I am not at home right now, but it´s as easy as grabbing an image from there: http://sdx.atari8.info/index.php?show=en_download_special

I use the Maxflash8Mb version (at least I think so, will check at home) and mount it as cartridge in Atari800MacX.

Thanks for the response. When I insert the Maxflash8Mb version, it asks me what type of cartridge it is. No matter what type I select, I just get a black screen.