IGNORED

AtGames 2019 speculation thread

Press Release: AtGames Digital Media Inc. has announced that iconic video games from Disney and Lucasfilm will be featured in their upcoming products

Fans can expect classic games from beloved properties like Disney’s Donald Duck, Tron, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ The Jungle Book, The Lion King and Wreck-It Ralph, as well as games from Lucasfilm’s legendary Star Wars games portfolio. The games will appear on AtGames products including the full-size Legends Ultimate Home Arcade machine, Blast! family plug-n-play micro-console and wireless controller bundles, retro consoles, and portables. More details, including pricing, full game lineup and availability will be announced soon.

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features more than 250 built-in arcade and home games, including a range of classic Disney and Star Wars game properties and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, a trackball controller, and a built-in, low latency, high definition LCD. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The Blast! series of plug-n-play micro-console and wireless controller bundles feature a curated selection of classic titles unique to each model. Every Blast! includes high definition video output, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

“These new products offer families everywhere a way to experience some of the greatest classic Disney and Star Wars games in unique ways,” says Dr. Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “We’re delighted that Disney and Lucasfilm’s iconic properties are a key part of this exciting line-up of family-friendly products.”

PNP market killer, you guys will make bank. I pitched this idea to a couple of companies back in 2014/2015 but they brushed it off :(. Kudos to you guys.

• 1 month later...

Here are all the latest posts on the Legends Ultimate arcade machine, in its own thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284076-atgames-officially-unveils-legends-ultimate-home-arcade-full-size-machine/?p=4284328

Since it's a 2019 AtGames product, of course feel free to discuss it here as well I guess.

D75ibPDXYAAkne1.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There are some interesting ideas about enabling use of previously-purchased games there. Bill, do you know if the unit will detect plug-ins like the "Boom" and unlock everything on that device from then on? Or only when plugged in? Either way, it's neat that this appears to be expandable and versatile.

There are some interesting ideas about enabling use of previously-purchased games there. Bill, do you know if the unit will detect plug-ins like the "Boom" and unlock everything on that device from then on? Or only when plugged in? Either way, it's neat that this appears to be expandable and versatile.

It has HDMI inputs and USB right on the panel, so once you plug a compatible plug and play in, you can use the onboard display and controls. It doesn't actually unlock anything within the machine. The "smarts" are in detecting a compatible unit and enabling the proper controls on the arcade panel. So you're playing the games from the external unit.

• Like 1

Can't wait to mod this thing. *ducks* Just kidding. Everything I'm hearing about it sounds very thoughtful to balance out the desires of a big range of people. There are a lot of clever ideas going into this. Price seems reasonable. I'd like to hear some audio along with the gameplay footage.

Can't wait to mod this thing. *ducks* Just kidding. Everything I'm hearing about it sounds very thoughtful to balance out the desires of a big range of people. There are a lot of clever ideas going into this. Price seems reasonable. I'd like to hear some audio along with the gameplay footage.

On the plus side, it's stereo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bmadgames said:

For the Flashback 9 Gold, I am guessing the paddles aren't coming since the 2019 stuff will be out soon? A serious disappointment in my opinion given that the 9 Gold was excellent otherwise.

I think everyone who wants them has decided to make their own from the standard 2600 paddles.

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Flashback X is Q4 like usual. So some time after September most likely.

Roman numeral, nice, serves two purposes as a number and letter!

My game guesses for the Disney/Lucasfilm license...

Donald Duck's Speedboat

Sorcerer's Apprentice

Adventures of Tron

Deadly Discs

Muppets Pigs in Space

Star Wars Death Star Battle

Jedi Arena

The Arcade Game

The Empire Strikes Back

Ewok Adventure

Edited by TrekkiELO
  • Like 2

I would love if At-Games improved on their Flashback 2 line that used an actual ASIC instead of software emulation.   Instead of composite add HDMI out.  The Flashback 2/2+ is a pretty great clone system, especially if you decide to add a cart port.

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I would love if At-Games improved on their Flashback 2 line that used an actual ASIC instead of software emulation.   Instead of composite add HDMI out.  The Flashback 2/2+ is a pretty great clone system, especially if you decide to add a cart port.

Not ours. We're the FB 3 on. The future is Stella emulation until FPGA's get inexpensive enough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Not ours. We're the FB 3 on. The future is Stella emulation until FPGA's get inexpensive enough.

When that day comes it will be fantastic.  Stella is solid emulation for sure, I actually think the creator frequents these boards, but yeah if the goal is hopefully to go full FPGA in the future then I'll 100% be on board.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

They've already added hdmi. I think Stella is fine. Only improvement I would like to see is it run a higher version of Stella. Or see the handheld eventually use Stella too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...