IGNORED

Food Fight! My Review...

gorfcadet

Thanks again for all of you who have been checking out my work. I know my channel isn't always Atari stuff, but it is one of my favorite childhood addictions and I really appreciate you all supporting what I do and giving feedback. I started doing these to force myself to play a lot of my games that I just put in the collection but never played. Food Fight is not one of those games. I don't know how we got it back in the day, because I had never heard of it before it was under our Christmas tree, but next to Joust, this was THE 7800 title that we played most.

What do you guys and gals think of Food Fight? My Dad used to say we were playing the Animal House game because of the cafeteria scene and Bluto yelling "food fight!" I actually prefer this version to the arcade game now that I've finally played it all these years later.

Anyway, love sharing gaming memories with you all!

P.S.

I have my Xenophobe and Touchdown Football reviews uploading and scheduled so those will be coming up soon. I can't wait to be able to video Baby Pac, the XM, and Rikki and Vikki. Of course, at this point, I'm waiting on my tax return so I can pick up Froggie, Mappy, and a few more from Al. Good time to be an old retro nerd! :)

• Like 6

Another great review! I'm really enjoying these. Food Fight is a great reason to own a 7800 since it's unique to that console.

It does exist elsewhere. ;)

A butchered, frame skipping, choppy mess; however, it exists for the XEGS console nonetheless.

I actually prefer this version to the arcade game now that I've finally played it all these years later.

One huge plus for the 7800 port is it was designed for a digital joystick, as opposed to the self-centering, dual potentiometers, analog joystick of the Arcade original (Analog self-centering thumb stick do work relatively well though).

To make it play nicer, or at least as nice as I could get it to play under MAME with a digital stick, there are a couple of captures in the below spoiler. One capture highlights the 'Analog' settings and the other specific 'Inputs' utilized. The former being the more crucial of the two:

post-18-0-80683400-1548037226.pngpost-18-0-99169000-1548037234.png

• Like 2

It does exist elsewhere. ;)

A butchered, frame skipping, choppy mess; however, it exists for the XEGS console nonetheless.

One huge plus for the 7800 port is it was designed for a digital joystick, as opposed to the self-centering, dual potentiometers, analog joystick of the Arcade original (Analog self-centering thumb stick do work relatively well though).

To make it play nicer, or at least as nice as I could get it to play under MAME with a digital stick, there are a couple of captures in the below spoiler. One capture highlights the 'Analog' settings and the other specific 'Inputs' utilized. The former being the more crucial of the two:

I will be using those settings in my multicade! Thank you good sir!

• Like 1

I know there was a thread I want to say a year or more back where this was looked into and I'm not sure that the actual triggers were ever found. But yes it does happen most often on the watermelon stages. Also I've found that taking out a lot of chefs and having a lot of near miss hits on you and getting that ice cream near the end helps.

My gut tells me it is likely tied to score points during a round and that is easiest on the watermelon stage due to it being an endless supply of food to toss on those stages.

I know there was a thread I want to say a year or more back where this was looked into and I'm not sure that the actual triggers were ever found. But yes it does happen most often on the watermelon stages. Also I've found that taking out a lot of chefs and having a lot of near miss hits on you and getting that ice cream near the end helps.

My gut tells me it is likely tied to score points during a round and that is easiest on the watermelon stage due to it being an endless supply of food to toss on those stages.

Here you go...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/86042-food-fight-getting-instant-replay/?hl=%2Binstant+%2Breplay&do=findComment&comment=1643684