IGNORED

AtGames 2019 speculation thread

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Why do you say "God awful" when it can run most games?

Most? I must of heard wrong then. I heard some games had control issues, others  with sound and still other games have graphical glitches. I'm using the first original portable Flashback.

Edited by Mallard Games

On 8/13/2019 at 8:13 PM, Mallard Games said:

Most? I must of heard wrong then. I heard some games had control issues, others  with sound and still other games have graphical glitches. I'm using the first original portable Flashback.

Based on the massive SD card image available here on AtariAge, it seems good enough, particularly with some of the glitchy games hacked. Unfortunately, going Stella on the handheld would require far beefier hardware, which is not in the cards for this year. We'll see about next.

Based on the massive SD card image available here on AtariAge, it seems good enough, particularly with some of the glitchy games hacked. Unfortunately, going Stella on the handheld would require far beefier hardware, which is not in the cards for this year. We'll see about next.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and I absolutely love your product. I just wish we could have Stella considering we get the same exact emulator every year. Has the dev team considered updating their homegrown emulator this year?

11 minutes ago, Mallard Games said:
3 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and I absolutely love your product. I just wish we could have Stella considering we get the same exact emulator every year. Has the dev team considered updating their homegrown emulator this year?

I agree, it would be nice to see the handheld get a bump in specs and hardware design.  However, I am pretty happy overall with the 2018 model with the loaded up SD card that Arenafoot provides.  Trust me, having a handheld that (pretty much) perfectly emulates an original 2600 with 1k+ games should be plenty in most people's book.

52 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So with Sega doing their own classic edition copycat I take it atgames lost the license for doing their own unit this year for the console?  Anything in the cards on a handheld still?

Like last year, the new Legends Flashback console, which plays multiple systems, is the lead non-Atari console in 2019. No new non-Atari handheld for this year. There will be new Blast! units, new Atari and Legends Flashback consoles, and home arcade machines (full-size and compact), in addition to an Atari portable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mallard Games said:

Any idea when it will be available for on Amazon? I am currently undecided on if I should wait for the 2019 model or getting the 2018 model for testing my homebrew.

Our new products for the year always hit stores some time in the September to October timeframe.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 11:59 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

Like last year, the new Legends Flashback console, which plays multiple systems, is the lead non-Atari console in 2019.

I really like that system, even with just the games that came loaded on it.  It's nice to have a system that's not tied to any particular classic line, so you can have a couple "NES" Megaman games and some golden era arcade games like Galaga and Dig Dug sharing the same system as SF2.  I'm interested in their next lineup.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

Like last year, the new Legends Flashback console, which plays multiple systems, is the lead non-Atari console in 2019. No new non-Atari handheld for this year. There will be new Blast! units, new Atari and Legends Flashback consoles, and home arcade machines (full-size and compact), in addition to an Atari portable.

Please, please, please, please ... let it be the year they don't screw them up with the arcade/NES versiongate and the "small print" excuse ... obviously the 2018 promise to release the arcade edition shortly (well it was really in time for the holidays 2018 so that "nobody would notice") never happened .... maybe they kept them in warehouses untill this year where they may make amends.

13 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Please, please, please, please ... let it be the year they don't screw them up with the arcade/NES versiongate and the "small print" excuse ... obviously the 2018 promise to release the arcade edition shortly (well it was really in time for the holidays 2018 so that "nobody would notice") never happened .... maybe they kept them in warehouses untill this year where they may make amends.

It should all be good this year in that regard.

14 hours ago, Mallard Games said:

Are there any plans to provide a preorder option like the TurboGrafx-16 mini?

There were plans for one for the arcade machine, but it depends how close we get to the actual release date. There's not much point to have a pre-order if the street date butts up against it. It wouldn't be fair to those who pre-ordered.

8 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

There were plans for one for the arcade machine, but it depends how close we get to the actual release date. There's not much point to have a pre-order if the street date butts up against it. It wouldn't be fair to those who pre-ordered.

Those who preorder are "guaranteed a copy" and shipment on the day it comes out. Not sure if a Nes Classic/Snes Classic situation ever occurred with one of your products.

Edited by Mallard Games

12 hours ago, Mallard Games said:

Those who preorder are "guaranteed a copy" and shipment on the day it comes out. Not sure if a Nes Classic/Snes Classic situation ever occurred with one of your products.

Preorders are through major retailers, so timing does matter. If you recall what happened with Arcade1Up, some of those who ordered months in advance got their machines later than people who just walked into the store.