IGNORED

IRATA.ONLINE: PLATOTerm99 for TI-99/4A now accessible via TIPI

tschak909

It's still in development, lots of bugs, which I am actively squashing, but in the interest of keeping everything compulsively public, I am copying (and updating) the latest build of PLATOTerm99 onto IRATA.ONLINE's web server, which can be loaded directly via TIPI, here:

TIPI.http://ti99.irata.online/PLATO

Currently, it is set to automatically connect to IRATA.ONLINE. Just run it.

Thanks to arcadeshopper for helping me test and make sure that it works enough for basic use. Thanks to jedimatt42 and the guys working on tipi for making an excellent device and ecosystem.

Thanks to everyone who will be testing.

The key map can be seen here, scroll down:

http://github.com/tschak909/platoterm99

Enjoy, it will be seeing rapid polishing over the next couple of weeks, especially once my TIPI/32K arrives.

-Thom

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 4

cool ok :)

I will be debugging the terminal like crazy over the next couple of weeks, lots of polishing, especially once I get my actual hardware in shape.

(waiting on my TIPI/32K)

post-9462-0-12448400-1547863401_thumb.jpg

post-9462-0-42217900-1547863416_thumb.jpg

(and yeah, I am buying and borrowing hardware specifically for this project)

-Thom

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

When you enter your password, it displays 2 X's for each keystroke. Is that what you are experiencing?

See, that is what I thought I was seeing, but, no... not every character returns two Xes.  I am concerned that whatever I type may not get recorded as expected.  Maybe it is just my system.  I will try on another computer later.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 12:32 PM, OLD CS1 said:

See, that is what I thought I was seeing, but, no... not every character returns two Xes.  I am concerned that whatever I type may not get recorded as expected.  Maybe it is just my system.  I will try on another computer later.

Okay, just tried on another computer.  I am still getting the sporadic behavior with the Xes.

54 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Okay, just tried on another computer.  I am still getting the sporadic behavior with the Xes.

Sigh, GUYS... This is deliberate! The PLATO system does this to obfuscate the number of keypresses actually pressed. Please keep in mind, this was originally deployed in large classrooms .

-Thom

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Sigh, GUYS... This is deliberate!

Relieving.

44 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Please keep in mind, this was originally deployed in large classrooms .

My lame schools never had such luxuries :P

BTW, I blame everyone here who has used the system for letting me founder like this... YOU went through this process, YOU experienced it, and YOU did not tell me?  Just snickered, pointing at me, waiting for me to get corrected.  Some friends.  (I love you guys, this is exactly what I would do.)

1 hour ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Did you just Rush your test results? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

BTW, I blame everyone here who has used the system for letting me founder like this... YOU went through this process, YOU experienced it, and YOU did not tell me?  Just snickered, pointing at me, waiting for me to get corrected.  Some friends.  (I love you guys, this is exactly what I would do.)

Nelson-ha-ha GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 3