freewheel

FW Diagnostics - Official Ordering Thread

This is sad but given mine was shipped in February 21, I think it has been lost in mail.

This is sad but given mine was shipped in February 21, I think it has been lost in mail.

I feel like Rev may have stolen it. He does stuff like that.

Officially sold out of serial-numbered copies! Thanks for the support everyone!

There's been enough demand that I think I'm going to make up a few more copies out of the spare parts. Please let me know if you'd be interested. They won't be *quite* as full of contents, but a boxed cart with most of the goodies will still be included. Along with an appropriate price reduction.

I'm also willing to make up some cart-only copies, if anyone simply wants the cart for testing purposes and isn't into collecting things.

:( I'll take care of this, somehow. PM me and we'll figure something out. I hate international shipping, as tracking is really expensive.

Have you considered a rom release? You could encode it for individual LTO Flashcarts to protect your IP if that's a concern.

Have you considered a rom release? You could encode it for individual LTO Flashcarts to protect your IP if that's a concern.

but in that case the buyer would miss the screwdriver. He would be screwed.
  • Like 2

but in that case the buyer would miss the screwdriver. He would be screwed.

That is true but personally, I'm not that bothered as I have one. Plus, I think you're more likely to be screwed with a screwdriver than without it ;)

• Like 1

That is true but personally, I'm not that bothered as I have one. Plus, I think you're more likely to be screwed with a screwdriver than without it ;)

Screw you! (couldn't resist ;) )

Yup, it's in the plans. I'm less worried about encoding to a flash cart, to be honest.

I'm also going to manufacture some "cheaper" options for people who care less about the collectible side of things. I know a lot of people would like the cart but don't want to pay for the full experience. I need to see what materials are floating around.

• Like 2

Yup, it's in the plans. I'm less worried about encoding to a flash cart, to be honest.

I'm also going to manufacture some "cheaper" options for people who care less about the collectible side of things. I know a lot of people would like the cart but don't want to pay for the full experience. I need to see what materials are floating around.

That's great.

One of the things I would like to try is the colour bar/colour bar chart to set my screens colour properly. I have a Pal-b intellivision so do you know if the colour chart and bar display would work as they should with a non ntsc intellivision?

That's great.

One of the things I would like to try is the colour bar/colour bar chart to set my screens colour properly. I have a Pal-b intellivision so do you know if the colour chart and bar display would work as they should with a non ntsc intellivision?

The colors of NTSC and PAL Intellis are slightly different.

The colors of NTSC and PAL Intellis are slightly different.

That's what I thought. So they won't match up with the bar chart poster then will they? I wonder if it's possible to adjust the TV's colour settings so it matches the bar chart poster and subsequently, the ntsc rendering of colours?

Breaking News!

OK, not really. BUT - we have enough leftover materials to produce a small number of "extra" boxed copies, for those that want the functionality of the cart, but didn't get one originally, or don't care so much about serial numbers.

See here for details: http://fwgames.ca/fw-diagnostics-ordering-unnumbered-copies/

$40 plus shipping (a $14.95 savings!) - the only things lacking are the serial number stickers, and overlays. And the overlays weren't actually used to guide the diagnostic utilities anyway, they were more of a fun feelie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, freewheel said:

Breaking News!

OK, not really. BUT - we have enough leftover materials to produce a small number of "extra" boxed copies, for those that want the functionality of the cart, but didn't get one originally, or don't care so much about serial numbers.

See here for details: http://fwgames.ca/fw-diagnostics-ordering-unnumbered-copies/

$40 plus shipping (a $14.95 savings!) - the only things lacking are the serial number stickers, and overlays. And the overlays weren't actually used to guide the diagnostic utilities anyway, they were more of a fun feelie.

I got an adjustable adapter on eBay that lets you use other 9 pin controllers with ground at pin 8. This diagnostic cart was very helpful as the adapter has five toggles on it to set various button positions. It a bit much, since some arrangements push all 3 buttons at once, yet it only has settings for 2 buttons on your controller for 3 buttons on the INTV. Would be nice if it could use the third button, but I think that is a little complex for what is a passive adapter with multiple settings. I did wire up a 3x1.5V battery pack that allows me to use my SMS beeshu arcade stick with rapid-fire on both buttons. Now to attach a keypad controller to it. 

At last got mine! The tools are amazing. I've been willing to open some sealed cartridges. 😀👍🏻

20191019_111356.jpg

• Like 3