IGNORED

FW Diagnostics - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

I sent Freewheel a PM to put me down for a cart when they're made, but was also able to get hold of the rom for a little testing. It's great! AND I've been able to repair an Intellivision unit with its help!

I'm fixing an Intellivision master component for a friend. It has had graphical issues *sometimes*. By using the video testing mode on the cart and cycling the border colors, I was able to reliably reproduce the issue. Turned out to be a power problem, and replacing the power circuit board with one from a more reliable Inty fixed it up! This is a great test cart!

• Like 3

Updated serials that are spoken for:

1 2 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 65 66 68 69 77 82 83 88 89 99 100 101 107 111 112 119 124 125

Still a bunch of single-digit copies available, for big spenders!

Carts are assembled and tested. Some of the inserts are ready. Just need to assemble boxes and begin invoicing - hopefully within about a week!

By the looks of it more than half have sold already so I think the majority think it's a fair price.

You mean, collectors -- the ones who don't plan on opening it up, right? A practical tool like this should be sold and treated like a hammer or a screwdriver, not like an oil painting. :roll:

Anyway, if people seem willing to pay collector's prices for such a thing, well then, more power to Freewheel. I guess that's just the state of things, you know, after selling empty boxes became all the rage.

-dZ.

• Like 1

You mean, collectors -- the ones who don't plan on opening it up, right? A practical tool like this should be sold and treated like a hammer or a screwdriver, not like an oil painting. :roll:

Anyway, if people seem willing to pay collector's prices for such a thing, well then, more power to Freewheel. I guess that's just the state of things, you know, after selling empty boxes became all the rage.

-dZ.

I bought mine for both reasons. I have many consoles I'd like to sufficiently test, but I'm going to take care of it during use and store it on my shelf when not in use :D

It's still somewhat collectible and if 10 people are willing to pay a premium for a low SN it's their choice. Only 3 have sold, so maybe it's a dying model. Personally, I think you should get a little something extra for a low SN...like an extra screwdriver :D

• Like 1

I bought mine for both reasons. I have many consoles I'd like to sufficiently test, but I'm going to take care of it during use and store it on my shelf when not in use :D

It's still somewhat collectible and if 10 people are willing to pay a premium for a low SN it's their choice. Only 3 have sold, so maybe it's a dying model. Personally, I think you should get a little something extra for a low SN...like an extra screwdriver :D

Sure, it's their choice. I just don't see the difference. It's not like serigraphy or hand-crafted goods, which may have variations on the actual output, and typically lower serial numbers represent initial run with first-time parts, components, ingredients, or tooling. These are just literally a bunch of identical goods randomly slapped with a numbered sticker. There is not even any correlation to the order of manufacture.

But, hey, like I said, it's the new order of things. Good on freewheel for having the balls to do it. :grin: I'm sure it'll open the doors for many other interesting "collectible goods" to come.

-dZ.

Sure, it's their choice. I just don't see the difference. It's not like serigraphy or hand-crafted goods, which may have variations on the actual output, and typically lower serial numbers represent initial run with first-time parts, components, ingredients, or tooling. These are just literally a bunch of identical goods randomly slapped with a numbered sticker. There is not even any correlation to the order of manufacture.

-dZ.

Oh, for sure. That's why a reseal, add a hang tab, and slap a holographic serial #001 sticker to every game I own. My collection is worth like a million dollars these days :D

But, hey, like I said, it's the new order of things. Good on freewheel for having the balls to do it. :grin: I'm sure it'll open the doors for many other interesting "collectible goods" to come.

-dZ.

I'm sure the guys who pay the premium price for the lower serial numbers want to support the programmer. Like I supported the charity cause of Desert Bus by buying #4.

• Like 4

I'm sure the guys who pay the premium price for the lower serial numbers want to support the programmer. Like I supported the charity cause of Desert Bus by buying #4.

This. I fully realize I am massively overpaying each time I buy a low number as well as an additional play copy or two. That said, in doing so I know I am helping fund future cool projects which I'm more than happy to do. Plus, I'm so far down the rabbit hole with Inty collecting why turn back now. Lol! ???

• Like 6

This. I fully realize I am massively overpaying each time I buy a low number as well as an additional play copy or two. That said, in doing so I know I am helping fund future cool projects which I'm more than happy to do. Plus, I'm so far down the rabbit hole with Inty collecting why turn back now. Lol!

I was thinking exactly of you with my comment. :)

-dZ.

Absolutely it should be opened and used. A lot of collectors never open sealed games / hardware etc as it would either devalue or spoil its perfect condition. I am not one of those people and I've opened quite a few sealed games I've bought so far. They are to be enjoyed and played first and collected second (in my view).

The first 10 copies aside, I think this is priced fairly. Again, this is just my veiw and if people want to pay a premium for the lower serial numbers, that is absolutely their perogative. Also, if those people paying the premium are doing so to help fund further releases then we all benefit at their literal expense.

Saying that, I haven't reserved one as I think I'll hold out for the rom :-D