IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 2 - Carnival

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Round 2 Season 12

957.png8.jpg32.png

Game Information

Game Name: Carnival

Released by: Arcade: Sega 1980. CV: Coleco/CBS 1982.

Settings: Skill 2

CV HSC High Score: Skill 2 -101,630 duncantomi (10/2008 HSC2).

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/carnival%20manual.pdf

This game was chosen by DuggerVideoGames

Carnival Bonus Points: Play the game post a score= +3

Score 10,000= +2, Score 25,000= +3, Score 40,000= +4, Score 65,000= +5, Score 85,000 and up = +7

Break or set a new CV HSC High Score= +10

Everyone who Rolls the score receives 100 points for the round. The player with the highest score after rollage at rounds end, will be awarded another 10 points.

Round Ends: Tuesday January 29th at Noon(EST)

Everyone who posts a score throughout the season will be entered into a drawing at seasons end for a special prize!

The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well. Season 12 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rules/

our-vision.JPG

Good Luck!

Carnival Scores

1)133,200 DuggerVideoGames +3 +7 +10 +10 Rollage! Record Breaker & Record Setter :-o

2)108,820 Ikrananka +3 +7 +10 Rollage! Record Breaker :-o

3)102,580 Bmack36 +3 +7 +10 Rollage! Record Breaker :-o

4)  58,900 digress +3 +4

5)  51,410 Downland1983 +3 +4

6)  32,920 darthkur +3 +3

7)  30,070 jblenkle +3 +3

8)   26,440 bowlstir +3 +3

9)  19,980 SpiceWare +3 +2

10)  12,160 S.BAZ +3 +2

11)  11,000 ed1475 +3 +2

Round 2 Totals - Including Bonus Points

1){130} DuggerVideoGames

2){120} Ikrananka

3){120} Bmack36

4) {66}  digress

5) {58}  Downland1983

6) {39}  darthkur

7) {36}  jblenkle

8)  {32}  bowlstir

9) {25}  SpiceWare

10) {17}  S.BAZ

11) {16}  ed1475

carnival-1982.rom

Carnival [skill 2]: 209,870 pts.

Made a video for this one because the score rolls over to zeroes at 100k. Sometimes the bonus stage acted weird and the bullet wouldn't go far enough to hit the bears at all.

100k happens after 18:40
200k happens after 32:35

• Like 1

Sometimes the bonus stage acted weird and the bullet wouldn't go far enough to hit the bears at all.

Seems like bad emulation. I know the issue happened at one point on the phoenix code but was later fixed. When it does that you are actually getting points for each shot fired. I think the game assumes you are still hitting the lower bear which has already gone off the screen, so your score really jumps with a bunch of shots.

Carnival [skill 2]: 117,240 pts

Played poorly in this session as I often shot the B-O-N-U-S letters out of order (costing me thousands in missed points). Nevertheless, I decided I'd do this session without firing a shot at the bears in the bonus stages (due to how oddly the bonus stages acted in my other video). If NCG is fine with it, I'd like this score to replace my previous score. Despite not firing at the bears, I still managed to get a rollover.

Note: 100k rollover happens moments after 19:42 in the video.

• Like 1

Carnival [skill 2]: 133,200 pts

No shots were fired at the bears during the bonus stages. 100k rollover happens moments after 19:05 in the video. There was only one duck remaining on the screen and I fired my final bullet at it, only to have a second duck appear just before my bullet hits the other one, thus causing a game over. :rolling:

Carnival [skill 2]: 133,200 pts

No shots were fired at the bears during the bonus stages. 100k rollover happens moments after 19:05 in the video. There was only one duck remaining on the screen and I fired my final bullet at it, only to have a second duck appear just before my bullet hits the other one, thus causing a game over. :rolling:

I'm just curious, but what emulator are you playing the game on? I'm only asking out of interest to know which emulator has this issue with the bullets on the bears screen.

I'm just curious, but what emulator are you playing the game on? I'm only asking out of interest to know which emulator has this issue with the bullets on the bears screen.

ColEm 4.0 is the one I use (Windows PC version, by the way). I forget the name of the old one I used so many years ago, but too many games would never start/work on the older ones (Canival, Smurf Rescue, etc.). Others have been listed as unsafe by my antiviru software (BlueMSX, for instance), so ColEm is what I always use because so many games work on it and I've never had issues with it. The homebrew games that require the Super Game Module sadly do not work on ColEm, however.

ColEm 4.0 is the one I use (Windows PC version, by the way). I forget the name of the old one I used so many years ago, but too many games would never start/work on the older ones (Canival, Smurf Rescue, etc.). Others have been listed as unsafe by my antiviru software (BlueMSX, for instance), so ColEm is what I always use because so many games work on it and I've never had issues with it. The homebrew games that require the Super Game Module sadly do not work on ColEm, however.

I use a mixture of ColEm and CoolCV for emulation. I tested Carnival on ColEm 4.6 (Windows PC version) and it still exhibits the bug on the bears stage (I'll let the developer know). I tried CoolCV 0.6.6 and the bug is NOT present. BTW - CoolCV can also play SGM games :)

SGM games work on ColEm. Enable "Hardware | Super Game Module" option.