IGNORED

Wishing for a Hardware Mod - Tower Case!

First Spear

Here's something that just leaked out of my head, when I should be doing other more productive things.

I was thinking that it would be cool to have a vertical console housing (think like a PC Engine FX) that could hold an Inty II motherboard, route controller ports and video, and put the cartridge slot at the top or something.

I don't know how the Intellivoice would work, maybe pull that out of its housing also and put it in the new case and connect the two with a coupler of some kind), since the Intellivoice works with all carts.

Then there's how to fit an ECS in....

Anyway, it would be fun to see. There is probably someone with the right materials and talent to prototype one. Hmm, maybe bring to life the sketches that were shown here on on AA with the stacking units and L-connectors. Something awesome to show at PGRE 2019!

post-31694-0-84423000-1547606098_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 1/15/2019 at 9:36 PM, First Spear said:

Here's something that just leaked out of my head, when I should be doing other more productive things.

I was thinking that it would be cool to have a vertical console housing (think like a PC Engine FX) that could hold an Inty II motherboard, route controller ports and video, and put the cartridge slot at the top or something.

I don't know how the Intellivoice would work, maybe pull that out of its housing also and put it in the new case and connect the two with a coupler of some kind), since the Intellivoice works with all carts.

Then there's how to fit an ECS in....

Anyway, it would be fun to see. There is probably someone with the right materials and talent to prototype one. Hmm, maybe bring to life the sketches that were shown here on on AA with the stacking units and L-connectors. Something awesome to show at PGRE 2019!

With all of the people out there with 3D printers (and talent), is this any closer to reality? Even just a tower-style thing to hold the innards of a 2609 or Intellivision II by itself would be fun. I guess the cartridge port would have to be at the bottom of the tower, and a cartridge ribbon cable would be needed to ensure the best fit, but it might be possible. Maybe?

Edited by First Spear