GradualGames

The Retron 77 and using paddles.

So there is some bug in Stella 6.2.1 which causes paddles not working? I just tried my new paddles from ebay and it seems not to work. Just fire sometimes work, when I move the cable.

40 minutes ago, Wizzard said:

So there is some bug in Stella 6.2.1 which causes paddles not working? I just tried my new paddles from ebay and it seems not to work. Just fire sometimes work, when I move the cable.

If it works after you move the cable, it is the paddles, not the game.  Sounds like someone on ebay sold you broken paddles.  I would make sure all of the wires inside the paddle are connected and in good condition.  Hope this doc i wrote helps.  What system are you running stella on?

Beginners notes for Stella on Windows and RetroN77.docx

Okay, will check that. It was written on ebay it was "fully tested and working" so I bought it. I am trying it on Retron 77 latest community build and also tried on Flashback X where it was reported working on the forum, but it does nothing.

-KBuwa20jf0ZpynO_g76jrU9wML4giVgPZ0bDT0BDze1BBb-gZa-SH3D-n8Jplq6T6ZHDHdUMuBPxfZWMmdZRNAra3GlgLgHewjhrDme1BdlZb7lEiLCYWqGnz-WKAYs0ICRsiTIrSfbRAm6t3AU9ShwerR5KQuO8Y-3hcXfOMf-cyLc1hso4V7neYNs66xQZH7F_vXDRthtf-JskpQZ3nEfK6fQPdNtH6pMlX8GlskwJbtk6eC2_Xk3mwy-w4Ae9KEpinK18q9UliZvZzuVmaC5n-k3-iYpnrH-Huc4GiGIssZYSuNryhZBqGrAxAS_GwaOZgcl8ZTRHMnifXweRKYtACF4KMngER_NXqEhvYGhVSI_-5LEUoKTL3LotcUckECB3QyHggOKXq1GzQ6m2Q3u7juXaCsQtggT0gVDHfRkgWeR5-C8x0S7gnB3HcR6mNsLx0cNK9mXgVIl1GsCzbgA704lQCqzGBYuqqn21B8Vf7oTHGTTvbMTiUqAA2xzayPLEWfGLXrEc3YRhj6uk0M4vycx5AzRIiSKnwscSIqxgo1XIr88_x8F9X8hIqRqNEr2FkfXu3JEHSVfuBphWAefk8V_Dt7W6TeVpJD3IW70a7s2HEgdOV-uA0YaZpt4RxwoWX6Jof6M26kUdC7B1ZKyioT4xy0_2V6cRBdyRDCP4Cm6Mg0Tlh04tQGs8w=w1246-h935-no?authuser=0

zjf_BLn4wsKop3WFhZzo6sAY_FKfwAe1-sSJfhGfBRMn91unq8-MkdzF4u8biKkxM3A7OKPgse_rkn75mQdJOnl6Wef4YCFi2EadHdx-RZekrLQMO03_tltEeE_AKw9gr8Z6DwYNPp--iObHp0cfSfPGDBpSow9nVWDPu59Due6t-jfG4McWc7GCo7g3IQDPbYYMveBO7F5oTFDuri_3u1C9GXBvZmrVfHbxNAmH8InS6PMtRD2oingCn7Tfy22BKXhE0JXSHe3aueKnV0sJld7ALBQD7uXxMGz7byQbnmTz9yfAqgATMrTC820Xd-LjJPg7NAENtkvRn5HCX_NYN5gw98lXYJFO1SfP5jApPqLUlxmKWKKDpzJQlJS7YnTZNOUOUGig2ujydTK5wPG2QMdotZ7ch91Yhl8bKEeEKpl7hgWY0T9KuqO-IjVzJrgoztqLASkYUvHayafEsmRF1aghQjQksOOR84XJUYSzZxAte6nzKhbJJo7EVL6VuSLFJKPlElehANidQ8RZFJ5rCBmm7xv9EvXI8ArLZ06p8hDQ5i6TJQ7n65lOcoFqzT--0GMkLUuLjEMFptVA6uNhDClyuLd8KunVmlLQcWs29AXOFNpCruGX7vi7r4weFEhKz3fhe5Ymml2Z29yc47xVjdXXRLZKlOa4STj-v6dWwBdx8QVPhMbEo2ox11xPmw=w1246-h935-no?authuser=0

Edited by Wizzard

We have a bug in Stella 6.2.1 for R77. You have to use the Advanced Settings and map the analog input for the paddles again. 

Currently we are working on a 6.2.2 fix release.

• Like 1

Good, will try it. Also it seems that my paddles have very worn out connector, cause it has issues also on Flashback X, only works when I push the cable to some side.

4 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

We have a bug in Stella 6.2.1 for R77. You have to use the Advanced Settings and map the analog input for the paddles again. 

Currently we are working on a 6.2.2 fix release.

I'm using 6.1.1 on RetroN77 and it flies.  They did a great job.  And I couldn't tell you how to map the paddles.  Sorry!

Open the settings, switch to "Advanced Settings" and then follow the Stella User's Guide documentation (included in every non-R77 download).

I wonder how to configure original Hyperkin Rander controller. It does not work with Flashback X for me so I tried to map the analog button in Retron and seems like it does nothing. How can I do it? Which joystick port I have to use for Ranger?

Ok, I found it out. I just used defaults in input settings and inserted ranger to first joystick port and it works :)

Edited by Wizzard

Remember that when you do mappings.  You are NOT doing them on the paddle or sticks but on the port they are plugged into.  So if you make a change; it's to the system you're working on not the paddle or stick.  You might have issues now with your Flashback X now.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:04 PM, Redjac said:

Same here. Paddles work on on stock firmware (Hyperkin Ranger). After upgrading to latest community build paddles work precisely as you describe. 

I've reverted to the original firmware, since paddle games are the reason I bought the R77. So, do paddles just not work in the community build?

@Redjac I have the same issue. Where can I find the original firmware? Thanks 🙏 

They worked in previous builds. And they will work again in the next Stella release.