IGNORED

Ringing in the new year with the game.com

I bought a Game.com and several games brand new a few years ago. I tried out all the games and then set everything aside. The screen is just too hard to see (of course, it didn't help that my brand new system's screen came out of the package with a blank horizontal line).

I typically find something to like for any system, but I've yet to do that with the Game.com. I tried playing Sonic a couple of days ago, and they just got everything wrong (except for maybe the graphics). Most of my time was spent trying to get enough momentum for Sonic to actually run up hills. Just ugh.

I wonder if a screen replacement is feasible? It could make a world of difference.

Not sure about a screen replacement. As far as it making a difference, I doubt it. The big issue with Game.Com games stems more from them being choppy, mostly unplayable messes. The poor screen is just the cherry on top.

That could be.a fun hack project. I wonder with a proper screen that refreshes well and re-clocking it correctly if the games that look like they should be fun can be without the chugging beer google vision they are normally. It could open the door to a non-sucking experience there if youre into more minimalist tiger fare.