Sign in to follow this  
memelord

my C64 mini can't install new games.

i put my USB stick in with the 3 Project Firestart disk images on it, but the USB symbol did not appear. i tried using basic to install it, but whenever i type in List i just get some text that says '"READONLY'. and i can't load it because if i do, it asks me to press play on the non-existent tape because it's a usb stick. i thought it was my firmware, so i downloaded the latest firmware off the official website and when i go to system information, it says "no firmware update found" for some reason. so i used a DIFFERENT usb stick and it STILL didn't work. how do i fix this?

Probably just needs to be formatted with FAT32. This is from thec64.com website:

"Ensure that your USB memory stick is formatted using FAT32 (with MBR), else your upgrade file will not be detected. See the FAQ for further details."

looked it up. anyways, even after formating with fat32, it STILL wont show up and i still get the READONLY text in basic. how do i fix this? do i have to break it?

You are likely not being ignored. I have nothing to offer on this since I do not use the BASIC on the C64 Mini, so I did not figure to reply. Plus, I am not really certain given your description of what exactly you are trying to do.

If you tried several different USB sticks and it is still not working, I would go to the thec64.com and send them a message. You can go to their Facebook site if you have a facebook account and send them a direct message. They have always answered my queries.