IGNORED

Unreleased Jaguar Games.

jenovi

On 7/31/2021 at 9:10 PM, JagChris said:

Battle wheels. There's another jackass decision.

Remember Rob Nicholoson of Handmade Software saying this about Atari and the Lynx? 

"Loopz was the obvious game that never made it to market. Audiogenic I think was the publisher. The brief for that game was one of the best I'd worked from. I loved puzzle games but Atari once again didn't see that as their market."

Atari didn't see puzzle games as a market for the handheld systems, yet Tetris on Gameboy and Columns on Game Gear anyone? 

Were they even looking at what worked on console at the time of the Lynx, then Jaguar or what? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

... no music in most games ...

Just skimming through the list, I recall almost all games having music when it would be appropriate. Some such as AvP have sound effects; I'm not sure how well disco jams would work in that one. It would appear that "'Doom' lacks in-game music" has been extrapolated to "no music in most games."

59 minutes ago, Editorb said:

Just skimming through the list, I recall almost all games having music when it would be appropriate. Some such as AvP have sound effects; I'm not sure how well disco jams would work in that one. It would appear that "'Doom' lacks in-game music" has been extrapolated to "no music in most games."

Now ? WHERE would i get an idea like that from? From Google? Duckduckgo? Or...

Really doom couldn't because they used all 3 jag chips i heard for math and graphics. So no music in doom, or checkered flag right like a 3 second loop if any, OR avp, OR cybermorph in level where that music OR alot of games. Not just doom bro.

Name me a game besides tempest2000 or defender with alot of sound fx, full level near cd sound quality soundtracks great overall sound etc on cart. Im telling you most ooppss many lack full soundtracks. The heck man sor1 and 2 and revenge of shinobi on genesis damn near beats entire jag library. The ambient atmosphere was programmers lacking time or knowledge to use music chip or just felt it was good enough. But let's list :

Air Cars
Attack of the Mutant Penguins
AVP**
Cannon Fodder**
Cybermorph
DOOM
Fever Pitch Soccer

Flashback**

International Sensible Soccer**
Iron Soldier 2 cart (original CD version had in-game music)
Total Carnage
Trevor McFur
Troy Aikman Football
AVP and Cannon Fodder feature ambience/sounds as background audio.

Lol maybe you would put techno or disco or Moby greatest hits in avp ;)

Edit : Sorry for typos i type fast vs 5 haters in many threads here on an andriod with no auto correct. Luv my s9, not turning auto on. Like the lulz from you guys the Google myths and fpga myths and faculty errors and what not lol cuz I typo means a lie right ;)

Edited by ataritiger

2 hours ago, ataritiger said:

Air Cars
Attack of the Mutant Penguins
AVP**
Cannon Fodder**
Cybermorph
DOOM
Fever Pitch Soccer

Flashback**

International Sensible Soccer**
Iron Soldier 2 cart (original CD version had in-game music)
Total Carnage
Trevor McFur
Troy Aikman Football
AVP and Cannon Fodder feature ambience/sounds as background audio.

Yep, that list you have there is "most games" for sure.  Could you be more comprehensive please?  I really want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes about the nefarious artists, programmers and companies that spent a significant chunk of their lives to make people 30 years later feel ripped off.  At least there is one beautiful, hope filled, thoughtful, glimmer of light in our fume filled pit of Jag obsessed disrepair.?

Seriously though, who would of guessed that one day we would hear music, and see that status bar in its proper position, in Jag Doom?  Our favorite cat might be a bit quiet, like most cats are, but it's a great time to have a Jag.  Just as it was 27 years ago.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ataritiger said:

Really doom couldn't because they used all 3 jag chips i heard for math and graphics. So no music in doom, or checkered flag right like a 3 second loop if any, OR avp, OR cybermorph in level where that music OR alot of games. Not just doom bro.

Name me a game besides tempest2000 or defender with alot of sound fx, full level near cd sound quality soundtracks great overall sound etc on cart.

Excellent research there on both counts. 

Well done. 

Top notch stuff 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, BitJag said:

Yep, that list you have there is "most games" for sure.  Could you be more comprehensive please?  I really want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes about the nefarious artists, programmers and companies that spent a significant chunk of their lives to make people 30 years later feel ripped off.  At least there is one beautiful, hope filled, thoughtful, glimmer of light in our fume filled pit of Jag obsessed disrepair.?

Seriously though, who would of guessed that one day we would hear music, and see that status bar in its proper position, in Jag Doom?  Our favorite cat might be a bit quiet, like most cats are, but it's a great time to have a Jag.  Just as it was 27 years ago.

I did say most at first, then realized yall would ? cling on to that word so I said many or alot after that. Predicted pettiness. Those are alot of games without music though. List came from this site, with somebody else saying basically same thing. Then others. So cling on to his most, or the other forum members saying most (they meant alot of games) too.

Well if they made a jag doom fix rom or update patch cool, I think chilly willy made a 32x version with jag code too.

Screenshot_20210807-200601_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210807-200625_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ataritiger

16 hours ago, ataritiger said:

Atari was falling off a cliff when jag came out, so yes those games would be cool but they probably couldn't license some and it didn't matter the jag had bugs, no music in most games and most of its 3d couldn't do 24 to 30fps 

A few hours reading through some of the older threads on here might be the best advice. 

The issue of the Jaguar 3D performance, no music in Doom, Native etc is all covered. 

Recent additions to topics have explained why AVP didn't have the full orchestral score that was planned. 

The people here have a wealth of knowledge and have always been kind enough to share findings and explain things in depth. 

