jenovi

Unreleased Jaguar Games.

13 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Ok let us know if anything changes for you. The reports are sounding Apocalyptic.

If anything changes I'll be sure to log into AA and report on it before moving my family and myself to safety... :)  (Thanks, I do appreciate the sentiment, though)

It is really bad, luckily not here around me. Here's some overlays for perspective:

ENKA3ziUYAA1wsV.png

ENKA3zuUYAAnmEs.png

• Sad 2

Oh you're in Arkansas. You'll be fine. Worst thing you'll have to worry about is hillbillies 😂

• Like 1

In all seriousness  though, it's really horrific. And all those poor animals dying. It's heartbreaking.

Take care of yourself.

PlayStation AVP was mentioned in this thread so might as well pop this in here as well as the other thread:

Skip to 2:05

Apparently the canned PlayStation version running. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

PlayStation AVP was mentioned in this thread so might as well pop this in here as well as the other thread:

Skip to 2:05

Apparently the canned PlayStation version running. 

2:05:30

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jguff said:

2:05:30

Whoops, yeah should of put that on, long video to search through else.

My bad, knew I forgot something 

I actually planned to do an article about Imagitec's fabled Freelancer 2120 but that will have to wait. Instead, here's some magazines scans i found online a time ago in chronological order + some links. Two of them are the ones hosted on abandonware.org, while others are much less seen or talked about. I'm not including the GamesMaster one, since that one is pretty much seen elsewhere...:

- Joystick (#42/October 1993): https://www.abandonware-magazines.org/affiche_mag.php?mag=30&num=592&album=oui
- DieHard GameFan (Vol. 2, #5/April 1994)
- DieHard GameFan (Vol. 2, #6/May 1994)
- Video Games (#30/May 1994): https://retrocdn.net/index.php?title=File%3AVideoGames_DE_1994-05.pdf&page=38
- Video Games (#44/July 1995): https://retrocdn.net/index.php?title=File:VideoGames_DE_1995-07.pdf&page=14

Joystick%20042%20-%20Page%20%20081%20(octobre%201993).jpg

Joystick%20042%20-%20Page%20%20082%20(octobre%201993).jpg

Gamefan_Vol_2_Issue_05_0135.jpg

Gamefan_Vol_2_Issue_06_0131.jpg

page38-419px-VideoGames_DE_1994-05_pdf.jpg

page39-420px-VideoGames_DE_1994-05_pdf.jpg

page14-419px-VideoGames_DE_1995-07_pdf.jpg

Nice one, the french magazine has screenshots I haven't seen yet. Thanks for sharing.

Currently, i'm trying to rebuild the magazine album collection at Jeffrey's new Facebook group. While doing so, i found this piece of information on french magazine CD Consoles, which states what titles Williams Brothers Developments were doing for the Atari Jaguar. It's really enlightening... (P.S.: Only Sensible Soccer came out from them via Telegames)

Page%20020.jpg

Edited by KidGameR186496
Added additional information.

5 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

Currently, i'm trying to rebuild the magazine album collection at Jeffrey's new Facebook group.

A website or a static forum page is better than the crapfest that is facebook for this stuff. In a few posts it will have scrolled off into the abyss and be lost.

• Like 4

Also the translation is basically "Williams intend doing these titles.... The first will be out by telegames. They'll look for partners when the rest are finished" so..... No real info on actual development, timelines, unattributed source. 

It highlights the problem with solely using magazine quotes as "proof" unfortunately. 

Edited by Welshworrier
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 2:45 AM, KidGameR186496 said:

I actually planned to do an article about Imagitec's fabled Freelancer 2120 but that will have to wait. Instead, here's some magazines scans i found online a time ago in chronological order + some links. Two of them are the ones hosted on abandonware.org, while others are much less seen or talked about. I'm not including the GamesMaster one, since that one is pretty much seen elsewhere...:

- Joystick (#42/October 1993): https://www.abandonware-magazines.org/affiche_mag.php?mag=30&num=592&album=oui
- DieHard GameFan (Vol. 2, #5/April 1994)
- DieHard GameFan (Vol. 2, #6/May 1994)
- Video Games (#30/May 1994): https://retrocdn.net/index.php?title=File%3AVideoGames_DE_1994-05.pdf&page=38
- Video Games (#44/July 1995): https://retrocdn.net/index.php?title=File:VideoGames_DE_1995-07.pdf&page=14

Joystick%20042%20-%20Page%20%20081%20(octobre%201993).jpg

Joystick%20042%20-%20Page%20%20082%20(octobre%201993).jpg

Gamefan_Vol_2_Issue_05_0135.jpg

Gamefan_Vol_2_Issue_06_0131.jpg

page38-419px-VideoGames_DE_1994-05_pdf.jpg

page39-420px-VideoGames_DE_1994-05_pdf.jpg

page14-419px-VideoGames_DE_1995-07_pdf.jpg

As I'm sure you've been told previously :

1. The first 2 pictures are taking about pc version (it's on the box at the start of the article. 

2. The next 2 are the discredited Europa article where they retracted the announcements in the next issue e.g. Shadow. It also says "if they can maintain the 25fps of the pc version" - meaning it's all supposition, they don't know what it's going to look and run like. 

3. The last 3 are a rewrite of a lot of what's in the first 2 pages (the pc version) and uses the same pictures in most cases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Welshworrier said:

As I'm sure you've been told previously :

1. The first 2 pictures are taking about pc version (it's on the box at the start of the article. 

2. The next 2 are the discredited Europa article where they retracted the announcements in the next issue e.g. Shadow. It also says "if they can maintain the 25fps of the pc version" - meaning it's all supposition, they don't know what it's going to look and run like. 

3. The last 3 are a rewrite of a lot of what's in the first 2 pages (the pc version) and uses the same pictures in most cases. 

The Freelancer Story has pretty much been covered to death as is.

If people are going off Press coverage, then you'd have to include Imagitec Design announcing it for the Amiga originally :-)) 

Your then left with Piglet mini-interview in Atari Entertainment Magazine.

Andrew Seed talking to Atari Explorer about how (badly)  PC version was running using Argonaut BRrender technology 

French website using PC screens

The Gamesmaster Magazine preview (PC screens) 

Serial bullshitter Martin Hooley telling myself in Ultimate Future Games magazine one version of events as to why it was cancelled and RG magazine another years later.

Shaun Mcclure kindly explaining the utter,utter nightmare the PC version was due to the assigned producer who took the game concept with him to Gremlin 

The Atari Corp documents giving it's status and that Imagitec had taken delivery of the Jaguar Doom

Engine for the Jaguar version 

And the stop-motion model maker website with him unwilling to talk about work on the game.

The only real story would relate the PC version as at least that was up and running.