IGNORED

Enabling music & sound FX mixing within Jaguar Doom source.

DEATH

Awesome work guys. Seriously, someone tweet this progress to John!

Here is Carmack talking about the Jaguar in reference to Wolf 3D. 18:39 & 19:37 mark.

"The Jaguar version was probably my favorite" ... then references shoulder buttons. Odd. Must've planned for them then came up with hold button scheme.

I've heard him praise Doom on Jag also but can't find it. He mentioned programming it in a cabin IIRC. I know he does get away coding sessions. 

Hope you guys found that as interesting as I did.

• Like 3

Great work here guys. Perhaps... anything that doesn't fit into a 4mb ROM release could be released as a larger downloadable ROM for JagSD/Skunk users.  Perhaps a physical SD release if you're selling £ it.

Are they all 'original' maps that you will include in the release... from the original Doom 1 and Doom 2 (and level pack) releases for the PC...? Or some 'home made' maps too perhaps?

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2019 at 7:38 AM, CyranoJ said:

Isn't it with Bethesda now? Want to get 100% fixed network code in here, already have the straff stuff.

The broken network code pissed me off so bad back in the day.  My brother and I both bought Jaguars and Doom and I had the Jag Link.... and then it would reset... still have a second copy of Doom and the JagLink.  Don't have a second Jag anymore...