IGNORED

FW Diagnostics - Official Ordering Thread

freewheel

Absolutely it should be opened and used. A lot of collectors never open sealed games / hardware etc as it would either devalue or spoil its perfect condition. I am not one of those people and I've opened quite a few sealed games I've bought so far. They are to be enjoyed and played first and collected second (in my view).

The first 10 copies aside, I think this is priced fairly. Again, this is just my veiw and if people want to pay a premium for the lower serial numbers, that is absolutely their perogative. Also, if those people paying the premium are doing so to help fund further releases then we all benefit at their literal expense.

Saying that, I haven't reserved one as I think I'll hold out for the rom :-D

LOL! You do know this is not really a game, right? :P

Personally, I think you should get a little something extra for a low SN...like an extra screwdriver :D

Yeah, that was the original plan. I just ran into a wall when coming up with ideas. So, tell ya what - extra screwdriver AND spudger for the first 10 copies! You heard it here first, folks!

I wasn't even going to do an extra charge for the low numbers, but in all honesty, some people specifically ask for it when I've discussed this. For those few people who REALLY want a tiny serial number (*cough* cmart *cough*), this is their way of guaranteeing one. As opposed to having to watch forum threads every 5 minutes, or make backroom deals with producers, or whatever. They know that few people will pay extra for it, so they know they're ensured one. I just take the money and plow it into extra hardware for testing and development, so it's win-win. Although what the hell I'm gonna do with 15+ consoles and a million spare parts... :lol:

And for those that don't care about number, then just buy one of the other 115 copies. I'm mildly mystified at the "controversy" here.

• Like 1

I demand you create and then sell me #000. It will assure me the lowest possible number while also ruining cmart's very existence :twisted:

And before any of you wise-asses says it, negatives aren't applicable to real items!

I don't know, fredic started doing negative numbers when he did a 2nd release of Pac Man for the channel f :D

And mine appears to be very real...although I have to stand on my head underground when I play it.....but otherwise it's very real.

And for those that don't care about number, then just buy one of the other 115 copies. I'm mildly mystified at the "controversy" here.

No controversy, just people posting their different opinions on a current topic. Variety is the spice of life. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so. They're here. And slowly being assembled - that'll take a few days. It'll take me at least 2 weeks to mail out the orders I have already, so I'm not rushing to invoice people just yet.

With that said, anyone who hasn't already asked for one, or is in a hurry - head on over to the official order page and feel free to order yourself a copy or 2. If you HAVE reserved a serial number already, please PM me, or email me, or something, just so I can tie together your PayPal order with the correct serial. I don't quite know everyone by name just yet :D

• Like 4

OK, we FINALLY have a bunch of copies assembled and ready to ship. Had to buy a house in the interim, so ya know, life and all that.

I've started sending invoices to those who've given me their email addresses. This will still take time to plow through orders (see: aforementioned house purchase) so I hope everyone can bear with me as I slowly get these shipped. A few people have paid, and those are going out hopefully tomorrow.

It's super exciting cramming all the feelies into boxes, I must say :D

• Like 4

OK, we FINALLY have a bunch of copies assembled and ready to ship. Had to buy a house in the interim, so ya know, life and all that.

I've started sending invoices to those who've given me their email addresses. This will still take time to plow through orders (see: aforementioned house purchase) so I hope everyone can bear with me as I slowly get these shipped. A few people have paid, and those are going out hopefully tomorrow.

It's super exciting cramming all the feelies into boxes, I must say :D

So, the Super Pro I own was made in the USA, but still has its RF shield soldered on. Can this cart tell if it is the normal Intellivision with the tutorVision grom, like Lathe26?

So, the Super Pro I own was made in the USA, but still has its RF shield soldered on. Can this cart tell if the grom is the TutorVision one, like Lathe26?

It *should* be able to - with a caveat.

The program itself took into account all known (at the time) hardware variants, based on actual hardware as well as the extensive reverse engineering efforts by many bright people. And made some educated guesses based on what's likely out there. From what I can tell, it's accurate and should be accurate on all STIC/EXEC/GROM variants related to the Tutorvision. But it's always possible that Mattel had something else up its sleeve. I've not heard even a rumor of a 3rd GROM version, but at this point it feels like anything is possible!