jenovi

Unreleased Jaguar Games.

4 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

Last lot of Freelancer, plus the most bizzare press claim about hidden Easter Egg for a topless female character Fight For Life... 

page14-419px-VideoGames_DE_1995-07_pdf.jpg.6bc0a718f0d43bb614e43d9b79c37f08.jpg

Gamefan_Vol_2_Issue_05_0135.thumb.jpg.739a7d5fbcde2f37c715c9edf5e92764.jpg

IMG_1993.JPG

Blocky boobs FTW?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, leech said:

Blocky boobs FTW?

😅 Almost puts the infamous Tomb Raider nude cheat April's Fool joke UK press ran, into perspective. 

If someone like Arcade Attack could put this clipping to Darryl Still and have it confirmed or denied he said it, that'd be great. 

If he did, did he expect it to get printed i wonder? 

I know Atari UK was on it's last legs, but... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha that comment would get him cancelled these days.

Did Freelancer ever come out for anything?

Good work LD

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Hahaha that comment would get him cancelled these days.

Did Freelancer ever come out for anything?

Good work LD

Your far too kind. 

The original plan was for GTW to do a professional write up on Freelancer  to follow the Space Junk article i would just provide the very rough material, but Frank has such a huge backlog of Games to cover and i am doing a HDD purge of old materials, thought i might as well throw every out here and now. 

Freelancer was annouced for:

PC CD and seemingly the version Furthest in development code running using Argonaut's BRender software, but even on a 486 PC, it was running badly. 

Intro fully done 

But this version used for screens in the UK and French Press, PC CD and Jaguar CD. 

As much as I know about Jaguar version, I have shared. 

The stop motion animator never replied to my enquiry about his work on it, rather telling 😂

The Amiga version seems to be another Lobo from Ocean type scenario, annouce it initially on that platform then swiftly move it onto other platforms, no coding done 

Last we knew, the games Producer not coder as Martin Hooley has claimed took it with him, when he left Imagitec and joined Gremlin, tried to get them to develop it on Playstation and there it finally died. 

There's enough here now if likes of Jenovi want to include it on Future Videos. 

Edited by Lostdragon

Never played a single Zork title in my life, so never really followed the progress, if there was any, of the planned Jaguar game, it just seemed to join the Sega CD version, annouced and then nothing. 

Seem to remember a brief battle of words between Bill Rehbock and Activision in the UK press, Bill claiming work had started, Activision saying it hadn't?? 

IMG_1995.JPG

• Like 1

A few other odds n sods, including Martin Hooley's original statement to myself, regarding Jag CD Freelancer being canned, a statement he changed in the years that followed.. 

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

• Thanks 1

I just remembered the Atari guys once in charge of NUON then also turned down Native on the it.

What a bunch of morons

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JagChris said:

I just remembered the Atari guys once in charge of NUON then also turned down Native on the it.

What a bunch of morons

Complete side note, but did the sequel to Atari Karts, Merlin Racing, really get split into 3 seperste titles on Playstation?

Rascal Racers, XS Airboat Racing and Miracle Space Race? 

14 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

Complete side note, but did the sequel to Atari Karts, Merlin Racing, really get split into 3 seperste titles on Playstation?

Rascal Racers, XS Airboat Racing and Miracle Space Race? 

I'm gonna put it this way: each release by Miracle Designs was a module from Merlin Racing (Rascal=Kart/XS=Boat/Space=Hover). They could've ported Merlin Racing to PS1 but Miracle went for the cheapest solution and made what they did.

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 1