You won't find a greater resource than here. 

These are the very people coding on the hardware, they know it inside out. 

13 hours ago, BitJag said:

Don't waste your time... he is just trolling. 

Everybody knows Football/Soccer games have usually no music. He is just bullshitting to irritate everyone.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Don't waste your time... he is just trolling. 

Everybody knows Football/Soccer games have usually no music. He is just bullshitting to irritate everyone.

Actually I'm not. Lostdragon gave a perfect post, yall can learn from that. Instead of following me in every thread I post in and being a swarm of negative gnats.

Again, I think panther with cart games like avp (if it could) doom, wolf3d, nbajamte and tempest2000 and etc would have done decent in 1993. Then 2 years later announce jag duo with cd games like fight for life (instead of cart) iron soldier ? checkered flag on cd finished lol and just games WITH music etc. Might have helped a bit.

Not sure if cybermorph would have ran on panther like almost everyone says, but I wouldn't have even released that game. Or way of warrior. Just games that are good like rayman and build 3rd party for jag duo.

1 hour ago, CyranoJ said:

Nah mate, Chilly Willy is where its at.

Whats wrong with chilly willy? I don't care if some people made jaguar games in 90s but act like gnats to me now, I prefer mature post like lostdragon etc and convo I was having with other before hate squad popped up. Says alot when it takes 10 people to hate on me but can't back up what they say and fail to troll me when I type back and show them a mirror. So I will do my best to not even reply to them, they should do same for me. Above post i posted my opinion on panther in 1993 I think its a valid point.

14 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Actually I'm not. Lostdragon gave a perfect post, yall can learn from that. Instead of following me in every thread I post in and being a swarm of negative gnats.

Again, I think panther with cart games like avp (if it could) doom, wolf3d, nbajamte and tempest2000 and etc would have done decent in 1993. Then 2 years later announce jag duo with cd games like fight for life (instead of cart) iron soldier ? checkered flag on cd finished lol and just games WITH music etc. Might have helped a bit.

Not sure if cybermorph would have ran on panther like almost everyone says, but I wouldn't have even released that game. Or way of warrior. Just games that are good like rayman and build 3rd party for jag duo.

Maybe you should learn to read. LostDragon just debunked your claims about the Panther in the other thread. Now you repeating the same bullshit here, like a broken record. You are not only completely clueless but also unwilling to learn anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Maybe you should learn to read. LostDragon just debunked your claims about the Panther in the other thread. Now you repeating the same bullshit here, like a broken record. You are not only completely clueless but also unwilling to learn anything. 

He did? Not easy I been spending my time typing against 5 gnats, let me go re read it.

Edited by ataritiger

Just now, agradeneu said:

Go ask him! 

He said the vhs footage of cybermorph ? beta or demo for jag was passed off as panther footage. So that means cyber was never started on panther at all. Perhaps ok. That means panther can't do 3d? Cuz thats what was said to me.

Just now, ataritiger said:

He said the vhs footage of cybermorph ? beta or demo for jag was passed off as panther footage. So that means cyber was never started on panther at all. Perhaps ok. That means panther can't do 3d? Cuz thats what was said to me.

You are getting closer. 

3 hours ago, ataritiger said:

Did he work on panther and jaguar or cybermorph or just made threads and did interviews about it? So he knows 100% cybermorph was never started on panther or you know panther couldn't do 3d?

Everything I had read about Panther said it was pretty much an incomplete and broken system, and since they had a more stable system coming out of the Jaguar development, they killed off the Panther project. 

I mean they could have also just stripped out the Falcon's hardware and released a game system based on that.  But they didn't, so any thoughts that they should have are kind of moot, right?  We got what we got in the form of the Jaguar.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leech said:

Everything I had read about Panther said it was pretty much an incomplete and broken system, and since they had a more stable system coming out of the Jaguar development, they killed off the Panther project. 

I mean they could have also just stripped out the Falcon's hardware and released a game system based on that.  But they didn't, so any thoughts that they should have are kind of moot, right?  We got what we got in the form of the Jaguar.

Ok fair enough. I was just asking if 3d simple polygons was possible on panther. Articles and leak specs probably by Hasbro in 2005 or so suggest so. Even chilly willy broke it down in my screenshot.

"Again, I think panther with cart games like avp (if it could) doom, wolf3d, nbajamte and tempest2000 and etc would have done decent in 1993. Non textured polygon or not many reg polygon games, just mainly 2d and pseudo 3d games.. Then 2 years later announce jag duo with cd games like fight for life (instead of cart) iron soldier ? checkered flag on cd finished lol and just games WITH music etc. Might have helped a bit.

Not sure if cybermorph would have ran on panther like almost everyone says, but- I wouldn't have even released that game. Or way of warrior. Just games that are good and finished  like rayman and build more 3rd party for jag duo so Sega game could have came, yes virtua racing reported in video, capcom, treasure, Konami and others."

Edited by ataritiger

5 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Ok fair enough. I was just asking if 3d simple polygons was possible on panther. Articles and leak specs probably by Hasbro in 2005 or so suggest so. Even chilly willy broke it down in my screenshot.

The Atari ST could do simple polygons...

1 minute ago, leech said:

The Atari ST could do simple polygons...

Very cool. Im unaware of st polygon games ported to jag by homebrewers from st or st fps of those games.

Technically genesis and snes can too, but chips improve things by 10x but still things lack, starfox was still like 15fps and virtua racing had alot cut out of it but its svp polygons and fps crushed sfx chip.

Was just asking with panther specs provided if was better than md or snes polygon fps.