IGNORED

Magellan

BuckoBrand

Yes, Magellan has all the functionality required to create F18A graphics.

Here is another, well known example of F18A graphics.

However, getting these graphics onto the TI-99/4A requires assembly language until somebody writes a BASIC support library.

:o

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Ooh, cool thread idea.  Glad it got resurrected. 

In the spirit of it, here's the main background art associated with my current project, which is an RS-232 based game system control, selection and management system and launcher for my favourite systems, whose sprite/background graphics were designed principally in Magellan:

-_Cw6hG9oq6MfpctyHnUVhjQKnpAG5gHZDDw3JcMXNDGGxmIpkf4MfCZ8qd_67GK68DSAvctPSPDXA9enb9V5uPMYv8-ssDW9djDawEDWWdKWaXon52SHWO8Sly9pSfJF_F4cibW

• Like 1

Those icons are pretty cool.  "Someday", I don't know when, but I'm thinking there will eventually be a "Windows-Like" operating system that resides 100% in the FinalGROM that works with the F18A MK2.  (Sure, maybe some data files might reside on DSK1 or in a TIPI subdirectory.)  I dunno if it'll also exploit the SAMS card, but I'm thinking such a "Windows-Like" system will be the final evolution of our systems before all us TI'ers die off from old age.

Yeah, I’d love to see more exploration of what GUIs designed even using standard mode 9918A assets might look like, taken to their most lavish extreme.  And it does seem like a TIPI mouse is one inspiration towards exploring that. Since there’s not much excuse for exploring any complicated GUI designs if you’re just doing everything with key input anyway.  

Basically, I find my apparently perverse imagination asking “what does Microsoft Bob for the TI-99/4A look like?”  

22 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

Yeah, I’d love to see more exploration of what GUIs designed even using standard mode 9918A assets might look like, taken to their most lavish extreme.  And it does seem like a TIPI mouse is one inspiration towards exploring that. Since there’s not much excuse for exploring any complicated GUI designs if you’re just doing everything with key input anyway.  

Basically, I find my apparently perverse imagination asking “what does Microsoft Bob for the TI-99/4A look like?”  

A decent GUI is like the "Holy Grail" in my TI book. 

Yes, many of us already use TIPI's, so mouse support........................................................ CHECK!

Yes, many of us already use F18A's, so decent color graphic interface possible..... CHECK!

Yes, many of us already use FG99's so a place to stick a large GUI program............ CHECK!

I don't know how large a GUI would need to be, but the FG99 can support up to one megabyte programs.  If it's setup anything like 4A/DOS or Force  Command, it would return automatically to the GUI after exiting any program.  I'm sure ICONS and other user specific data would be stored in a subdirectory on the RPi.  I imagine a Windows 1.0 like environment could be possible.

Right now we have a pretty cool DOS called Force Command by Jedimatt42, and that will probably remain my main environment until a decent GUI is delivered unto us by one of the TI Gods.

• 1 month later...

This tileset is re-using some of the ideas from the F18A tileset I posted about a year ago (e.g. the stairs), but it's now good old 9918A only. I'm considering if I want to use this for a new (scrolling - but not smoothly) platform game, or I want to try make another, perhaps ancient Egyptian, tileset. Hmm, perhaps both.

map.png

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 6

Recreating Bruce Lee on the TI native mode, I have most of the levels complete, only the Boss Treasure room and the level before it are unfinished, these are a couple screens, with the exception of the title screen the other levels use the same character set with palette changes 

cc2DHIL.png

riuLWW1.png

eGCIEt8.png

5WU69pK.png

UDjrEds.png

8Po37ZX.png

AXon0TI.png

Edited by LASooner
  • Like 8